Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Front Sway bar questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Front Sway bar questions.

Hello guys, long time no post. Well, I have a Hotchkis front and rear sway bars and strut bar. Well, It appears that on the front sway bar, the bar is very close to my gas line and looks like it rubbed against it once. Also looking under there it appears that to the left of the left bushing, it is resting on the A-arm (think thats what its called).

Basically, I have a clunk in the front left side, and it appears that that could be the problem. Not sure how to replace a sway bar bushing. So that is my question. Also, the sway bar has 2 holes for the strut mount, now it is in the farthest forward, which in my mind makes for more travel of the sway bar. If I moved it to the hole closer to the busing mount, it would appear that the sway bar would travel less up and down. Which would make it less likely to bang against anything. But I'm not sure, that is just a guess. I'm not sure what else could be clunking on bumps, and only on the left side.

I don't have a picture now, but can get one later. It looks like I'll need to put a spacer under the bushing mount to clear the A-arm.

So basicly, does anyone know what I'm talking about and have experienced this?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:01 AM

Let me know how both front and rear sway bar and strut bar works! I have a TRD rear and it made a big difference!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Anyone knows other brands offering a front swaybar for the tc? im debating get hotchkis but i dont like the idea of swaybar rubbing other parts or breaking on hard cornering.. im not sure if those issues were fixed. It looks like progress stopped making the front bar, Dan garner swaybars are impossible to get and eibach dont have much info or review.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea sucks that they only made the dg one in limited numbers. thats wat i run in my car and so glad i bought it. imo i think its better to run a solid rear than a combo. this is a llil off topic but i run my dg one on full stiff and i remember everyone saying that the car gets really tail happy with it that way, well on one of the practice sessions i was literally throwing my car around tryin to get the rear to kick out and not once did it happen. i kno that it helps rotate but i could not get the rear to come out at all.. for the OP i have personally never ran a front sway so its possible that maybe it will help with the clearance but thats not the purpose of the other set of holes. the purpose of those holes is to adjust the stiffness of the sway resulting in less or more sway.