Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Cusco ZERO1 Coilover (Introduction)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cusco ZERO1 Coilover (Introduction)

We've been trying to focus on various things for the site (http://www.night-import.com) and one of them is to introduce aftermarket companies in California.
Yesterday, I stopped by the well-known Japan Aftermarket Company, Cusco.
I will be covering most of the companies history and future plans in our Special Coverage, but I'm posting up this thread to introduce you guys to Cusco's own suspension set for the Scion tC.

During my visit, staff Steve Enomoto and Cusco USA Pres. Kenji Inoue showed me the only one in the world, Cusco ZERO1 Coilover set for the Scion tC.

This set was not 'publicly' introduced yet, but currently in production.

I can't write too much about the product regarding its comfortability, etc., but I'm sure most of you guys know their products are fully tested, R&D'd, and produced in-house.

Here are the specs regarding the ZERO1 Coilover for the tC.
ZERO1 Suspension
Part number 920 60E CE
MSRP: $2240
-Full length height adjustability
-Optimized pre set damping force
-Rear 8 step adjustable damping force
-Twin tube shock absorber
-Alternative spring rate option
-Pillowball upper mounts (front)
-High performance shock absorber
-Noise reduction rubber seat
-Lock nut & lower seat
-Threaded outer case
-Exclusive design bump rubber
-CUSCO coil spring
-Fully adjustable lock nut
-Rubber seat, dust boot
-Specially coated shock absorber casing
Old 05-06-2011, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only one for tc? Correct me if I'm wrong but they been out for sometime now.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by petchara
Only one for tc? Correct me if I'm wrong but they been out for sometime now.
maybe it was out before, but as of today, the one shown is the only one left in the world
Old 05-06-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they look nice! will you be running a set on your car? you were just on those c8sports a few months ago!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would love these, but man that price is STEEP.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CleanFMtC
they look nice! will you be running a set on your car? you were just on those c8sports a few months ago!
nope! just introducing it to the tC community
Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
Would love these, but man that price is STEEP.
They sure are expensive, but they are definitely worth it. When you get a coilover that was actually made by a real company in japan, you can hold it in your hand and tell that it's A LOT better than a tawainese made coilover. You can seriously feel the difference just by holding the two. I feel that it's worth it to drop a pretty penny because you truly get what you paid for.

@Night87: sounds good. If I was still on the market for suspension I'd definitely look into these.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They sure are expensive, but they are definitely worth it. When you get a coilover that was actually made by a real company in japan, you can hold it in your hand and tell that it's A LOT better than a tawainese made coilover. You can seriously feel the difference just by holding the two. I feel that it's worth it to drop a pretty penny because you truly get what you paid for.
I'm glad that someone knows about what real quality products are
Thumbs up!
Hope there were more people like you in the automotive community so that we can support the major Japan aftermarket companies in the US
Old 05-06-2011, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about supporting US companies? ;)

ANYHOW, these look killer. I would cop a set in a second if they weren't 2k. Thats a bit rich for my blood
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@Night87: sounds good. If I was still on the market for suspension I'd definitely look into these.
I agree to a point, just because it's made in Japan does not mean its amazing. Quality depends on the company and the materials they use, not where its made. And my function and form type II's are great.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like to also add that, Cusco is probably offers some of the best suspension products on the market, but not for our car.

Cars such as Sti, Evos, S2k, etc have been tested and researched extensively in the rally, drift, time attack, Super Gt scenes, so those have been proven time and time again.

However, since Cusco is a japanese companies I don't feel that our car was R&D nearly as much as the other cars for Cusco to offer customers the optimized performance for that price, but it would be great for them show the this community about their R&D on this car.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Irishguy0224
How about supporting US companies? ;)

ANYHOW, these look killer. I would cop a set in a second if they weren't 2k. Thats a bit rich for my blood
Although Cusco originated in Japan, Cusco USA will develop their products here in the US, so it is technically a US department now.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree to a point, just because it's made in Japan does not mean its amazing. Quality depends on the company and the materials they use, not where its made. And my function and form type II's are great.
Didn't mean it like that, that's why I said a real Japanese company, majority of the companies in japan make high quality products. And not to bash on function and form, but I have had first hand experience with them and they were not even close to having the quality of my current coilovers. Let's just say regular daily driving resulted in a broken coilover, the upper mount broke off the coilover...
Old 05-06-2011, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cusco are like HKS AND GREDDY Top of the line when it comes to automotive aftermarket products. Not to put a damper on this setup and Cusco for showing us support but only people who are real enthusiast and actually track their cars purchase Cusco products. I think they can sell but in this community and with the economy being horrid it will be very slow sales. Good Luck Cusco

