Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

corner balanced ya!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

its funyn how people come into a thread and claim to be better than everyone else.
Tamago, I will not argue your skills, but to say no tC has ever beat you is a pointless point. Unless you have raced every tC in the world, you have ZERO clue that you xA can out handle them. NO one in the world can claim to be the best at anything, unless they have raced everyone.

I autocross my ride as well, and I do decent all the time. So you have no clue as to my skills and if you are better than me or not. I have no clue if I am better than you either. Point is, it doesnt matter. So to come in here bashing tCs and saying they arent good autocross cars, is pointless. No one wants to hear it.

And define properly raced tC. There are a few track built open wheel racing tCs out there. And there are a ton of tCs that are autocrossed.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

how the hell can you have an open wheel tc? do you cut the fenders off?

wow this thread is getting more and more full of bullisht

i never said i was the best.. did i? where are you butthurt lil boys getting that from?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by froubaby
Originally Posted by Tamago
i've set up a tC that worked out OK, but still nothing in comparison to my car hehe.. i guess 2100 lbs > piggy
Geeeeee thanks... I'm assuming you're talkin about my tC??? You weren't complaining about the handling right after all the work you did on it.
which car would you rather take on an autocross course? yours or mine?

i rest my case..
Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by froubaby
i've set up a tC that worked out OK, but still nothing in comparison to my car hehe.. i guess 2100 lbs > piggy
Geeeeee thanks... I'm assuming you're talkin about my tC??? You weren't complaining about the handling right after all the work you did on it.
which car would you rather take on an autocross course? yours or mine?

i rest my case..
LOL... alright fine... you make a good point. I would rather drive yours AT THE MOMENT, but once I fix the alignment and get wheels I think I'll be content driving the tC at AutoX.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:53 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

how the hell can you have an open wheel tc? do you cut the fenders off?

wow this thread is getting more and more full of bullisht

i never said i was the best.. did i? where are you butthurt lil boys getting that from?
Ok, I mistyped, i meant wheel to wheel. Dont know why i typed open wheel.
Funny how you have no response to the other comments.

And yes there are purpose built tCs out there.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...n+wheel+racing
Old 08-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned
SL Member

what other comments? i do not think i am the best and am intelligent enough to understand what you're saying.. but the numbers don't lie.. the mere fact that the SCCA quickly yanked the tC out of Gstock and put it in Hstock after one season shows.. it's a bottom of the barrel racer, same as my car. like i said before, i really want to see an FSP prepared tC.. we have a couple here on race tires... just waiting to see.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:58 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i guess i just need to see an actually experienced driver behind the wheel of a tC, cuz none has beat me yet..
And I looked, your right, you didnt claim in words to be a better driver than all tC owners. But this quote above is pretty darn close to it. It is deffinetly implying it.
And if its not, I have a claim as well.

I guess I just need to see an actually experienced driver behind the wheel of a FERRARI, cuz none has beat me yet...
Old 08-15-2007, 03:00 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

what other comments? i do not think i am the best and am intelligent enough to understand what you're saying.. but the numbers don't lie.. the mere fact that the SCCA quickly yanked the tC out of Gstock and put it in Hstock after one season shows.. it's a bottom of the barrel racer, same as my car. like i said before, i really want to see an FSP prepared tC.. we have a couple here on race tires... just waiting to see.
No one in here is talking about a stock tC tho. All of them are modified, so the stock class point is useless, besides you trying to put the car down. Why put a car down, except to make you feel better.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I would rather drive my tC anyday than your xA. Why? Because I enjoy autoxing what I have, since that is the car that I am working on. I am not some little kid trying to compensate for something that runs home crying and quits just because I dont have the better car on the track. Autox is not a fame and glamour, make a million bux a year (or even one dollar a year for that matter) sport. I see guys out there that are competing against cars twice as quick as thiers in cars you would never expect to do well on the track. If you have to come out and prove yourself and your car on the forums, you obviously are lacking somewhere. I have beat cars that should have been beating me plenty of times, but I dont go running over talking smack or running to the forums so I can sit behind my keyboard and trash talk thier car. Sure, there is plenty of good natured smack talk out there on the pavement, and it is taken in good fun. But I can speak for our club at least when I say if you did that here, there are plenty of drivers that would let you take your pick of cars and stomp you in whatever you were driving. I have seen guys in bulky, heavy VW's kick some serious **** and I have seen guys in lotus elise's come in dead last. And no one bashes any of them no matter what. As a matter of fact, you are the first person with such a kids attitude about the sport I have come across. We have people on the forums autoxing the tC on all sorts of levels from stock, to mildly modded to fully prepped, foam filled chasis/kevlar roof/stripped down/100% custom suspension etc cars. And if you think that is bs, just search... that car is about 2 years old and has already changed hands from what I know. And every one of those people, regardless of thier setup enjoys autoxing it, win or lose.

And I fail to see how me answering your question about whether someone has corner balanced a tc in any way equates to you running over and being a troll and acting like you are better than everyone else. Again, you just felt some weird need to hype yourself up I guess.

guess what???? I bet a few of us have even been working on cars longer than you in your infinite 26 years of life and i am sure plenty have been driving longer than you and racing longer than you. So, while I would always be more than interested to hear what you have done to your car and how well it performs on a normal basis, you dont impress me one bit with your cocky attitude. You are nothing out of the ordinary any more than I or anyone else here is other than your need to go bash on people for no reason.

