Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Anyone have Tein H. Tech??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone have Tein H. Tech??

I just bought some Tein H. Tech lowering springs from a fellow scionlife member and i was just wondering if anyone has it installed on their car and what else besides the springs did they install to make it run right. Such as if anyone is running any types of camber kit on their car or just straight springs. Any feedback would be much appreciaed.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have them and love them! they ride really smooth for a lowered car, but now i want coilovers!!! i havent done any more suspension work, but i will after i buy coilovers

i have taken turns at fast speeds and lil body roll. it made a big diff in looks and handling
Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

good moderate drop, more than half the distance of wheelgap from stock with the stock wheels. I got those cuz i want 18's, but I dunno what you wanted when u got em. I also have a rear strut and sway bar. GET SWAY BARS NEXT!! trd r pretty good but hitchkis are the most popular and def better as ppl say. I'm telling you, thats what u want next.

www.trdsparks.com
Old 11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you guys running any camber kits on the car because some cars get major negative camber when they lower the car.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a simple alignment would do the trick...

no need for camber kit
Old 11-18-2008, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^aoite thanks after this im planning on pickin up some trd struts and front and rear strut bars. someone also told me that i have to cut 1/2 of the bump stop how true is that and y would i have to.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

My first suspension installation were the h-techs on my car. Very nice ride, I didn't cut any bumpstops, but I did end up getting the camber kit for the rear passenger wheel.
But some have said its not needed, just lower it, and get the alignment and see. My guy told me to get the kit and re-did the alignment free.....
Old 11-18-2008, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet thanks im planning on getting it done this week can you guys post up some pics of your ride wit the H. Tech?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Silverstreak-tC
^^aoite thanks after this im planning on pickin up some trd struts and front and rear strut bars. someone also told me that i have to cut 1/2 of the bump stop how true is that and y would i have to.
Don't cut the bump stops. If you feel it is necessary only cut them 1/2" (not in half, or you will bottom out on every little bump).
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Y would it be neccessary to cut it tho isnt it only if i want to go lower or is there any other reasons y someone would?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:07 AM
SL Member

you should go with the tokicos, which are cheaper then the trds. I just got them installed with my htechs and they ride smooth.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^yeah thats what im thinkin bout doing too i want to get the tokico hp blue for the meantime im just saving up right now for my struts and hopefully ill have enough money for some sway bars for the front and back maybe hotchkis and greddy front and rear strut bars.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have hotchkis rear camber kit.. but thats only cuz im on s-techs and my back wheels were slanting.. u should have no problem with the htechs by themselves
Old 11-21-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

srsly?
theres like hundred of ppl on here with H-techs.

you dont need anything else.
especially not a camber kit with that minimal of a drop.
if you want to get an alignment go for it, but you prob wont even need that either.

ibtl.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Thanks man right now i go to skool in cypress college and we have a toyota program here and i asked one of the teachers to install the springs but he wants me to get some sports shocks to match the springs because he doesnt want me to come back later to tell him my shocks blew out. So right now im just saving up for either trd or tokico hp. Do you guys know any place that i can get a good price on tokico hp's??
Old 11-21-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nothing else but u will need spring compressors and would help if u had air tools, the only problem i ran into is not having an impact gun for the front two 22mm bolts in front holding the bottom of the strut, wat i did was place the wrench on and used an adjustable wrench at the end for more leverage, also it took me 4 hrs because commpressing the spring and decompressing the spring with just ratchets is hard and tiring work!

other than no my alignment seems fine goes straight, i dont kno about camber wear so im gonna get it checked...turns are better but there is body lean, im sure a sway bar can fix it, oh loosen the bolt thats in the middle of the struts in frnt a little or its hard to loosen once its out since the plate under it moves
Old 11-21-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

^^Thanks man right now i go to skool in cypress college and we have a toyota program here and i asked one of the teachers to install the springs but he wants me to get some sports shocks to match the springs because he doesnt want me to come back later to tell him my shocks blew out. So right now im just saving up for either trd or tokico hp. Do you guys know any place that i can get a good price on tokico hp's??
you dont REALLY need shocks.
ive seen cars go 100,000 miles on aftermarket springs and never need to have the shocks replaced.
it really just depends.

didnt do to much research but sparks has the lowest price on alot of stuff so im assuming these are priced pretty good too.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...1&parts_id=324
Old 11-21-2008, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
you dont REALLY need shocks.
ive seen cars go 100,000 miles on aftermarket springs and never need to have the shocks replaced.
it really just depends.

didnt do to much research but sparks has the lowest price on alot of stuff so im assuming these are priced pretty good too.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...1&parts_id=324

yup just dont bottom out all the time and ur set but if u got the money get shocks so it will feel better =D
Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thnx yellow i would get them installed w/o shocks but to be safe ill just save up for shocks that way i dont have to do much for install ill just put the srpings on the new shocks. i should have the new shocks by the beginning on next year. ill post pics and stuff. ey yellow whats your suspension setup cuz ive seen soem pics of your car and ur dropped as hell.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 PM
SL Member

i got my tokicos the other week for 374 shipped from jdmwerkz on ebay. if only they shipped it out as fast as they accepted the money that wouldve been great but it still came within a week.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Tein H. Tech??