Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Dan Gardner Custom Sway Bar is now available thru Dezod Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 AM

pictures and reviews people!!! let us see it lol
Old 05-07-2010, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mkhusal91
pictures and reviews people!!! let us see it lol
there is alot pictures on page 22.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I will run two autox events with them this weekend, so I can tell you more then. Running a test n tune (probably about 30 + runs with time to play around with them in between) next weekend as well.

I have taken them out to some places where I could play around a bit, and on the middle setting the car feels a lot more balanced. Even putting the car into a tight, slow turn and keeping on the throttle, where it would normally understeer, it really tried to keep rotating. So that is a great sign. I can say that the feel so far tells me that you will pay for not being smooth during multiple transitions (Aka, the tail would get away from you), but that is part of making a car rotate more I imagine that on the softest setting it would be very managable though. Based on the middle setting, I would not run the stiffest setting on the street at all. Even if you autox or track the car and really are ready for it, there would be no need on the street and it just risks putting you into a bad situation if something really goes wrong.

As Paul stated, these are poly bushings. If you lube them well, you should be able to get rid of most squeaking. However, there will be some creaking now and then. Cool mornings, or when you are just backing the car up easy and stop, will make these come out. During most driving you should be fine if you keep them lubed. You will also probably need to lube them every so often to deal with this.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I installed the bar and I tightened down the bushing brackets pretty good but I was just wondering if it would affect the performance of the sway bar if they were overtightened? Like maybe it's too tight to allow the bar to move?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MSG_tC
Well I installed the bar and I tightened down the bushing brackets pretty good but I was just wondering if it would affect the performance of the sway bar if they were overtightened? Like maybe it's too tight to allow the bar to move?
Nah...thats what the grease is for, the one that was provided, hope you used it.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The bracket can only get so tight on the bushing. So you wont tighten it to the point where it wont move.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, after only 8 hours of sleep for the past 48+ hours, I decided to skip the sleep and go ahead and install this. Absolutely love it. Definitely notice the difference between the really sloppy stock sway to this stiff bar. Medium setting feels perfect especially for my moderate turning aggressiveness.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have it on medium but i think imma place it down to the lowest setting... as much as I love going fast on the corners, my back ends feels like it's coming out way too much on ramps.. + the fact that my tires are going bald doesn't help too much =P
Old 05-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Jtc
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Exactly why I have mine on the lowest setting right now The bar is still nice though
Old 05-10-2010, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love my sway bar, its on the Medium setting and its perfect
Old 05-10-2010, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
I will run two autox events with them this weekend, so I can tell you more then. Running a test n tune (probably about 30 + runs with time to play around with them in between) next weekend as well.
Any updates on this, how did it do? I'm dying to get a legit auto-x review about it haha.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Loved it so far. Our whole ST Class tends to run faster (in comparison to all other classes) each year, so that continued this weekend, but I was much more in contention with people that normally are a bit more ahead of me this weekend. A lot of comments about me getting faster and faster. I can comfortably claim some of that as just experience and seat time, but I really felt that the car rotated much better. I think I am going to put it on the stiff setting for next weeks test n tune and adjust my driving style to suit that. Will still back it down to the middle for daily driving. The car definitely will rotate more.

The 8 cone slalom in the back stretch was a non-event really. Smooth, fast and little steering input. Seemed like it was easier to prevent upsetting the balance than before due to less roll, as long as you dont make sudden lifts or braking maneuvers and dumb times

Great 2 events all around too!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've looked at the stop washer interference issue brought up by eng. Although this is not perfect, we see no binding whatsoever. On a very old prototype bar, I see a minor amount of grinding in that area, where the stop was cut down just due to natural use. Don't think it's a big deal, but good eye to point it out.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, I dont think there will be any real issue from it. I didnt see any signs of binding.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Installed this by myself and the difference is absolutely amazing. Only problem I'm having is the bar seems a bit noisey mainly after sitting still for a day and while backing out of the driveway. Yes, I've used the grease (forgot the first time) and everything is tightened. When I hit major bumps in the road I can hear it hit against something. Yes, I know this is a pretty big bar so its going to take up more room than other sways and may hit agansts things but now I'm kind of scared of ruining something under my car. I used a car jack and stands when installing but now people are suggesting using ramps so the bar can be adjusted as it would be when sitting on the ground. Makes sense but I'd hate to have to climb under that car yet again.

But even with the small issues I would totally recommend this bar to anyone. I went from stock to the softest setting. I've never drove a car with an aftermarket sway but now I can't believe I drove my car this long without one!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha yea its a lovely part to have. i drove up to the mountains tonight and a couple nights ago to test it out and if anyone could be in the passenger seat you would swear my car was an awd vehicle. i didnt hear any squeeling or anything, i took the turn so hard and fast that it scared the ish out of me.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCvirus
Installed this by myself and the difference is absolutely amazing. Only problem I'm having is the bar seems a bit noisey mainly after sitting still for a day and while backing out of the driveway. Yes, I've used the grease (forgot the first time) and everything is tightened. When I hit major bumps in the road I can hear it hit against something. Yes, I know this is a pretty big bar so its going to take up more room than other sways and may hit agansts things but now I'm kind of scared of ruining something under my car. I used a car jack and stands when installing but now people are suggesting using ramps so the bar can be adjusted as it would be when sitting on the ground. Makes sense but I'd hate to have to climb under that car yet again.

But even with the small issues I would totally recommend this bar to anyone. I went from stock to the softest setting. I've never drove a car with an aftermarket sway but now I can't believe I drove my car this long without one!
sounds like the bar could be sitting on the lower control arm. make sure that your bar is not in contact with anything and if you're using this bar on the softest setting... you'll basically need to extend the adjustable endlinks all the way out.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or make sure the endlinks are on the outside and not the inside like another user recently did with another rear sway bar, just in case, but not saying you did that
Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tokenride86
or make sure the endlinks are on the outside and not the inside like another user recently did with another rear sway bar, just in case, but not saying you did that
Oh yes indeed.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many are left Paul?

Quick Reply: Dan Gardner Custom Sway Bar is now available thru Dezod Motorsports