Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

HKS HYPERMAX RS COILOVERS IN FOR THE GARAGE1217 CAR!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

How is the ride quality compaired to stock? Is it pretty close to stock or better? im thinking of getting coilovers still searching for the most comfortable one but with a nice drop. Got pics with these coilovers? Im almost convinced with this one..
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ride is the best out of any off the shelf coilover I have run period. They are worth every penny. They are not race coilovers and they are not just setup to drop the car, they are made for a driver who wants to enjoy the car, take 1000 miles trips and still be able to tear it up in the corners. They really did there homework on the set!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Lev
5 Year Member
SL Member

grats dude i wana see them on!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they look like shecksy time.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i was going with these but i decided to go with the H&R Coils. I already ordered them at Cardomain.com with thier 105% price match policy.. I got them shipped for $1004..!!!! Awesome. it saved me about 90 some odd buck'arooz..!! I price matched them from allsprings.com...
Customer service is great.

Though the HKS looks great, it was a little too pricey for me right now.. the money i saved i am putting toward the install.. I should have them on in about a month, and them i will be getting my body kaminari body kit!!! just in time for the shows..

Got into an accident with a 2006 BMW 5series, she slammed me from behind, her air bag went off, and i got some rear damage at about 10-20 miles per hour.. My left front Advan RGII got scratched up and i am fighting with them to get it replaced... 520 bucks just for the rim.. So i am using what i get back from MetLife (_______s) insurance, and using that for my new body kit. I will have to pay for the paint though..

Oh well, sorry for rambling.. I am excited about my Coils and should have gone with them in the first place for my first drop instead of the Hotchkis drop.. Great drop but i nned some play with the hieght/adjustment to fit on the Texas roads out here and my new Kit.

those of you that want a drop might consider the HKS or H&R, (would have loved the HKS) raterh than spending for a drop, that on is for springs. It is cheaper in the long run. My Stock shocks are shot. I know some that didnt have a prob with them with the Hotchkis kit, but they were not meant for that drop ratio... If you have smooth roads then you probably didnt have my prob. PLUS the install on these took forever at a local shop, even theytold me i should have gone with Coils after the install.. they would have taken very short time vs. taking the whole assembly off to get them off, then back on.. With the coild they take of the old setup, and pop these Coils right in, and adjust.. Done... They would have charges me less labor for that, and time would have been shorter...

Now i have to replace the shocks/struts.. ARG! So i decided to not got through all the hubbub again.. Coils it is...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

did i miss this or did you post the drop already? how low on the front and on the back? and also are they height adjustable if you take the wheel off and so what is the range.