Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Any pics of wheel spacers installed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NISMOZ33
I have a bunch of 5 and 8 mm spacers laying around ill ship for $10 per pair... they are the cheepy cast spacers... i wouldnt recomend them on any car IMHO...

but, i wouldnt recomend anyting unless it is a hub centric spacer...

If you are getting after market wheels, get wheels with the correct offset to put them flush with the fender...
Do you have your tC yet? If you do, could you do everyone on scionlife a quick favor? Since the H&R spacers are 5 and 15mm, and you have 5 and 8 mm spacers laying around, could take off one of your front and rear wheel, and put like one 5mm spacer on the front wheel, and two 8mm spacers on the rear wheel to see how they look? I dont want you to go driving anywhere like this, but if you could test this out on your car and then tell us how they look so that we know what size spacer to go for on the front and rear to get a flush look that would be awsome(pics would even be better).
Old 04-09-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill do it if my girlfriend lets me! its going to be her car...

(but I have my plans for it hehe)...

I wont drive with them, but also... I dont know yet how long the stock hub bolts are to see if they will even let the lug nuts properly bolt up to the bolts...

Need to have atlest 8 threads locked onto the hub bolts IMHO...

When she wakes up we may go out looking again...

When I get to my office on Monday ill take a picture of the spacers...

But also, from the tC we looked at last night (our first ones in person) the rears looked like they could use a 15mm spacer... Ill look again better today...
Old 04-09-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NISMOZ33
Ill do it if my girlfriend lets me! its going to be her car...

(but I have my plans for it hehe)...

I wont drive with them, but also... I dont know yet how long the stock hub bolts are to see if they will even let the lug nuts properly bolt up to the bolts...

Need to have atlest 8 threads locked onto the hub bolts IMHO...

When she wakes up we may go out looking again...

When I get to my office on Monday ill take a picture of the spacers...

But also, from the tC we looked at last night (our first ones in person) the rears looked like they could use a 15mm spacer... Ill look again better today...
Thanks man, if you could do this it would be great. Btw, I dont want you to try and go out driving with those spacers on even if you have 8 threads locked into the hub bolts. The only spacers that I would ever trust on my car while driving are the H&R's which are TUV approved. But if you could see if 5mm front and 15mm rear would make the stock wheels flush with the fenders that would provide very useful information to everyone here.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got home from our day out... Put a deposit on a tC

And my scatter brain forgot to look at the wheels... SORRY!

All I could think of was trying to see what my girlfirend is going to like on her car so I know what to order

I can do it, just dont even have the car yet! I probably wouldnt drive the car with them on... I would have to roll it back and forth a couple of times so the wheels can set out...