Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

hub centric spacers..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default hub centric spacers..?

here is a question for those in the know.. are there any spacers at say 10mm that will keep your wheels hubcentric....

i bought a pare of 5mm (H&S).. i think is the manufacture.... or H& something... it's hell getting old....... anyways... they spacers are hubcentric.. but even at only 5mm the wheels does not catch any of the hub so you wheels becomes bolt centric. this same manufacture does not make a 10mm spacer for the tc.. and i think you have to go to a 15mm before they add a lip to the spacer to keep the wheel hubcentric...

so are there any wheel spacers/shims at 10mm that will keep the wheels hub centric .... im running 19" wheels with a 45 offset.. and they are not bad.. but id like to go to 35 offset atleast in the back.. but would like to keep them hubcentric.....
Old 10-05-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have 5mm H&R's and i called H&R asking a similar question.

the sales rep told me 5mm is too narrow to incorporate a hub ring in to the spacer. my 8mm H&R spacer for my VW GTI had a ring built into the spacer. 15mm is the next size up from a 5mm that H&R makes for tC applications, but that is on backorder. You could contact eibach and see if their spacers come in 10mm, or get one custom built (www.wheeladapters.com), or get a 15mm H&R and have it machined down to 10mm.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HKSpeed
i have 5mm H&R's and i called H&R asking a similar question.

the sales rep told me 5mm is too narrow to incorporate a hub ring in to the spacer. my 8mm H&R spacer for my VW GTI had a ring built into the spacer. 15mm is the next size up from a 5mm that H&R makes for tC applications, but that is on backorder. You could contact eibach and see if their spacers come in 10mm, or get one custom built (www.wheeladapters.com), or get a 15mm H&R and have it machined down to 10mm.

thanks.. yeah.. i think i may take your idea about getting 15mm spacers and having them machined down to 10mm .. or less.. whatever it take to get the centeric ring....
Old 10-08-2005, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member

I had the guy at wheelspacers.com make a set for me for a eclipse. They were custom made. Cost me 150 buck for a pair.

case