Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

FWD Cars on canyons??? uh

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you really want to kill a canyon go get a NSX....MR cars will tear it up.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love that car, one of my all time favorite ever!!!!!

I just spent part of today with a NSX customer coming up with ideas on how to sound deaden his car without adding to much weight

Rick
Old 09-15-2005, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by DarkBoxJr
I'm sure you love to d0rift0 in your RWD car, that's also the slowest way to get around a corner.
^^very true

IMO, why exactly do you want to go that fast in the canyons? do you want to die faster? are you an Initial D freak? lol, j/k. if this thread was in another forum (club4ag) this should be locked...
Old 09-15-2005, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you think drifting through a canyon is cool then so be it.. but if you really want to go canyon running.. its all about grip... i like to think my tc handles very well.. and i havent installed sways yet.. i do have a new seat already.... some recaros.. i need a smaller steering wheel though, my momo is still too big, ____ that drift crap.. its overrated now... its cool to watch though.. lol
Old 09-15-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC is OK in the canyons... nothing to brag about
Old 09-15-2005, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Team, your comments are rather vague, all tC's??? hardly;)

I think drifting on public roads is irresponsible at best and I believe handling is far more important than slidding around. I do agree it is fun to watch though.

Rick
Old 09-15-2005, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So wait, hang on.

You're saying my TC isn't as good a car as a 911 !

I'm outraged !
Old 09-15-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by angry_jonnie
So wait, hang on.

You're saying my TC isn't as good a car as a 911 !

I'm outraged !

hahaha

its funny that you mention this becouse my tc with its verry lightly modifide suspension can out handel my buddys ser spec v and multiple modded golf gti's i have seen them over stear and spin out crazy as hell in some of the turns my tc takes

i know there are way better cars but a camaro rs its not one of them. one of my friends has a 30th anaversiry z28 and it cant realy hang with the turbo d16a crx's that cruz around my town (there are 3 of them and there all little monsters lol)
Old 09-15-2005, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bB626
Originally Posted by DarkBoxJr
I'm sure you love to d0rift0 in your RWD car, that's also the slowest way to get around a corner.
^^very true

IMO, why exactly do you want to go that fast in the canyons? do you want to die faster? are you an Initial D freak? lol, j/k. if this thread was in another forum (club4ag) this should be locked...
Why do I want to go fast in the canyons...it's fun. If you dont enjoy driving then maybe you should be posting in the xA section of this forum, you might like the economy and maturity of the responisble 1.5 lt ecno bubble 100ish hp engine lol

...My skion has everythin! lol
Old 09-15-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess some of us just have different perspectives and those that differ with our opinions feel we need to have thier same beliefs. Sorry guys, there are some that are irresponsible in how they do such driving and some that are responsible and quite safe and we chose to be the way we are

I feel far more endangered driving in city traffic than I ever do having some fun in the twisties. Since I know and practice what a can and cannot do my chances of avoiding the terrible drivers I see on the road everyday are far greater because of it.

BUT, I do my real practice of ultimate car control on a closed course, that is the difference between irresponisble and dangerous driving on public roads and just having some fun exercising your skills to a safe level even though it may be taboo to others;)

Rick
Old 09-15-2005, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey watch what you say, your original post was quite stupid to begin with, don't make yourself dumb and think that all people that drive xA's "like the economy and maturity of the responisble 1.5 lt ecno bubble 100ish hp engine lol" FYI I take my car through mountain passes all the time, it's setup up for mountain passes, also HP doesnt matter in the mountains, I've closed a gap with a WRX because the guy couldnt drive for ____, it's all about handling and technique. But hey it's cool, I mean you think that since it's RWD it will ALWAYS go where you want to go and all other sorts of cars won't You seem pretty ignorant on mountain pass driving, well no not ignorant, you actually seem like you lack skill. So you need an RWD car to know where your ___ end is sliding? come on! A GOOD driver will be able to tell which way there ___ is sliding in ANY car. Secondly your statment about taking the car up to the canyons after school and not hitting the brakes...who the fu(k DOESN'T hit the brakes....uhh do YOU just like...turn into your corners magically since you have RWD? RWD don't magically take corners dude. And third...you thought the fast and the furious was cool? Well, I'm pretty sure you're decent in the passes, but your post, ignorance and lack of knowledge thereof makes you look reatrded. that's me being nice, IMO i don't think you have as much skill as you think you do and that from what I've read you would be MUCH safer driving like a NASCAR driver, in one direction. I hope your ___ sliding non braking ___ never shows up in my pass.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Vague? no. tC's are just OK in the canyon... much like a Civic is OK in the canyon, much like a Hyundai Sonota is OK in the Canyon...

It's pretty obvious that someone has a mountain ego and beileives his technique/skill/experience allows him to run lawlessly through the canyons.

I hope that Lawless Joe runs in canyons far from ours. We don't need that type up there.. already too many of them.

You know who you are

and for good measure...

