Why so many Scion TC haters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by Diluvium
what there are haters??? i didnt realize that.. make a list of the users...
I second that...where are the hordes of haters that are coming around here? The only reason the Tiburon people came around is because the Tiburon was being needlessly slammed in that thread...and they seemed much more civil then some members here were. The only reason CyberGypsy still comes around is because she/he sees all the praise heaped on the tC and somehow feels that people aren't ignoring valid critical points (although I do think that she/he is being disrespectful about the whole thing and seemed to be more infatuated with the car when it wasn't released then objectively looking at what segment the car was in).

To be honest, I have seen people defend the tC much more viciously here then any people truly hating...in fact, I think that it has bordered on an almost mob mentality in some cases. I think people here need to learn that not everyone is going to like the tC, there will be people who give that opinion here. As long as they constructively give reasons why (and not crap like "I rather drive a Yugo...") then I can't see why they would be called 'haters'. I love my tC and I am more then convinced that I couldn't of found a better car for the money...but I also know that there will be more then valid complaints & issues about the car.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by cypher50
I second that...where are the hordes of haters that are coming around here? The only reason the Tiburon people came around is because the Tiburon was being needlessly slammed in that thread...and they seemed much more civil then some members here were. The only reason CyberGypsy still comes around is because she/he sees all the praise heaped on the tC and somehow feels that people aren't ignoring valid critical points (although I do think that she/he is being disrespectful about the whole thing and seemed to be more infatuated with the car when it wasn't released then objectively looking at what segment the car was in).

To be honest, I have seen people defend the tC much more viciously here then any people truly hating...in fact, I think that it has bordered on an almost mob mentality in some cases. I think people here need to learn that not everyone is going to like the tC, there will be people who give that opinion here. As long as they constructively give reasons why (and not crap like "I rather drive a Yugo...") then I can't see why they would be called 'haters'. I love my tC and I am more then convinced that I couldn't of found a better car for the money...but I also know that there will be more then valid complaints & issues about the car.
Yup yup! PUNK ___ _____ES! lol, just kidding
Old 07-26-2004, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Originally Posted by emoinwinter
jealousy...
No, not jealousy, but part right LOUSY, I could not wait for the TC to come out , i read everything about it and bugged my dealer to death.... then there she was.... so fugly that I bit my lip...test drove it anyways...A/C sucked, maybe on that car....maybe not(i have seen dozens of the same posts)as I walked around I thought, God its so ugly, nothing like it looked on paper....so I walked out...thinking about just how much time i wasted wanting a car that looked thrown together...hey if you like it... I am happy for you....but for me it the Elise...and what was i thinking.....
i understand where you are coming from now. its like waiting for good movie to come out with tons of expectations of it and then be like... bleh... it sucked... its nice that you are voicing your opinion about the topic. but i think everyone here on scionlife know your position on the tC and the AC problem. its great to hear that you are getting an elise... can i ride with you sometime?

i do like the fact that people do post up problems that happens to the car. this is so i know exactly what to expect when i do get the car. im not sure when i will be receiving my tc. hopefully soon. im tired of waiting.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by jlaznlover
im not sure when i will be receiving my tc. hopefully soon. im tired of waiting.
Jonathan, you're never gonna get your tC, muahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 07-26-2004, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
Originally Posted by jlaznlover
im not sure when i will be receiving my tc. hopefully soon. im tired of waiting.
Jonathan, you're never gonna get your tC, muahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
lol, i know man i know.. it feels like forever. im giving my sales rep. a call again tomorrow morning. i need it soon becuase the insurance on my car expire on aug. 5th and i do not want to renew my insurance with my current company.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haters or not.. I just know that i love my baby sw5spd.... u stick with what you like and i'll stick with what I love.. loving it more day after day, drive after drive..

there will always be ppl bashing on other ppl's car, but who the F cares if one loves one's car.. ppl talking trash back at cybergypsy, you're no different than her...
Old 07-26-2004, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you delete threads?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zizi
Can you delete threads?
Only if you're a mod, or you're the original poster and nobody has posted a reply (I think.)
Old 07-26-2004, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
Originally Posted by zizi
Can you delete threads?
Only if you're a mod, or you're the original poster and nobody has posted a reply (I think.)
Just pm a mod and ask. Not just any thread can be deleted, though. This thread, for instance, won't be deleted