Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...
View Poll Results: Which coilovers are best for comfort?
Function & Form Type II
71.43%
B&G RS2
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

B&G or Function & Form

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Default B&G or Function & Form

Ok, my tax return is comming soon and ive been planning on getting coilovers because our roads here aren't the best for spring/shock combo. its making the daily driving a bit rough. im currently on Hotchkis springs with TRD shocks since late 2007. the ride is good but i want something better. im looking for comfort and a smooth ride. yes i know, go back to stock but of course i dont want that. ive searched for reviews on both and want an honest answer about why you like them? of course it helps if you've owned either of the pair. as of right now, im leaning towards function & form coilovers. i should make my purchase sometime in february?

importrp.com has the B&G's for $1208.40 shipped.
http://importrp.com/product.php?prod...cat=135&page=1

weksos has Function & Form's for $1170.00 shipped.
http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=1401&page=1

let me know!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

I am in the same boat as you. But also have H&R and TEINS in the mix. Do you want to track the car or are you in it for ride height?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

yea im sticking to B&G's or Function & Forms, others havent seem to appealing to me about price and quality. ALL daily driving, no track or auto-x. im on hotchkis so im currently sitting a bit lower in the back than in the front since my small system is back there. ive been wanting to lower the front a little more and raise the rear a tad?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

do you realize...you are kinda contradicting yourself? you say the roads are too rough for spring/shock combo...but you want coilovers? those are even more stiff than springs...even at the lowest dampening level, its probably about 2x stiffer than springs at the least.

well i guess its up to your preference. i own B&G and i dont regret it. its a "comfortable" setup, not too rough (like Teins or D2s). Also great customer service as well, located locally (for me). and that site is exactly where i got my B&Gs a year ago.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if you're talking about local (i know you're in texas so that's not really a plus for you) and good customer service, hit up function and form directly. They're located in alhambra, and i'll say their driveway isn't too nice on me, but they had good service and were super chill.
i got mine for 1170$ including tax, and they threw in a set of sway bar endlinks, since they said slammage == bent stock endlinks
as for quality, i have no clue since they're not installed yet.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

well, TRD shocks aren't made for Hotchkis springs and they say to set them to the softest setting to get a better ride out of them? i dont think ill do that but ill mess with them a bit.

i was going to find a set of 17" stockies with thicker tires to get a better ride but if coilovers can do the trick ill stick with my 18" untill i can find a set of Volk GT-Ps or Enkei RPF1s?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was in the same boat, and chose B&Gs. Good luck getting a set though, I called up importrp.com and spoke to jeff, they didn't have any in stock so he called B&G for me and they had 1 set left which he got them to dropship to me. I was told it would be a few months before they got any more sets in.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i like the B&G's cuz i can slam em.

cant really give you an opinion on ride quality with them though because obviously being slammed makes it ride worse.

Marcial (FlintMicatC) loves his F2's and says they ride great, im sure he'll chime in here eventually.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

sometimes i wonder why i went so low just to be cool hahahah. its so impractical. but whatever, thats the great thing about coilovers, you can raise when you like

anyways for the B&Gs, http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...sion/Coilovers has them for slightly more than ImportRP (place where zombies and i got them)...maybe theyll have some in stock if youre interested.

im still waiting on all those new guys to put up a review of their F2 coils as well. really interested to find out what theyre like.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my car rides smooth... :D

and im slammed too.. go with B&G's and join the club.. everybodies doing it.. lol
Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mystik
do you realize...you are kinda contradicting yourself? you say the roads are too rough for spring/shock combo...but you want coilovers? those are even more stiff than springs...even at the lowest dampening level, its probably about 2x stiffer than springs at the least.

well i guess its up to your preference. i own B&G and i dont regret it. its a "comfortable" setup, not too rough (like Teins or D2s). Also great customer service as well, located locally (for me). and that site is exactly where i got my B&Gs a year ago.
x2, i HIGHLY doubt a coilover setup will be more comfortable than any spring/shock combo. typically, coilover spring rates are about twice as stiff as lowering springs.