Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

corner balanced ya!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2redgerm6
you sound very stuck up for someone with a car very low on the totum.
i may be low on the totem pole but i'm surely not inexperienced setting up suspensions. i just find it funny and pretty much "just about right" that a tC owner would spend $130 to corner balance a car that doesn't see real roadcourse or autocross conditions.
i am not bragging to anybody, i am posting info for people who are interested. if you aren't interested in a street car driven for fun then stay off my post. coming on my post and insulting a purpose built fun daily driver doesn't make your tiny ***** any bigger although it may make your tiny ego a little bigger.
dude, if you want to talk about my *****, i suggest you do it in private messaging, that comes across as pretty ___..
both of our cars are slow on the track and on the streets. and my car handles very well and goes very fast for the very small amount of money i have put in it.
as does mine

compare your your panda terd car to my purpose built track when i have the extra cash to do that
i counter this super intelligent statement by saying, "dude when i win the lotto i'll totally build a much faster car than all THAT so F-U!!!" lmfao

(and no it won't be front wheel drive dunb butt). i am done posting in response to ignorance so don't bother responding unless its an apology for your ignorant statements.
i'm sorry.. i'm sorry you spent money on something you will probably never utilize.. kinda like me bragging that i bought drag radials for my xA.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ok, this is obviously a personal battle between you two. Apparently this started elsewhere and you drug it here. He said nothing in this thread about what he had planned down the road for the car driving wise (well, not until you came in), so we were merely talking about suspension setups. I assumed he was going to be taking it to a track (not a straight one ).
Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
And this from a guy that bragged about geting his xA corner balanced and wanted to know if any tCs have yet. But now it is a waste of money Sounds like you just wanted to talk smack to me.
was i actually talking to you? and for your info i paid exactly $0 to corner balance..
piggy or not, I am running mid pack in a pack of older modded civic hatches (which will make that xA cry.. and tons of other cars as well on an autox track), imprezza rs's, rsx, etc on all season street tires in my tC.. with stock alignment. While heavy, the tC is absolutely no slouch on the autox track with the right setup. Plenty of people have shown that.
good for you.. but middle of the pack is still losing.. what's your pax? and you're running STS right? you know we're in the same class if modded equally... Hstock, FSP, etc.. goes to show how badly the tC sucks, it's the only 2.4L i know in the bottom of the barrel stock classes..

And the car needs more NEGATIVE camber in the front, less in the back.
i surely hope you're not talking to me here.. you have no idea..
The negative camber in front will allow the front to bite more in the corners, but you actually want the back to slip more, so stick with less negative camber in the rear if you can. A slight bit of toe out on the front should make the car a bit more twitchy (that is a good thing if you know how to drive) and make it turn in better. Zero toe on the rear again, to allow the car to rotate. The slight bit of toe out will also actually provide a bit better tire wear with the increased camber.
i'm currently running -3deg up front, -1.4deg in the rear and 1/8" toe out in rear, 0 toe up front. i run 10psi lower in the rear for autoX, and it works well.. if i can't get the car to rotate, add 2 psi
Old 08-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Banned
SL Member

ok, this is obviously a personal battle between you two. Apparently this started elsewhere and you drug it here. He said nothing in this thread about what he had planned down the road for the car driving wise (well, not until you came in), so we were merely talking about suspension setups. I assumed he was going to be taking it to a track (not a straight one ).
no, i was simply laughing at the fact that a corner balance on a street only (and straight line) car is pretty much useless.. hell, a corner balance on MY car is useless, as i only hit 2 events a month.. tires and experience make up for any shortcomings the car has..
Old 08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you seem hellbent on trashing the tC. I run in sts in a large group of tiny, lightweight cars with drivers having over 20 years experience in many cases.. and a few very good trips to nationals under thier belts. The 3 20+ year experienced guys that rode with me at he test n tune couldnt believe how well the tC did on mild suspension mods and all seasons. I pax anywhere from dead mid pack or better if that makes you feel better, and that is on tires (again all seasons) on shredded edges from too much autoxing and a stock alignment. If you think that in any way makes the tC suck.. you havent done much autoxing or race against some pretty poor drivers in small classes. Our sts class is one of the tougest to compete in here and normally sees well under a second separating nearly half the field. Our club has also been officially running autox events longer that the scca, so we have guys who have been in this club, running autox almost as long as I have been alive.. making for some pretty impressive driving.

Again you are trolling trying to hype up your econo box by trashing another econo box . Losing or not, autoxing is about the fun of driving and beating your own times. At least for 99% of the rest of us. The competition is great, and the tC can get there very easilly. Its not the best car in the world for it (niether is the xa by a far cry), but in no way sucks as you say. I can update you more when I align it and have a set of rims with some real tires on it for autox if you like, but I am sure you will hype your mighty xA again. Funny how some have to result to childish trolling to hype up thier car. And if you really cared about having a car that was THE car for autox, you are so far away from it its silly. Go buy a miata for christs sake (and seriously.. i am not smack talking on the miata.. I will probably have one for autox only in the near future for sts2).

