Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

brake pedal pulsates

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
haha yeah i just found SCCA. But what i wanted to know about that, is will i have to join the SCCA to race or could i just pay a race fee and not register?
if you do Solo/time trials, they have whats called a weekend membership $15 good for 5 days + event fees. then if you decide you want to become a full member you can put up to $30 in weekend membership fees towards the full membership of $80/annually.

or you can just do a local track day.......when I was a track instructor for motorcycle road racers, I did a class and track instruction for newbies who were non-racers and just wanted to get on a track to see what they could do in a controlled environment. No special license was required for track days.......
Old 09-24-2009, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

yeah i think once i finish up with my turbo kit i'll go down there and have some fun!!! but the last race of the season here is the 17th of october and i work that day so i have to wait regardless. It makes me wonder what the course is though, because where it's being held they used to do a formula 1 race there.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

the suspense is killing me!!!! i'm at work right now until 1 ish, and then after that i finally get to install them!!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^update!! update!!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

alright... i put them on today (it was rainy and gloomy out and my girlfriends brother didn't feel like doing it yesterday so we didn't). Butttttttt long story short.. we are almost positive that the pulsing of my pedal... was due to the fact that the rear brakes were basically non existant. When we took the caliper off the left side rear the caliper wasn't even all the way off before the pad fell out in pieces and basically disentegrated when it hit the ground, the other side was a little better... it didn't disintegrate lol but they look nice!! i'll tell you that much!!! bling bling what!? But now my brake light is on and i don't know why and it's too late to care
Old 09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
alright... i put them on today (it was rainy and gloomy out and my girlfriends brother didn't feel like doing it yesterday so we didn't). Butttttttt long story short.. we are almost positive that the pulsing of my pedal... was due to the fact that the rear brakes were basically non existant. When we took the caliper off the left side rear the caliper wasn't even all the way off before the pad fell out in pieces and basically disentegrated when it hit the ground, the other side was a little better... it didn't disintegrate lol but they look nice!! i'll tell you that much!!! bling bling what!? But now my brake light is on and i don't know why and it's too late to care
Wow the rear pads just went to dust when you pulled them out! sheesh!

brake light, have you checked the brake fluid level in the reservoir?
Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

it's pretty low. i didn't think that would cause the light to go on >< we ran out of fluid when bleeding it because nurspec shipped me gear oil instead of brake fluid (i just switched out my gear oil for what they sent me lol ) i'm going to fill it up more on tuesday because i'll be getting the shipment of it then
Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^yeah definitely see how low it is, if it's completely dry, then the master cylinder has to be bled. If it's a little below minimum then just add some and you'll be ok.

Aren't brakes, fun?! *sarcasm* lol
Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

haha it's like just below the min mark, so it's not empty. But yeah brakes are a lot of fun!!! my girlfriends brother got a good laugh while bleeding them because the fluid would squirt out a lot like once per wheel. we called it "the money shot" haha
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ yeah i saw that too when i was bleeding. that's what took so long, but glad to hear that it's not empty in the reservoir! whew! well hey have fun, glad most of it's almost done!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

yeah i can't wait to have fluid in there and not have to worry about anything! my friend made fun of me because as we were almost done i said... "Man... i can't wait to stop!!" gotta love those corny little statements lol