Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

which coilover do u think is better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RAWRbot
it was ff type 2 or bc racing coilovers. went with bc racing coils and i kinda regret it cause i heard ff type 2 go lower?
Theres no way F&F type II's go lower then BC coilovers. I've been on type II's for who knows how long with collars removed and springs compressed and by seeing some other guys on BC I need a 1"+ Just to somewhat b as low as them.

Coolwaterz- being maxed out on these coilovers and what not you should have no problem with people in the back. I used to have some 18x8 +40 rims on 225/18/40 and carried about 4 people in the back and never had no issues with rubbing and what not and that's also with me loosening the preload to get lower then the max. Even now which I'm on 18x9.5+30 wheels I can still carry 2people in the back, but with this wider set up it does rub just a Lil but no biggie
Old 11-19-2011, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC-S08
Theres no way F&F type II's go lower then BC coilovers. I've been on type II's for who knows how long with collars removed and springs compressed and by seeing some other guys on BC I need a 1"+ Just to somewhat b as low as them.

Coolwaterz- being maxed out on these coilovers and what not you should have no problem with people in the back. I used to have some 18x8 +40 rims on 225/18/40 and carried about 4 people in the back and never had no issues with rubbing and what not and that's also with me loosening the preload to get lower then the max. Even now which I'm on 18x9.5+30 wheels I can still carry 2people in the back, but with this wider set up it does rub just a Lil but no biggie
the issue isnt rubbing or anything like that. my stock exhaust was touching the drive way as i went down.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Coolwaterz
they go pretty low. without compressing the springs i get about a negative 1-1.5 finger gap (tucked under the fender)
but thats was near impossible to drive. especially with weight. (but i doubt u guys care)
Oh okay, u didn't mention anything about ur exhaust so I was just telling u from my experience On this set up and going of this ^
Old 11-19-2011, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC-S08
Oh okay, u didn't mention anything about ur exhaust so I was just telling u from my experience On this set up and going of this ^

yeah thanks for that. i would slam but roads over here are so bad in most areas.

also the ride is really firm even on full soft =/ wasnt expecting something like this. but love the handling.

im going to see if the noise is coming from the top of the damper **** hitting the plastic wiper tray.. if not then i need to take a closer look at my setup
Old 11-23-2011, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the clunking noise was coming from my windshield wiper guard. the damper adjustment **** was hitting it.. so looks like i have to drill a hole there for the ****..
any one did it differently? i would hate to mod that part.

also during a big bump i think my front sway bar is hitting against my car. what can i do about that?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the clonking is fixed. now i just need to fix the rear squeak...
only really happens when i go over a bump and bounce up and a down..
its almost rubbery...