But really, why come on talking all the smack? It is a sign of a small mind and was completely uncalled for in this thread.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned
SL Member

i guess i just need to see an actually experienced driver behind the wheel of a tC, cuz none has beat me yet..
Old 08-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

oh and to those who are wondering wtf i'm doing here in the first place,,,,

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...465&highlight=
Old 08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

good for you.. here is your cookie

I bet your dad is superman and your b@!!s are brass too huh? What is this.. kindergarden ???
Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

i dont' want a cookie, i want to see a properly raced tC..
Old 08-14-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tamago

Which has absolutely no relevance to you coming here and talking trash on the op or the tC. I totally agree that if he isnt going to be on a track with it, the corner balance is not of much importance, but what was the point in bashing him for it? Regardless of use, the rest of us used it as an opportunity to discuss our current/future suspension setups. You just flew in to trash talk the tC or to make yourself feel better about yoru xA..... either way it was unneeded and pointless.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

you sound very stuck up for someone with a car very low on the totum. i am not bragging to anybody, i am posting info for people who are interested. if you aren't interested in a street car driven for fun then stay off my post. coming on my post and insulting a purpose built fun daily driver doesn't make your tiny ***** any bigger although it may make your tiny ego a little bigger.

both of our cars are slow on the track and on the streets. and my car handles very well and goes very fast for the very small amount of money i have put in it.

compare your your panda terd car to my purpose built track when i have the extra cash to do that (and no it won't be front wheel drive dunb butt). i am done posting in response to ignorance so don't bother responding unless its an apology for your ignorant statements.
Although Tomago's comment was rather rude and unnecessary, I wouldn't go so far as to bash his xA. I can understand you bring upset by his childish remarks, but in respect to his car (not his comments), he has one of the best handling xA's around, if not one of the best handling Scions. His car actually is a purpose built track car.

You probably would not stand a chance on the autox against him, but you'd roast him on a straight line or highway sweepers (maybe).

But disregarding those comments, i'm interested on the measurable gains that you are seeing from the balancing.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

Which has absolutely no relevance to you coming here and talking trash on the op or the tC. I totally agree that if he isnt going to be on a track with it, the corner balance is not of much importance, but what was the point in bashing him for it? Regardless of use, the rest of us used it as an opportunity to discuss our current/future suspension setups. You just flew in to trash talk the tC or to make yourself feel better about yoru xA..... either way it was unneeded and pointless.
true, no relevance at all.. except you pointed out that there wsa someone who had corner balanced, and i looked up the thread hoping to see an autocrosser, but instead it's some moron bragging about 115mph cornering.. jeeze... and you seem to be taking serious offense to my tc comments, when the mocking was directed more toward the OWNER.. but like most tC owners, you think your sh doesnt stink..

reminds me of most civic owners
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Dude, tomago... I remember you bring a fairly cool guy on the xA forums, but what gives? Are you having a bad day or something?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i dont' want a cookie, i want to see a properly raced tC..
you think your sh doesnt stink....
Well, actually, rather than acting high and mighty, I simply discussed his suspension mods, not his choice of what driving he does with it. You cam on talking like your ish doesnt stink acting like mr speed racer.

Sounds to me its more like you want to e-convince people you are autox god in your xA... which amounts to nothing but internet drivel. You cant even compare how people do in other areas and events because you dont have an idea what they compete against or where they drive. Maybe you should borrow somones tC down there and "show us all how a real driver does it".

Sorry if I am off base here... but that sure is how you come off, like a lot of smack talk and nothing else. I have yet to meet a real, experienced driver in autox with that attitude. Actually, most like that last one or two events before giving up after some completely random car spanks them on the track a few times. Most good drivers know the differences in cars, venues and drivers and do a lot less hyping thier car and themselves.

Again, just the way you come off.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

my comments were rude and unnecessary, yes.. but sure got this thread moving again eh? isn't that the point of forums?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

round two....fight
Old 08-15-2007, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and i guess because i have never been on a track i can't drive well. the ignorance from this panda driver keeps getting more insulting bring your xa to orlando and i will race you on straights or curves or on the roofs of houses or wherever you want and you may whip me like a school girl.

but as i said that doesn't make your ***** any larger. and in my humble opinion if i was private messaging you about it that would be MORE ___.

some of us still have to pay for things ouselves sorry i can't drive down to my buddy's shop or my dad's shop and experiment with different setups. but i am going to uti in 1 week to learn. maybe you should go back back to school too(for manners).
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Old 08-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Banned
SL Member

but as i said that doesn't make your ***** any larger.
actually if you take this formula into consideration.. DT/1=1/VT then yes.. my ***** is bigger than yours..

oh and.. when you get ready to buy better tires than the 512's please PM me, i've tried dozens of different setups and the 512's were by far the worst handling tire i've ever owned, even worse than nankangs..

oh and.. we're having autocross at moroso on sept 2.. i expect you there to "kick my A SS"
Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've set up a tC that worked out OK, but still nothing in comparison to my car hehe.. i guess 2100 lbs > piggy
Geeeeee thanks... I'm assuming you're talkin about my tC??? You weren't complaining about the handling right after all the work you did on it.

Quick Reply: corner balanced ya!