Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Endless USA 4 Piston Big Brake Kit !! PICS 56k TOO BAD!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Wow - this has turned into the most assinine thread.

Should be locked.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no it shouldnt, everything being discussed is related and informational
Old 01-24-2006, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey endless4life, maybe you can actually provide me with a direct answer to my question.

are the calipers and brake pads bigger than the stock ones? what are the measurements. how much bigger than stock.

I know you have this information available. Please answer. I have answered many many times and my question has still not been answered.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey endless4life, maybe you can actually provide me with a direct answer to my question.

are the calipers and brake pads bigger than the stock ones? what are the measurements. how much bigger than stock.

I know you have this information available. Please answer. I have answered many many times and my question has still not been answered.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know that there are 2 posts of the same thing. i apologize to the mods but i would really like my question answered in a direct manner and it seems that in order for my question to be answered it needed more exposure.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

the rotors are the same as stock

the calipers are a 4 piston so its bigger than stock
Old 01-24-2006, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
the rotors are the same as stock

the calipers are a 4 piston so its bigger than stock
im glad we soo established many times over that the rotor is stock. I was curious about the calipers and the actual pad that goes in. So how much "bigger is it than stock. Im curious about the surface area that actually makes contact with the rotor.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if u know that there are two posts, instead of aplogizing to the mods how bout u just deleate the extra post. In all u could have had just one post instead of three because u decided to apologize.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

could you run the calipers on the stock rotors? what kind of mods if any did you have to make to mount the calipers? any other color then the blue? i remeber what you posted (stoptech guy) about the benifits of a BBK, and that i realize i would not really benifit......
so i would be intrested to know the answers about the calipers, if not........ST stage2 here i come........
Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sensay
if u know that there are two posts, instead of aplogizing to the mods how bout u just deleate the extra post. In all u could have had just one post instead of three because u decided to apologize.
im post whoring.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kilo6_one
could you run the calipers on the stock rotors? what kind of mods if any did you have to make to mount the calipers? any other color then the blue? i remeber what you posted (stoptech guy) about the benifits of a BBK, and that i realize i would not really benifit......
so i would be intrested to know the answers about the calipers, if not........ST stage2 here i come........
you and me both and probably many many others. I am starting to seriously doubt that there is anything different except the obvious. As time goes on, i am starting to think that the calipers might be slightly bigger and the pads might, just might be slightly bigger. All in all not able to justify the price for the "slight amount of bigger size".
Old 01-24-2006, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bubblemyster
Originally Posted by sensay
im post whoring.
oh... in that case good work!
tryin to keep ur lil post bar up, nice
Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

lol this thread went off a bit

Someone did buy just the caliper kit and used it on stock rotors

But weighing the stock rotors and the endless rotors, the weight difference is obvious
Old 01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you seen the stock brake pads? They're miniscule. I don't think this kit is worth the money if it costs more than Stoptech's BBK but they'll definitely be an improvement.

The greater contact area between the pad and the caliper will allow for better braking performance in high stress braking situations and the performance pads will make for shorter braking. There is an improvement. Again, I don't think it's worth it but it'd definitely doing something for the money.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, this brake system is almost double the cost of the Stoptech Kit. If Endless were to spend money on testing here in the states then I would be privy to a lot of that data. Unfortunately, Endless being a Japanese company and them not having a tC, hence my involvement in getting this kit made, makes it difficult for me to acquire quantitative data for you. This however will come in time if one of our sponsees would be kind enough to provide that to us.

Taek got the street pads and there can't be anyway that the pedal feel on these brakes is the same as stock.

All I can say is the proof is in the pudding. I emplore the Stoptech gentlemen to drive any of the Endless vehicles before taking opinions that look good on paper.

They are amazing brakes. I've used Stoptechs, they are an incredible value for a brake system hands down.
I'm also saying that there's a reason the Endless brakes are so revered and so acclaimed in Motorsports in Japan as well. Due to the costs, only a small few will ever get to use them and understand.

It would be great if you guys could test these brakes prior to making any hasty conclusions. Obviously let the pads bed and then feel the difference.

Rotors are stock diameter

Calipers have a staggered piston diameter to retain better than stock pedal feel.

Also have staggered piston arrangement for even pad wear.

The lead will increase the weight of the rotor but does have properties which justify its use. I do have technical data on this, just have to find it.

Best thing to do is give Taek a couple days to use the brakes and then post a review on how they feel. I know how mine felt on several of my personal vehicles and was incredibly satisfied.

Like I said the Proof is in the pudding. Hopefully Taek has a couple of tC buddies down in socal that he would mind letting "brake" his car. hehe. Then we can get an unbiased opinion.

There's definitely advantages of our System Kit over the other Big Brake Kits. I'll let the owners of the systems speak about them.

The calipers are different than stock naturally, these are four piston. The pad is also larger than stock. Taek has the physical kit so i cannot take photos and measuerments of that for you.

Frankly, the guys who want Endless brakes for their tC can get them now. Those guys who want it already know about it and will stop at nothing to get them. It's like a Cult Following. lolz.

Please feel free to send me an email sales@autornd.com regarding any technical questions and I can forward them to Endless USA who likely has the data in their books.

THanks, Rishie
Old 01-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i will have a few people test out my car to feel the difference
Old 01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome, thanks bro.

rishie
Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lemme drive taek's and instigator's car for an unbiased opinion.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shinkuu
lemme drive taek's and instigator's car for an unbiased opinion.
i would like that too.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

lol everybody would

only i will choose

Quick Reply: Endless USA 4 Piston Big Brake Kit !! PICS 56k TOO BAD!!