are you gunna make fun of me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

oh yeah.... Im not saying that xb's 1st gen or 2nd... cant be given more power... but monster badass....lol..but that's now why peeps get xb's
Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I've seen cars at shows that i've mistaken for lot cars (unsold units) but when I look inside there is personal items from someone, haha

My first thought when I see a bone stock tc is that theyve been eluding the bug to mod, and how long it will stay that way.

Me personally though I don't want to show my car until I have A LOT of stuff done, cause I don't want to look like the car next to me..
Old 03-28-2009, 08:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as long as it's your car, mod it the way you want to. the scion brand's all about personalization, putting "you" into the car and making the car "you". no need to hate, but respect. i have an auto tC myself, got nothing to complain about. it's still a fun car to drive.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea man, its your car. do what you want and can afford. screw the immature haters.
There's a guy named Brent in my local area who has a 326hp turbo auto tC...and I must say.....SLEEPER. He's placed the upset on quite a few people. the tC is completely stock on the out side but no under the hood although i'm not sure how long his engine is gonna last by the way i see him drive around here....lol
Old 03-28-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

some ppl are gonna be tools no matter what and give you a hard time.
i know plenty of ppl that have auto's because it just fir their needs better, when you have to drive long distances to and from work and school everyday a manual cars gets annoying.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZOMG needs more lower /vwvortez

lol

no but seriously. Dude its straight. Happy modding or not modding

just keep it tasteful and please don't turn out like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTFPRpnjzSQ
Old 03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dont worry about it man. You can always make it handle just as well though! Our first autox test n tune will be in May this year at Dakota County technical college. You can come out and I will happilly take you for a spin or two through a course in mine That should get you hooked on the handling route! And of course, if you want those nasty stock orange dash leds changed out... I am local :D
Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

My goodness mod the car to suit your tastes,not sure still why the whole auto vs stick thing is still an issue,the differance in power between the two with same mods is so little it is foolish to even brag about it.

I do beleive one of the most modded cars on this site is and auto.......and it is pink.....and as a guy would live to drive it.

Mod your car the way you want,do not worry about power mods,body mods,suspension mods,stereo mods,do what makes you feel good,remember the tC is nothing more than a sexy Camry,enjoy your car,have fun,goto shows,meet people in your community and hang out and make new friends.

I really think that is what Scion intended as for the Scion Lifestyle they have promoted.......have fun and get out and make it your car.

My car is an auto as well,I have modded just about everything I can on it,Five Axis kit comes today which makes me very happy.....I love building on my car,but even more I cherish the friends I have made by going out and just meeting people in the Scion community.......

So have fun with what you want to do,people will always flame......screw them......who cares.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

do what you want with it im driving a auto and that's not stoping me.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
SL Member

^X2 to that statement.

I threw a nitrous set up in my auto and now all the ppl that made fun of me can't keep up. Thats all I'm doing to my engine, keeping it a low shot so I'm quick, but not amazingly fast and don't have to touch internals.

Now time to work on the outside...and then finish my interior.

Do what you want and try not to care too much about ppl's opinions
Old 03-28-2009, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah I am also gonna do a ZEX setup on my car as well,50 shot is safe enough,cheap power and really it is not gonna get used other than to purge for fun more than say 4-5 times a year at track........

Next year BBK going on and coilovers,and RPF1s going on.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:13 PM
SL Member

^Point exactly...only use it on the track so no need for an expensive turbo.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by engifineer
Dont worry about it man. You can always make it handle just as well though! Our first autox test n tune will be in May this year at Dakota County technical college. You can come out and I will happilly take you for a spin or two through a course in mine That should get you hooked on the handling route! And of course, if you want those nasty stock orange dash leds changed out... I am local :D
Oh definitely! I'll be looking for some more info about that in the near future.

and about those LED's , I would let's just say LOVVEEEE to get rid of the poopy oranges. I've been rummaging through the DIY's but me and LED's have never got along so I let them be.

and to everyone else: thanks for the support.
I was hoping to hear that. and I know that I could turbo it, but I am way to big of a momma's boy. and seeing as how she's making some of the payments, and she frieked out when i put lowering springs on , i don't wanna____ her off too much.

guess that's what moving out and not letting her see is for.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hear ya on the modding on a budget thing, i bought my rims one at a time bc i couldnt save up the money. lol. thank god for tax returns, that got me my tires. i've only seen one other tc with my rims, and i like it that way :D doesn't matter what anyone else says.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL is totally different than the Supra community. When I had my 95 Supra, it seemed like if your mods weren't to the liking of those on supraforums, you'd hear about it. I say you are right to not waste your time or money on mods that don't do much. Save up and do the big mods like a turbo or engine build. Not on an intake or some cheap tune.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

so on the turbo kit subject, what would be the cheapest decent one that I could be lookin at?

like I know there are some cheappp ones out there, which of course sound better to me,but I would much rather suck it up and get a decent one that is

1. respectable
2. decent in power output
3. not gunna kill me in maintenance in the long run

Sorry to change the subject, but i figured it isn't threadjacking if its my own
Old 03-28-2009, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

TT, Dezod, or Ptuning kits ftw!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

nice. i'll look into those. I'll have to start a little piggy bank to save all my loose pennies. or maybe hundred dollar bills. same thing i think
Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kphyle22, you're in the same boat as me.
First car, auto tC, making pretty much minimum wage.

I'm kind of doing the reverse thing though. I got a riced out tC for Christmas and I'm in the process of making it tastefully modded.

As long as you accept the fact that you're slow and that just because your car looks cool doesn't mean its fast, then you're all good. I hate when kids around my school think they're the fastest thing on the road and then go and run into a streetlamp. Sadly though, it's definitely not just highschool kids.

Honestly, if you want a show car, go exterior/interior mods first (as they'll be the cheapest), and then get into the turbo or I/H/E or whatever you want to do.

There's always gonna be the idiots who try to race you going down the street because your car looks good, but just let them be. Just because your car isn't super fast doesn't mean it can't look good, or vice versa.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

haha, yes exactly. and don't worry, i know I'm slow. that doesn't mean i don't love my baby though. oh and this may sound bad, but if you have any lame ricer parts you wanna get rid of, I may buy them from ya. (my rich dumba*s "friend" has a tc, and he's kinda into not the best mods) just fyi

Quick Reply: are you gunna make fun of me?