Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

engine dampner and strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:54 AM

Default engine dampner and strut bar

about 6 months ago i sold my fully built jdm h22 prelude and bought a tc because i was tired of having a fast car that was only running half of the time so i bought a slow car that cant break for shyt and i wanted something i was gonna leave stock but i added tien basic dampners (exspensive) one moth after owning it and now i have the bug again now i have to build it. anyway i love the damn thing i love the people who back them and the car its self. I have one small problem with it.........as compared to my last car the damn thing cant take a turn to save its life...... ive lowerd it already now im planing on getting the dc strut tower bar but i also want the ingals engine dampner they both bolt up in the same place if anyone has encountered this problem please repost and tell me how u got past this problem or if there even is one
Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one tip for handling... you will see a bigger cornering performace with a sway bar set up like hotchkiss. More so than a prelude, I came from an ej1, dropped it and drove on rails... so that was great but remember we have a slightly different weight placement. So a bit more would be needed to flatten it out. Springs+Sways=Rails

as for the engine dampner cant answer it. I have been blown away by hearing stories about what works better with this than with civics. tower bars dont work as well at all on tc's as they do compared to prelude/civics....
Old 08-23-2007, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ingalls damper and dc strut bar work perfectly together
Old 08-23-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trd rear sway helps a lot in the turns....
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Motor Mounts > Damper

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...t=motor+mounts

http://www.speed-source.net/
Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a high quality compound tire will help your car handle better than any spring/shock/sway/strut bar combo out there. If you dont have traction all those goodies are useless.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by whitetrd
ingalls damper and dc strut bar work perfectly together
yes they work well together. mounts up with no problem. don't add a strut tower bar to your tc and expect a big difference in handling. you'll be luck if you notice anything out of it.

get either the trd rear sway or a set of hotchkis sways. i have the trd rear sway and hotchkis springs and i fly arounds corners. i love how the car handles with the springs and sway.

the ingalls damper is a good product by the way. i do like mine and recommend it. also another good cheap mod is a short throw shifter like the Creative Compacts of Megan shifter.

one more thing, the tc isn't any slower than a STOCK h22 prelude. the quarter mile and 0-60 times are very close. maybe a fully built prelude is a bit faster, but stock for stock it's very close.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a bit faster for a fully built H22 motor is an understatement. the JUN H22 prelude has about 244whp NA.

but yea, as far as handling goes i have the progress coilovers, sway bar, and endlinks and the car handles and rides alot better. dont have any complaints about my setup
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 AM

FIRST ID LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO REPOSTED THAT IS ACTUALLY WHAT I LOVE ABOUT SCIONS (the following of people behind them) second a fully built prelude is way dif than my tc i went 14.2 in the lude all motor on street tires(13.2 nitrus and drag raidials) to those of u that might not sound fast but im realistic. if any one knows thats a pretty decent car for a daily driver not to mention a 4 puck unsprung stage 4 clutch (the one thing i dont miss about that car). Ive come to find out that toyota world and honda world are different honda world the lower ur car most likely the better u took corners but im hearin in toyota world tc specifically a 1 inch drop is the best........i cant do that. i really wanna know if the hotchiks sways are really that good cause to me this car handles like a drunk fat chick on a dance floor. ive heard so many fake storys about tc,s...... like the supercharger suks im a mechanic (not a lube tech a mechanic) for a toyota dealer and one day a supercharged tc came in and i took it for a drive against my car and put six cars on my own car. that doesnt suk to me. so like i sed thanx for u guys repost and im not discrediting anyone but i like real realistic results someone tell me that this car can better than my lude..............please and if not i still fukin love my car
Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

personally, i think the stock supercharger is pretty darn decent. and it keeps you in spec for any warranty work with that regard.

If your having issues with the cornering of this car like i did the first thing you want to do. sway bars... Hotchkis seem to be the more performance driven. I'm using a TRD rear sway only and its tightened my ride up alot. After the sways, i really recommend trd springs to lower it about an inch or so.
If your looking to throw a little more money at it, consider coil overs instead. Low is a look, Performance is a purpose.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So...the Strut Studs can handle the Ingall's bracket & DC Sport Bar w/ no Loosening problems down the road???...
I too have the DC Sport Bar...Thinking of getting the Ingall's Dampner too!
Old 08-30-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
So...the Strut Studs can handle the Ingall's bracket & DC Sport Bar w/ no Loosening problems down the road???...
it will work fine. i've had both of mine installed for quite a while now. at least half a year.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tcguy85
Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
it will work fine. i've had both of mine installed for quite a while now. at least half a year.
okie....I know where to find ya ya then..if it doesnt work!!
Old 09-03-2007, 05:22 AM

if youre gonna do both the DC sports bar and the Ingalls ETD.. it might be a good idea to invest in some washers for the other side of the DC sports bar so both sides of the bar are even... I have the same set up on my tC.. tho I have gone ahead and got the speedsource poly mounts and kinda made the Ingalls useless
Old 09-03-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is plenty of thread

i used washers just like you suggested when i installed mine back in january.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tcguy85
there is plenty of thread

i used washers just like you suggested when i installed mine back in january.

which bar is that?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dc sport