Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

FWD Cars on canyons??? uh

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ That's a Sweet Doddge

Old 09-15-2005, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

never mind
Old 09-16-2005, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here are some great RWD and FWD canyon cars...
IN MY OPINION

MIATA
WRX
MINI COOPER
RX7
GEN 2 MR2
Lotus Super 7
ELISE
and Honda Civic 3door

Let me add... anything with double wishbone suspension is going be a great car for the ride.

I've driven through the canyons with a friend's xB in the group and it was hauling ___. Canyon driving relys more on suspension than hp and that xB's suspension was tuned in for it and like I said, he hauled his box through like the rest of the group.... which consistied of a variety of makes.. but there was only one car that "finished" first and waited nearly 3 minutes for the rest to make it down... that was a MCS nearly stock.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Obviously he's going to say his minicpoper (disguised as someone elses) beat everybody elses car (including a porsche and lotus? Sure U did ), and lighten it up by talkin bout the xB.
Next time why don't u add Ferrari into the mix u might even be believable (SIIIIKE!!!).
Old 09-16-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/sport2000s.htm

Probably the ultimate 'canyon' machine.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

R2 no it wasn't my MINI. Your assumption logic is nearly as amusing as yourself.

And the ferrari can't take the canyons (here) as well as a short wheelbased car.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

R2D2, what purpose have you for bashing on TeamMightMiniz? There was a race a decade or two or three of four ago.. a Le Mans race I think and the top two cars were a MINI and a vette. The MINI came out first despite the vette being an extremely powerful 5 liter. Although that vette did not handle well at all and a Ferrari or Lamborghini handles very well, it's still entirely possible that a MINI can beat them in a canyon race.

In fact, or.. in story that may have been slightly exagerrated, a Civic hatchback with full suspension tuning and bolt on engine mods burned a Camaro with suspension tuning and forced induction on Ortega highway. I don't know if it's true or not because it was a story I heard from a friend of the Camaro driver (not the Civic driver.)

How's this for a FWD canyon carver, a Civic hatchback (the same kind from my story, a 95~) with a K24 swap with bolt-ons and struts, sways, coil overs, braces, and uber sticky tires spaced out a few mm and sways set thicker in the rear. That's my dream car.. If not a K24 (fitment issues, anyone?) than a K20...

Well in anycase, no one said you need to be racing down the canyon. A canyon run really is only a race between the driver and the mountain and the mountain doesn't move. The only way to lose is to lose control. If you go and go quickly without putting yourself or anyone else in imminent danger than it's a won run. What does it really matter what kind of car?

BTW, SuperchargedRS, that's not cool coming here and assuming we're all a bunch of teens that have our mommies pay for everything. And just out of curiosity, what was your purpose in the first place? Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not being hostile but curious (and not a lot pedantic. :D)
Old 09-16-2005, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member

As far as the hp goes...are we talking about racing up or down the mt, along w/ the grade.

"that's not cool coming here and assuming we're all a bunch of teens that have our mommies pay for everything. And just out of curiosity, what was your purpose in the first place? Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not being hostile but curious "

Well I never said anything about mommie paying for anything, the scions are first time BUYER cars, and the demograph (my spelling sucks) is just that, first time buyers. Most people with a little money to spend that want a Toy product will go with a 6 speed secq. MR2, which despite being a little gutless is a cool little car.

"International Race of Champions, last time I checked.

The name IROC has nothing to do with Camaros. The concept is to pit drivers against each other in nearly identical vehicles so it was about their skills, not the equipment/pit crews, etc. They have used Camaros and may currently do, but they didn't always... "

The reson I mentioned this is that they chose the FBody for a class style racing, hence it is a good drivers car.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TxCAMOxB
...driving with the traction control turned off (tC)...
must be a 2006 option ;)

tC's can get loose, even bone stock. try going into a corner too fast and lifting the throttle/braking before the apex. pretty weird for a FWD, eh?

i wish mommy was making my car payments LOL.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UR gonna tell me a STOCK mini beat a porsche??? Either ur full of it or ur sources clearly can't drive.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SuperchargedRS

