Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Dealership troubles weird noise after crash

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default Dealership troubles weird noise after crash

So I got in a crash about two months and two weeks ago ...and I got my car back about two weeks ago from the dealership which was Harbor Chevrolet because we where having work done on our suburban so we thought we would just drop off the whole crew really. So they say everything is fixed and everything is good to go so I believe them...except for the fact they "missed" the fact the side panels had scratches all over them (they are replacing them). I drive it around for about a week and start to notice that my breaks make a weird noise when I apply them lightly....I am not sure how to describe the sound...It sounds like if you where to have a flat tire a weird thump thump thump sound that seems to go in sequence only when the brakes are applied lightly. The dealership says that it is a light rumble and that I shouldn't even worry about it but that is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard....any ideas guys? Also when I almost stop to a complete stop with the breaks on it makes a really long squeek sound as if it where my spring or something...this is all happening on my rear left wheel.

(sorry for the mouthful when really aggravated I tend to blabber a lot I hope it isn't too belligerent)

Old 06-27-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bring it back to them and tell them i was not doing it before and now it is so fix it. It would be a shame if your breaks were to fail and drive into the show room because they broke the breaks.