Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

creaking noise when braking??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default creaking noise when braking??

i been getting this creaking noise when i brake, and it gets louder as speed decreases, it sounds like a old wooden boat?! the sound has been progressing and getting louder been happening for at least a year but its getting really loud and quiet embarrassing. i know ppl been complaining about their suspension making noise clunking when hitting bumps and going up drive ways kinda sounds like that noise but when i brake which is wierd so i kinda suspected rear pads so i decided to purchase a set and will change them.

im lowered on stech/tokico hp, have hotckis camber kit, trd sway.

i have 80,000 miles on the car never changed the rear pads but they look ok and rotors arent showing any signs of wear or warping.

this Saturday when i change my rear pads i will inspect the suspension and tighten all the bolts and what not.

just want to know if any one else experienced this also and if they found a fix to this, so i they can tell me and i dont have to play a guessing game.

thanks SL!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hear this too. Ive read that it may be the brake light sensor clicking. I'd love to find out how to fix it.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had the same exact problem as you. i bought my car used with 75k miles and the brakes were making lots of noise and i had to really press down on them. i checked out the pads and drum with my friend and my dad....it didnt look bad at all. we still switched out the rear pads, put lube on all the pads, and thought the problem was over.

its not as bad as before, but sometimes the brakes make no noise, other times the noise is unbearable

lemme know if yours get fixed though
Old 03-13-2010, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yea i just had this problem, i had to change the pads and rotors on the front and rear and it stopped, even though the pads and rotors i had on looked pretty new