Last edited by GUNNIST14; 05-06-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Night87 I'm the guy that asked if PasswordJDM would ever R&D more aero parts for the TC. I just thought I would throw it out again since you have access to a company like Cusco.
Just inquire if Cusco would ever prototype or R&D some aero or chassis stiffening parts for the TC. I know this a coilover thread but I think R&D for aero and chassis will be less expensive for them compared to producing a coilover kit. Heck even the TC2 since it's new.
Thanks man by the way are you a sales rep cause you have access to all these great companies?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GUNNIST14
Night87 I'm the guy that asked if PasswordJDM would ever R&D more aero parts for the TC. I just thought I would throw it out again since you have access to a company like Cusco.
Just inquire if Cusco would ever prototype or R&D some aero or chassis stiffening parts for the TC. I know this a coilover thread but I think R&D for aero and chassis will be less expensive for them compared to producing a coilover kit. Heck even the TC2 since it's new.
Thanks man by the way are you a sales rep cause you have access to all these great companies?
Most of the R&D will be happening in the US now because the actual Cusco branched out to USA. I'm not talking about only being a distributor. I didn't post up our Special Coverage yet, but Cusco has a warehouse and an office with staffs who will be working on manufacturing, R&D future products for any cars in the market today and this specific to the US Automotive Market.
Scion tC's is one brand they wanted to focus on their marketing because it is a popular car and we all can't deny that. During my discussion with the Cusco USA President and staff Steve Enomoto, we were talking about the production of Cusco Roll Cages for the Scion tC and this will have to be done in Japan. Other parts, such as the Sway Bars, Power Brace, Lower Arm Bar, etc. was not discussed but I'm sure they are more willing to produce those items as long as the tC community will buy them instead of going with knock-off brands, etc.
Hope my response answered your question and because I own a site (http://www.night-import.com) and our theme for a few months is to interview major Japan Aftermarket Companies, I was able to contact Cusco
Old 05-06-2011, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll be watching this...
Old 05-07-2011, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are these not a monotube pre-loaded spring design?
Old 05-07-2011, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't mean it like that, that's why I said a real Japanese company, majority of the companies in japan make high quality products. And not to bash on function and form, but I have had first hand experience with them and they were not even close to having the quality of my current coilovers. Let's just say regular daily driving resulted in a broken coilover, the upper mount broke off the coilover...
When making this claim, you should tell us which "current coilover" you have. I've had no problems with them, plus great customer service. And the ride has been fine, even over some awful roads.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When making this claim, you should tell us which "current coilover" you have. I've had no problems with them, plus great customer service. And the ride has been fine, even over some awful roads.
i'm going to jump into this conversation because I also had F&F's before. Currently, I'm on c8sport, which is my current sponsor for suspension.
So if I'm correct, it seems like you're saying that even Made by Taiwan or China coilovers can compete against Made in Japan coilovers. Although you're not saying this directly, I can pretty much see where you're taking this.
Here is what I personally think about coilovers that are fully tested, R&D, compared to other type of coilovers that aren't.
Let's talk about Function and Form because you are currently on them and I'm in no way making bad comments on the company because like you, they did last a long time for me as well.
How many cars out there, and I'm talking about cars in automotive sports such as drifting, gymkhana, time attack, etc., sponsored by Function & Form? Did the company show any evidence of testing? The only thing listed for the majority of companies are specs, which really doesn't show anything at all.
IF the company can show any evidence of testing and the process of how it's made, that's what makes the company attractable and of course, the name as well. 'Function & Form', the name is pretty dam appealing right? But does it really work in both ways?
I'm also going to write about JIC USA's coilover, but you'll see why Japan products or products that 'show', are far more outstanding compared to others. I've seen and heard it from top people in the automotive industry.

Quick Reply: Cusco ZERO1 Coilover (Introduction)