Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Would you wave back if someone waves at you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by phxTC
I keep a huge foam hand in my car and wave at people =)
Haha, what great imagery!! I just imagined driving down the road, then seeing another tC, getting ready to wave, when all of a sudden a massive foam hand is popping out waving at me....heheheheheh
Old 08-11-2006, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well out here in GM country i usually get at least 2 people giving me the finger daily when they see my car. In fact, i had a guy pull up to me at a light yesterday and tell me my car sucks... i saw a scion xb a few weeks ago (few and far between) and i waved because it was a suprise and the guy didnt even acknowledge me.. i felt like a
Old 08-12-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by QK5ILVR
Well out here in GM country i usually get at least 2 people giving me the finger daily when they see my car. In fact, i had a guy pull up to me at a light yesterday and tell me my car sucks... i saw a scion xb a few weeks ago (few and far between) and i waved because it was a suprise and the guy didnt even acknowledge me.. i felt like a
that sucks man... but they only persecute us because they recognize what's good in their hood
Old 08-12-2006, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would give them a thumbsup if i liked their setup...and i would prolly throw up the peace sign if u waved at me..nothing wrong w/waving. it's about time we got some friendly peeps on the road
Old 08-13-2006, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, but i usually give a head nod
Old 08-13-2006, 11:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i first got my tc i took it to sonic(dive in if ya dont know lol) ans when i was leaving i got flashes by 3 girls ina jetta! that was the happiest day of my life
Old 08-13-2006, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_jon
when i first got my tc i took it to sonic(dive in if ya dont know lol) ans when i was leaving i got flashes by 3 girls ina jetta! that was the happiest day of my life
we're talking headlight flashes, right?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol no ya know what i mean
Old 08-14-2006, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_jon
lucky lucky guy....
Old 08-14-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ams30gts
ill wave back if its a girl waving
thats how i met a girl around here lol
Old 08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Today at a traffic light there was guy in a Blue Onyx Pearl xB who was in the lane to the right. We were both looking a bit at each other's car for about four seconds, and then waved hello.

At first I thought it was an older Dodge Caravan, but then I recognized the height of the car, and the design of the A-frame .
Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member

of course i would wave to anotehr scion...everytime i see a tc i call them a friend lol...and any other scion car they are distant cousins lol
Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my community, there's 2 other tCs and only 1 of them wave back. I've driven by and waved and they just give me a stare. What's up with that? Jeeps have it. Bikes have it. Why can't tC's have it?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i heard wrxs have it in my school area
Old 08-15-2006, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wave when they look like semi-compentent owner... half the time its some old lady with her nose stuck in the airbag, the other half want to race... FYI kids.. I dont race... its only got 160hp... not exactly a corvette here.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:33 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, nice one about the nose in the airbag..........but yeah, i tend to look for a set of tinted windows b/c that's kind of a hint that they are somewhat young......my mom has 50% tint and i have 35 and 20.....big difference.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

As far as the 'tint % vs. age' theory goes, there's always exceptions to the rule - I'm 47 and have 30%. I'm also dropped, have a sub, and undercar LEDs, etc; hit my profile. If I didn't just drop a HUGE check for my son's first semester at college, I'd be rollin' on 19s right now too. Age is relative. I've seen a lot of posts where you 'youngsters' mention 'old people' driving Scions, and I have to agree - I commute 45 miles each way to work on the Mass Pike, and don't see a whole lot of Scions in general. However, when I do, I check to see who's drivin' and see if there will be any kind of 'family' acknowledgement. I would wave or nod, but I don't recall ever having anybody really even look over - as somebody mentioned before, some people just aren't on the same page as we are. Most Scions I've seen on the Pike are stock, and I've been surprised a lot at the age too, especially by xB drivers - it's an old guy, what the??? (I wonder if anybody thinks the same when they see me?) Just wanted to let you know all us old folk ain't so bad - I'll wave if somebody's checkin' me out. Holla at ya boy, yo!
Old 08-16-2006, 05:29 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha, nice. Yeah, it's the same around here with the xBs. It's either old (60+) men and women or some fat "thug" white kid. Not much customization around my area for them. The tCs around here are also not really modified other than maybe a lip kit and rims. I am sticking with my 17's and just working on power upgrades and suspension. The 17's are plenty for me and what I like is that alloy color when clean, and gun metal look when getting hazy. Goes good with the Flint Mica paint clean or dirty
Old 08-16-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Deuce_tCoupe
As far as the 'tint % vs. age' theory goes, there's always exceptions to the rule - I'm 47 and have 30%. I'm also dropped, have a sub, and undercar LEDs, etc; hit my profile. If I didn't just drop a HUGE check for my son's first semester at college, I'd be rollin' on 19s right now too. Age is relative. I've seen a lot of posts where you 'youngsters' mention 'old people' driving Scions, and I have to agree - I commute 45 miles each way to work on the Mass Pike, and don't see a whole lot of Scions in general. However, when I do, I check to see who's drivin' and see if there will be any kind of 'family' acknowledgement. I would wave or nod, but I don't recall ever having anybody really even look over - as somebody mentioned before, some people just aren't on the same page as we are. Most Scions I've seen on the Pike are stock, and I've been surprised a lot at the age too, especially by xB drivers - it's an old guy, what the??? (I wonder if anybody thinks the same when they see me?) Just wanted to let you know all us old folk ain't so bad - I'll wave if somebody's checkin' me out. Holla at ya boy, yo!

Thats awesome!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Rochester? I'll actually be spending some time out your way soon - my son starts at RIT on the 27th. Unfortunately, we'll be driving up in the wife's Caravan - tough to fit a fridge and all the rest of his crap in the tC, know what I mean? I'll keep an eye out for ya - if you see an 'old guy' in a red Caravan waving at you, you'll know it's me.

Quick Reply: Would you wave back if someone waves at you?