Old 09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gnar-de-gwar
hey watch what you say, your original post was quite stupid to begin with, don't make yourself dumb and think that all people that drive xA's "like the economy and maturity of the responisble 1.5 lt ecno bubble 100ish hp engine lol" FYI I take my car through mountain passes all the time, it's setup up for mountain passes, also HP doesnt matter in the mountains, I've closed a gap with a WRX because the guy couldnt drive for poop, it's all about handling and technique. But hey it's cool, I mean you think that since it's RWD it will ALWAYS go where you want to go and all other sorts of cars won't You seem pretty ignorant on mountain pass driving, well no not ignorant, you actually seem like you lack skill. So you need an RWD car to know where your butt end is sliding? come on! A GOOD driver will be able to tell which way there butt is sliding in ANY car. Secondly your statment about taking the car up to the canyons after school and not hitting the brakes...who the fu(k DOESN'T hit the brakes....uhh do YOU just like...turn into your corners magically since you have RWD? RWD don't magically take corners dude. And third...you thought the fast and the furious was cool? Well, I'm pretty sure you're decent in the passes, but your post, ignorance and lack of knowledge thereof makes you look reatrded. that's me being nice, IMO i don't think you have as much skill as you think you do and that from what I've read you would be MUCH safer driving like a NASCAR driver, in one direction. I hope your butt sliding non braking butt never shows up in my pass.
Dude.......I was making a joke about the fast and the furoius... And you race your xA up the canyons....is that with a tow strap on the front behind a f-350 or a international 4300? You know you are driving a restyled echo right??????? The only people that buy those things are people that cant afford anything else.

Skill is a major factor in driving; that is true, however if you are anything more then a weekend warrior/tourest when it comes to driving you need good equipment, I drive up the 74 three for four times a week (mainly because it is the closest thing to where I live) and I like to have a car that handles it well,...Kinda like sking, you dont want to go to big five and get some plastic ones, you want something that is going to hold up and be percise with good feedback; however if I put some nice skis on a retard and then I steped into some big5 crap, yea I would still be the better on the slopes, but I STILL HAVE THE WRONG EQUIPMENT. See where I am going with this
Old 09-15-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there not that bad of a car dumb ___ the xa is light weight and with the right amount of cash any thing can be quick

http://www.dragtimes.com/Scion-xA-Timeslip-6588.html

this one runs a 16.1 in the 1/4 not great but it is only using a 25hp shot of nitrous a megan header a k&n intake and a hks exhasut. not realy a monster in the 1/4 but if you upgrade the suspension a little it can hang with faster cars

its not like its a big ___ car it only weighs 2340lbs. you dump a turbo on there and it will get a up decently and handel well
Old 09-15-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, I did some research and you are right, the TC that I purchased in good faith is in fact inferior to a Porsche 911.

I don't know what to do.

I'm at a lose for words.

I called my dealer and he scoffed at me, but I told him someone on Scionlife was going around saying that TC's couldn't drive up canyons like a 911 could, and that I'd done some research online and it appeared that he was infact telling the truth.

And he hung up on me.

When I called back, I got his voicemail.

I'm very worried about this.

What if my wife finds out, she'll be devistated. Who else knows ???

OMG, does everyone else know, is this why all the guys at work fall silent when I walk into the office.

I feel used, cheap, I'm ashamed at what I've done.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by angry_jonnie
So, I did some research and you are right, the TC that I purchased in good faith is in fact inferior to a Porsche 911.

I don't know what to do.

I'm at a lose for words.

I called my dealer and he scoffed at me, but I told him someone on Scionlife was going around saying that TC's couldn't drive up canyons like a 911 could, and that I'd done some research online and it appeared that he was infact telling the truth.

And he hung up on me.

When I called back, I got his voicemail.

I'm very worried about this.

What if my wife finds out, she'll be devistated. Who else knows ???

OMG, does everyone else know, is this why all the guys at work fall silent when I walk into the office.

I feel used, cheap, I'm ashamed at what I've done.

maybe your tc would stand a little more of a chance (very little of a chance but more then it would have stock) if your wife didnt make you sell the suspension mods you bought hahaha
Old 09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see were you going and I understand, and no I'm not strapped to anything, yes I know it's a recyled echo. But no I could've afforded a TC, hell I couldve afforded an SRT-4, but that's another story. MY point is, is that yes RWD cars and especially AWD cars a so much more superior than FWD, but that does NOT mean that a FWD can't hold it's own in the mountains. I've driven a few FWD cars through the passes, I've driven the Integra Type-R, a Civic EK9, and dun dun dun the TC...all of which were made to specifically run the mountains, and they handled BEAUTIFULLY. Back to my xA though, yeah I may only be 1.5 liters of raw 100hp, but like my friends car, I've put alot of time into making my car hold it's own in the mountains, and my parts are no "Big 5" parts by a long shot. I get very good feedback from my car, it's very responsive (I'm not saying responsive like a porche or what have you), I can feel when I'm getting a little understeer, when my ___ is sliding a bit....the point is, again, any car can hold it's own in the mountains, it's what you put into and how you drive it. I'm not a weekend warrior either, I constantly run everyday because it's fun. See where I'm getting at? Yes RWD is superier aswell as AWD compared to FWD, but a FWD can hold down.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
maybe your tc would stand a little more of a chance (very little of a chance but more then it would have stock) if your wife didnt make you sell the suspension mods you bought hahaha
Twist the knife why don't you.

;)
Old 09-15-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
Old 09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SuperchargedRS
what do you think IROC stands for?
International Race of Champions, last time I checked.

The name IROC has nothing to do with Camaros. The concept is to pit drivers against each other in nearly identical vehicles so it was about their skills, not the equipment/pit crews, etc. They have used Camaros and may currently do, but they didn't always...

Quick Reply: FWD Cars on canyons??? uh