Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Easystreet tC Air Ride kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SqTc07
i was thinking about 2 2 gallon or the pankcake tank and put it in the rear quarter's. i still have a spare and a full custom trunk and i dont want to loose the spare tire. just curious if you guys might have any ideas or tips for me. esp since u guys have the kits already.
and the other thing, are any of these kits digital/ is anyone running a digital kit?
It is a digital setup. It was an easy wire hook up. All it was, was one power cable two ground wires and a remote wire and I have that all in my trunk for my amplifier. It has just one cable running to the front which is for the remote to control the bags. I am able to control each bag individually and also it has three presets. One to fully deflate the bags, fully inflate and my own custom preset. You would want to put it where the spare tire is don't put it in the quarter panel. Are you one of the three people to get the kit. Or did you plan on purchasing the setup???
Old 08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member

i plan on purchasing the setup when it's available. im just trying to avoid having to loose my spare and having to redesign my whole trunk setup.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dsil06tc, did you hook the controller up to a 12v constant or accessory lead? I think it requires a 12v accessory lead in order to maintain the warranty. May want to double check that.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ogerdgonz
dsil06tc, did you hook the controller up to a 12v constant or accessory lead? I think it requires a 12v accessory lead in order to maintain the warranty. May want to double check that.
I hooked it up to a 4 gauge power wire that i had my subs hooked up too. obviously i cannot fit my subs in their now. i talked to brian the engineer over at air lift and he said its not a problem. he never stated anything about voiding any warranty though. so i am not sure who told you that. by the way the air suspension kit is ____ing sweet. thats all i gotta say.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So does anyone know if there will be special pricing on this kit when it is released for SL.com users? I would love to get this kit soon so I have it for next years show season but need a definite price so I can start saving money.
Thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

X2
Old 08-13-2009, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dsil06tc my information comes from the instruction manual, Brian designed the suspension not the air management system. If you are interested in more info as it becomes available pm me your email.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not too concerned, everything is working fine. It by far has the best handling in any car i have driven in.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

interesting.... about the tank, luckily i dont have a back seat so i would just put the tank where the back seat is and make a rear seat delete to hide it.

any pics of how people have theirs installed? also whens the release date for this and pricing?

also what about camber adjustments and dampening controls? will we be able to control how stiff the ride is and how soft it is? ie if im driving on the highway to work and back i can set it to soft but if i decide i want to take the windy back roads and want to tighten the car up i'll be able to.... from inside the car?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
interesting.... about the tank, luckily i dont have a back seat so i would just put the tank where the back seat is and make a rear seat delete to hide it.

any pics of how people have theirs installed? also whens the release date for this and pricing?

also what about camber adjustments and dampening controls? will we be able to control how stiff the ride is and how soft it is? ie if im driving on the highway to work and back i can set it to soft but if i decide i want to take the windy back roads and want to tighten the car up i'll be able to.... from inside the car?
sorry to call you a d bag on the other thread, i was just proving a point. But anyways, I just have my tanks compressor and valves sitting in the trunk. they do not have a release date yet, id assume end of this year or beginning of next year. Id assume it would be around the same price as the Xb around $3000-$4000 for the complete kit.

I plan on getting a custom made box so I could fit my subs in their. You can adjust the camber on the front struts only. their is a **** on the strut to either have a stiffer ride or softer ride. You cannot adjust it from inside the car though.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

so theres no "edfc" version for this set up? damn

is there a difference you can feel between the softest setting and the hardest?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
so theres no "edfc" version for this set up? damn

is there a difference you can feel between the softest setting and the hardest?
I have no clue what I have it set too.I have not adjusted it since i installed it. I dont know if i have it set to soft or stiff. at air lift they said to set it to the stiffer setting since the roads in cleveleand are horrific, filled with potholes and uneven roads.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey gang!

I got word from Brian at AirLift yesterday that the tC kit will be shipping around mid-September so get your orders in NOW!!!

And, as far as pricing the ball park figures are:
analog kit - about $2900
digital kit (what I have) - about $3200

Not bad when you consider the ride!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

darn, was hoping for a lower price range. Any chance for a group buy or promotional price?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch looks like I'll be running springs for some time before getting this, because my turbo is going to be my 1st 3k+ buy for the tc
Old 08-28-2009, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know of 6 kits available right now from the only place you can get this kit right now. The price listed above is not correct, Brian is the engineer not the sales person.

Last edited by Tomas; 10-08-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: rmv'd $
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like be Friday first kit will be sold...... who wants to be second?

Test car owners post up more photos and feedback please. Make your fellow tC owners jealous.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

omg that dust shield is huge! my wheels will definitely come into contact with that..
Old 09-05-2009, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkTC
omg that dust shield is huge! my wheels will definitely come into contact with that..
Space the wheels out or sell them and get different ones. The ride is that good with this kit that you will not regret either option.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wondering what the opinion on this is now that it is available?

Quick Reply: Easystreet tC Air Ride kit