Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

B&G RS2 Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mahalzkita28
Originally Posted by ICrazyChrisI
Originally Posted by nlombardi1
cuz i believe there pretty new and i've never seen anyone on here at SL w/ them.

Now you have
can you give a review of these please?
x2
Old 04-06-2007, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

^ He loves them. Ride quality && handling are both excellent.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many inch drop is that ? i just got mine in today
Old 04-07-2007, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Not sure.. but he raised it about half an inch since then so he could put his Volks on, then he's gonna dump it again. We're going to work tonight, so don't wait up for us.. Unless you'll be up at like 2-4am PST. lol.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

ok ok, let's see if I can clear a few things up. I am a former employee of B&G Suspension Systems.

Originally Posted by WendysOrBust
the product looks cheap and its sad that they advertise these as "track/auto x" coilovers and don't inform you anywhere on the spring rates. The website doesn't even have an application chart.

ebay product FTL
The spring rates are posted on SL, do a search before you bash them. "looks cheap" - I don't even know how to reply to this without being inappropriate. The product is definitely not cheap. The quality is perfect.

since my car is two weeks old right... I have honestly never heard of them and their website does not offer any information other than 150 years this and that. I sent them a message yesterday and have not had a reply yet.
Just because an 18 year old who has had his tC for 2 weeks has not heard of a company, does not mean they are not well established with an excellent product. Go do some research on VWvortex if you want to know something about this company's quality. The older, more experienced VW/Audi crowd LOVES them. They are also very big on the east coast where one of their warehouses is.

Originally Posted by nlombardi1
yeah i never heard of B&G either. but i think these coilovers are a great product they look better than progress and have better features also look sexier but looks doesn't mean you should go buy it cuz you like how it looks..but there's a lot of features that i liike on these coilovers. what do you people think is this a smart buy?
As a former employee, you might assume I am biased, but I LOVE these coilovers. I am in no position to make any profit off of these in anyway. I just respect them greatly for the quality, the customer service, and standing behind their product 110%.

Originally Posted by tC_skier
h&r is the way to go. pure german quality, and the best ride out there for tC's.....dezod uses them and that's DEFINITELY gotta say somethin.
ZPI uses B&G's.

------
As far as reviews go, WOW. These are amazing at the auto-x tracks, so I don't know where this kid gets the idea of bashing on them. I can't say enough good things about how impressed I am with this product.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I will post pics of my car SLAMMED on the B&G RS2's later when I get home.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

hows the ride with them comfort wise?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ronny_b
Originally Posted by tC_skier
h&r is the way to go. pure german quality, and the best ride out there for tC's.....dezod uses them and that's DEFINITELY gotta say somethin.
ZPI uses B&G's.
Not trying to be offensive as I do run one ZPI product on my car, but I respect Dezod a lot more than I respect ZPI. Knowledge, customer service, build quality on their cars, etc, etc, etc. Dezod>ZPI. Says something that Dezod had to repair a bunch of ZPI's customer's cars when they had turbo issues.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

The spring rates are posted on SL..
I've searched but cannot find that information, at least not in an obvious thread like the "Coilover Comparison" thread or the suspension buyer guide, nor can I find it at YStC. If you know what the spring rates are, would you please be so kind as to share them here or in the above mentioned comparison thread? I think it would go a long way to educating people about B+G coilovers.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
I've searched but cannot find that information, at least not in an obvious thread like the "Coilover Comparison" thread or the suspension buyer guide, nor can I find it at YStC. If you know what the spring rates are, would you please be so kind as to share them here or in the above mentioned comparison thread? I think it would go a long way to educating people about B+G coilovers.

Thanks.

I got a reply from their rep and he said 6kF 8kR, or the other way around, can't remember.

And to Ronny, does it look like I own a VW, have I ever said anything about me owning a VW? So why would I ever step foot inside the VWvortex forums (other than to look at the 5x100 wheel classified section) I went to the B&G site to do some RESEARCH and all I got was an unfinished page, at first I thought it was my Mozilla at first but it was the same with my IE. So what am I supposed to think? I've owned a 240sx, an Izuzu Rodeo and an Integra before and I've never heard of this company.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

B&G makes a quality product. I have a set of their coil-overs for my other car, and they are definitely top notch.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1 complaint, steel. steel does outperform aluminum correct but 1 scratch and here comes the rust, and they will scratch during an install.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
1 complaint, steel. steel does outperform aluminum correct but 1 scratch and here comes the rust, and they will scratch during an install.
I disagree. Unless you go to some crap shop or do a crappy job yourself.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you

Thanks.

I got a reply from their rep and he said 6kF 8kR, or the other way around, can't remember.

And to Ronny, does it look like I own a VW, have I ever said anything about me owning a VW? So why would I ever step foot inside the VWvortex forums (other than to look at the 5x100 wheel classified section) I went to the B&G site to do some RESEARCH and all I got was an unfinished page, at first I thought it was my Mozilla at first but it was the same with my IE. So what am I supposed to think? I've owned a 240sx, an Izuzu Rodeo and an Integra before and I've never heard of this company.
Are you crying? He never said you owned a VW. Just go there and see what the users have to say about the product.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a ____ing river

ignorance FTL
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^how ironic.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Seriously, yeah, I wasn't saying you have to own a VW/Audi/BMW to view some feedback. I am just saying B&G is very well known in that community... and I recommended you familiarize yourself with product reviews based on people who judge the quality for handling/performance rather than making an inexperienced review based on aesthetics. I personally think they look great, but if you don't, that's your thing and I have no problem with that. The company is a performance suspension company and I love my coilovers.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, I agree

=)
Old 05-20-2007, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill post pictures of my car this week i love the coilovers expect i gotta raise it or make it stiffer or softer cuz im getting owned by pot wholes and wat not

Quick Reply: B&G RS2 Coilovers