Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

First Post: Just bought stagg struts (guinea pig?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default First Post: Just bought stagg struts (guinea pig?)

So I've been reading this forum for a while now and am grateful for how much knowledge gained from here. So after 90k(!!!!) on stock struts they are officially blown, all four going within about 2000 miles of each other. I'm a waiter and this is the slow season so I had to take cost into account so I opted to test these staggs out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAGG...Q5fAccessories
I figure this much; some one needs to test them out and worst comes to worse they suck and I change them this summer but still have the vogtland springs. Anyway I'm going to install them as soon as they come in and will review them asap on a variety of roads here in NE PA.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:41 AM
SL Member

DANG!!! leme know how they are!! im thinkin of picking these up too! and theyre local! woooT!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting.... For a bit more you could have just gotten ebay coils.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to put some miles on them before I reviewed. I'm at about 1000 miles on them as of now on ____ty PA roads. So I've had the stagg/vogtland kit installed for about 3 weeks. Let's just say that so far I'm pleasantly surprised. The stagg struts are high quality and extremely stiff with the vogtland springs. I noticed right away that the steering and responsiveness is much better. The install was easy and the parts fit perfectly. In total the install took about 6 hours using the DIY here on scionlife for the trd struts. Definitely recommend using power tools though because without them it would of been a ____ show. Brought it to a shop nearby for alignment and it was no problem, they simply shaved my camber bolts as the stock ones weren't really adjustable. Overall I highly recommend these, especially if you don't want to plop money on tokicos. My buddy drove my car and liked the ride better then his eclipse on tokicos. Highly recommend these for the price.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Spicy... I really didn't want coils because here in PA dropping too low is a deathwish. Vogtland drop seems to be perfect for mountain roads constantly harassed by weather and I haven't bottomed out once. Plus coils just ride like crap and I'd rather not shake and rattle my car apart.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

should give us another update now? how it's riding now?