Well I never said anything about mommie paying for anything, the scions are first time BUYER cars, and the demograph (my spelling sucks) is just that, first time buyers. Most people with a little money to spend that want a Toy product will go with a 6 speed secq. MR2, which despite being a little gutless is a cool little car.
Originally Posted by SuperchargedRS
Ok, so mom co-signed for you and now you have a new tC... Lets lower it drop some "dubs" on it that weigh more then then car, and now you want to "carve the canyons". These are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS, they are made to get good milage and such, these are not camaros, 911s or vettes. I mean the fast and the furious was cool but really guys, if you want to drive the canyons get a car built for it.
I think that's a fair insinuation that all owners of Scions are teens that have had a car bought for him or her. In anycase, not everyone is. Just so you know

And FnF was NOT cool.. it was pretty lame but I liked it. A pleasant and comedic movie, for sure.

And a person with money wanting a Toyota will probably get a Lexus, no? They don't make the MR2 anymore so if we're still going there, the previous generation MR2 twin turbo wasn't half bad...
Old 09-16-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by R2D2
UR gonna tell me a STOCK mini beat a porsche??? Either ur full of it or ur sources clearly can't drive.
That's what I'm telling you.

Part of it has to do with a 911 being rwd.

Many of the "informed" already know the MCS is more bang for your $ than most any car available today... especially in it's price bracket.

Too bad you're a bucket of bolts...R2.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look at some autoX results... Finals.
Not completely touge... but twisty related.

G and H stock
Old 09-16-2005, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Teammightyminiz is clearly full of it, plus his sources can't drive worth a cows farm.
Clearly u need a reality check... Minicpopers beating a Ferrari, Lotus, and Porsche??? Anybody would come to the same conclusion: you are completely delusional. U luv ur minicpoper to the point that all facts are meanless to u. Theres a reason why cars are in different classes...
Its obvious u have a minicpoper bustin a faker move, by u continuing this conversation proves it beyond a reasonable doubt.
Many of the "informed" already know the MCS is more bang for your $ than most any car available today... especially in it's price bracket.
U'd get banged for that bucket no doubt about that, and since ur "informed" people are the same ones that can't drive worth ****...Well, need i say more...
Take the money left over from NOT getting a minicpoper and spend it on fixin up the tC, i'll bet it'll outperform the mini any day.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

R2, you're just a can of nuts.

*** If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. A long period of non-posting would be most welcome on your part. To quote Thomas Brackett Reed: "They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge."***

Some here may know, most do not...I used to have a MINI and I now have a tC.
I know both vehicles... obviously better than you do.
I know, experienced, seen, witnessed... etc, the MINI outperforming some of your ValHalla makes in the canyon. Believe it or not... but remember, no one was exceeding their or their car's limits.
We overtook, passed and taunted an Audi RS6 in the Crests above the SG Valley (some know which those are). How? Compared to the MINI they can't corner as fast.
Need to read it again?

CAN'T Corner as FAST.

Call 3PO over, maybe he'll install a new logic chip in your dome.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Driver also accounts for a car being faster and not the car at all. An experienced driver in a Minicooper or a Honda Civic will outbeat any inexperienced kid in a Ferrari anyday of the week,
Old 09-16-2005, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Driver also accounts for a car being faster
So true... And if they were equally skilled?

Compared to the MINI they can't corner as fast.
Need to read it again?

CAN'T Corner as FAST.
Check the skidpad & slalom FACTS on the Ferrari, Lotus, Porsche, and compare it to the MiniCpoper. SORRY YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG & DELUSIONAL.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They cannot corner as fast... or as tight.

A local MINI Tuner tested at Willow Springs Streets... Out cornered the new Porsche GT Cup Car.

Granted the porsche pulled hard and fast in the straights, but the MCS caught and passed him on the inside of every corner.

It's a gocart... Maybe you need to be inserted into the droid notch in the back.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think u should stop yappin C3P0 and admit your wrong.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wrong? I have stated cases in regards to actual events.

Get over your blue and chrome dome or squeeze yourself up under Chewbacca.

Quick Reply: FWD Cars on canyons??? uh