Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

brake pedal pulsates

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

got my car back today. they said nothing was wrong with the calipers and they were working perfectly. So i'm getting a stage 2 stoptech kit from nurspec as soon as i can unless someone would recommend something else?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if there was nothing wrong with your rear brakes, the pics of your rotors wouldnt look like they do, there is something wrong with the rear brakes, do yourself a favor and get the rears fixed before you get the stop tech kit and ruin that also.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

they said the pads were really bad on the rear, but nothing was wrong with the calipers themselves.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

the stoptech stage 2 kit is on the way! so we'll see how that helps when it gets here! ^^
Old 09-17-2009, 05:05 PM

I recently purchased a RS 5.0 and I am experiencing this same problem, but it is only when stopped at lights or stop signs... I still have full warranty so should I just take it by the dealership to have it checked. Sorry to thread jack :X. I recently installed a fujita intake this wouldn't be causing any issues would it?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

nahhh the intake wouldn't do anything, unless you seriously messed something up on the install and... well... yeah seriously messed something up on the install haha
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 PM

I was positive it wouldn't I was just wondering if there were any possible things that could have happened so if I take it to the dealer they can't try and BS me Any idea what was causing this problem?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

read this thread. everyone here kinda went over everything.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ wooohoo (does the parts dance) lol glad you're getting the new kit, definitely want to know how that turns out congrats!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

no probblem! won't be getting them until wendesday, but with work and then school everyday... i won't be able to get them on until saturday or sunday of next week
bleeding our brakes are just the same as bleeding other brakes or is it different? I've never bleed brakes before but my friend helping me has done it on a bunch of different cars so i just wanted to make sure theres nothing special about these lines.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
no probblem! won't be getting them until wendesday, but with work and then school everyday... i won't be able to get them on until saturday or sunday of next week
bleeding our brakes are just the same as bleeding other brakes or is it different? I've never bleed brakes before but my friend helping me has done it on a bunch of different cars so i just wanted to make sure theres nothing special about these lines.
yeah I just got done bleeding the brakes on mine, was replacing all the brake fluid with new.

- The bleeder screw is a 6 point, 8mm size. I bought a wrench from sears for like $4 or $5.

- The size of the clear vinyl hose you need is an inner diameter of 3/16" that's what fit tightly for no air leaks.
- pump up the brakes 3 or 4 times, hold the brake pedal, open up the bleeder screw the fluid comes out into a container, then close the bleeder screw, tell the helper to let go of the pedal. I kept going until the lighter colored fluid began coming through (and no air bubbles, hence the clear vinyl hose)

When I did the brakes, I had a piston compression tool that I bought from Harbor Freight, was $5.99 and worked really well. I put an old pad between the tool and the piston and put enough tension on it to hold it in place. Then opened up the bleeder screw and compressed the piston. I had heard mixed opinions on damage to the ABS system if the old fluid was being forced back up the line. Didn't want to take the chance so let the excess fluid come out of the bleeder screw.

The link to the harbor freight tool (was amazed good price and all steel!) is here
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=34304

If you do choose to replace all the brake fluid, it took me a total of 4 containers of the Toyota brake fluid to do the job. I might have used more than I needed but wanted to make sure the brake fluid was nice and clean.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

alright sounds easy enough. i can't wait to get these on!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

just got the boxes today!!! tomorrow i'll open em and see what's inside 0.o and then this weekend they'll go on the car!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lets see some peektures of the set up before the install!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

The stage 2's from stop tech are very nice :D Specially with the fluid they give. THe lines help firm up the petal feel as well. I stop a good 20-40 feet earlier, but maybe thats just my imagination :D
Old 09-23-2009, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

haha well i don't carry around a measuring tape with me, so i don't think i'll have any stats to show how much my braking improves! but i'll take some pictures the whole way!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on the stop techs, def let us know how they perform, pics are good too!!! I just bought a 2010 BSP TC, so I wont be getting any brake upgrades until I run the stockers into the ground (read auto-x)......
Old 09-23-2009, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

man i wish there was anything in michigan that i could auto-x or anything at. The only things i know of are race courses that have open track days... that are like 3 hours away! it's horrible!!!

is there like an auto-x website that shows all the locations in states? i haven't found anything before
Old 09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
man i wish there was anything in michigan that i could auto-x or anything at. The only things i know of are race courses that have open track days... that are like 3 hours away! it's horrible!!!

is there like an auto-x website that shows all the locations in states? i haven't found anything before
SCCA runs events nationwide
http://www.scca.com/hub.aspx?hub=3

check there for local events.

track days are worth the drive man, I've driven farther than 3hrs for a track day.....can you say ROOOOOOAD TRIP!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

haha yeah i just found SCCA. But what i wanted to know about that, is will i have to join the SCCA to race or could i just pay a race fee and not register?

Quick Reply: brake pedal pulsates