I dont dislike your car, I dont even know you so I cant say I dislike you really.. it is your attitude that ruins it for you.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said before, i really want to see an FSP prepared tC.. we have a couple here on race tires... just waiting to see.
Danny's out there, but he doesn't have a complete setup. I'll be out there next month (can't make it this Sunday) so we'll have to see how it runs. I'm sure you'll want to take a run in the tC too.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Perfect display of the LOVE in Scionlife
Old 08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

panda driver has obviously lost his mind to call himself intelligent.
Posted: 8/14/07 9:10PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i guess because i have never been on a track i can't drive well. the ignorance from this panda driver keeps getting more insulting bring your xa to orlando and i will race you on straights or curves or on the roofs of houses or wherever you want and you may whip me like a school girl.

but as i said that doesn't make your ***** any larger
i have never said i would beat you in any kind of race. because i have never seen you race. but you on the other hand have obviously raced everyone on the planet and know exactly how you compare to everyone with your amazing inner knowledge. and i never said my ***** is bigger than yours but the fact that you are a ***** leads me to believe your correct on that.

drifting came from the mountain roads and not from the track.

i have not driven my car around some cones with someone timing me but i don't think anyone on here is following when i drive. so i don't see how anyone can say i wasted my money on a cornerbalace because. as i said it helped my car feel more nuetral and i have fun. believe me when i say i push my car just as hard as any of you on a track 10 straight hours of driving 2 days a week and 49000 miles in 1.5 years should let people know how much i love to drive.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Way too much **** talk around here.... WTF
Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and to everyone i wasn't trying to say that my cornerbalance would help me on the 1\4. i was just saying i'm going because i have had to put it off for so long now. it was just a run together thought. but that should be tonight and i will post some #s in a different thread.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The specs on the tC are not very different from the specs of the new car to have in HS the Mazda 3. In fact the latest SportsCar magaizne is predicting Jack Burns a Mazda 3 driver to be the out right winner in HS this year at the Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals. I raced Jack earlier this year and finished .109 seconds back in 2nd place just behind Jack. I was running the stock alignment, stock shocks, and on heat cycled out v710s. So you are right, the numbers don't lie.

Don't be so quick to beat up on the tC or your car for that matter. I've autoxed an xA with v710s and found it to be great car, but I haven't talked talked to anybody that has tried to really prep one for HS. Which is good because I don't think it is the car to have in HS, the Mini does a better job at the lightweight/low horsepower equation.

Now your car in FSP or what ever class you race in, sounds really interesting. I would love to see it run. It sounds like you've gone out of the way to build a great car.

Why don't you load up your FSP beast and join me at Nationals this year? We can show them that Scions are not bottom of the barrel racers.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Back on subject:

Thanks for 2redgerm6 for the info on the conerweighting. You really should get out and slap a few orange cones around now that you are getting your car dialed in.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i want to fight, too! tamago smells like a rotting glass of mayo...
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

[quote=Nick06tC]
Originally Posted by "Tamago"

[b
I guess I just need to see an actually experienced driver behind the wheel of a FERRARI, cuz none has beat me yet...[/b]
this stands true as well, as well as a Dodge Viper driver too..
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion_South
The specs on the tC are not very different from the specs of the new car to have in HS the Mazda 3. In fact the latest SportsCar magaizne is predicting Jack Burns a Mazda 3 driver to be the out right winner in HS this year at the Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals. I raced Jack earlier this year and finished .109 seconds back in 2nd place just behind Jack. I was running the stock alignment, stock shocks, and on heat cycled out v710s. So you are right, the numbers don't lie.

Don't be so quick to beat up on the tC or your car for that matter. I've autoxed an xA with v710s and found it to be great car, but I haven't talked talked to anybody that has tried to really prep one for HS. Which is good because I don't think it is the car to have in HS, the Mini does a better job at the lightweight/low horsepower equation.

Now your car in FSP or what ever class you race in, sounds really interesting. I would love to see it run. It sounds like you've gone out of the way to build a great car.

Why don't you load up your FSP beast and join me at Nationals this year? We can show them that Scions are not bottom of the barrel racers.
thank you, for an informative post..

i am curious as well how an Hstock xA would handle (front swaybar, V710's, catback) but i never actually got to try as i'd already modified my car by the time i took it out to hit cones. as far as FSP goes, yeah there are much faster cars out there (ITC prepped 510's for example, as well as subaru wagons)..

and to all of you complaining that i'm not retorting you... well i'm at work now so i really don't have the time
Old 08-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2redgerm6
panda driver has obviously lost his mind to call himself intelligent.
Posted: 8/14/07 9:10PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i guess because i have never been on a track i can't drive well. the ignorance from this panda driver keeps getting more insulting bring your xa to orlando and i will race you on straights or curves or on the roofs of houses or wherever you want and you may whip me like a school girl.

but as i said that doesn't make your ***** any larger
i have never said i would beat you in any kind of race. because i have never seen you race. but you on the other hand have obviously raced everyone on the planet and know exactly how you compare to everyone with your amazing inner knowledge. and i never said my ***** is bigger than yours but the fact that you are a ***** leads me to believe your correct on that.

drifting came from the mountain roads and not from the track.

i have not driven my car around some cones with someone timing me but i don't think anyone on here is following when i drive. so i don't see how anyone can say i wasted my money on a cornerbalace because. as i said it helped my car feel more nuetral and i have fun. believe me when i say i push my car just as hard as any of you on a track 10 straight hours of driving 2 days a week and 49000 miles in 1.5 years should let people know how much i love to drive.
lol you quoted yourself to prove a point?

wow that's talent.

Quick Reply: corner balanced ya!