Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Ingall's Rear Strut Brace..Who has it??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mmm nice thread...helps me gather information...

Those with the Ingalls 4-point bar... how's the handling in the corner?

I know the stut is going to affect how the car handles in terms under/over steer, but I was wondering how the car's reacted with the strut.

With Eibach springs and a TRD rear sway I feel as if a lot of my understeer has been eliminated. I'm on my quest for neutral handling! I'm debating which would be more beneficial, camber kit or Rear Strut.

Anyone push their cars to the limit in a turn with the Ingalls rear strut bar and experienced slight oversteer? or reduce understeer at least?

I'm also worried about making the overall car too stiff... while I don't think I have too much of an issue has anyone experienced the rear skipping when driving on crappy roads?

also - Our cars have quite a bit of body flex... Just look up when you're sitting in your seats
Old 07-02-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^WELL...I went on a Canyon Run w/ like 11 tC's today..w/ some Crazy Curves etc....
I was surprised How well the rear of my car handled during the trip!!!
*thumbs up***

I dont have any Understeer or Over steer now...actually the steering is WAY more sensitive now...Which I likey!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ichibanumba1
mmm nice thread...helps me gather information...

Those with the Ingalls 4-point bar... how's the handling in the corner?

I know the stut is going to affect how the car handles in terms under/over steer, but I was wondering how the car's reacted with the strut.

With Eibach springs and a TRD rear sway I feel as if a lot of my understeer has been eliminated. I'm on my quest for neutral handling! I'm debating which would be more beneficial, camber kit or Rear Strut.

Anyone push their cars to the limit in a turn with the Ingalls rear strut bar and experienced slight oversteer? or reduce understeer at least?

I'm also worried about making the overall car too stiff... while I don't think I have too much of an issue has anyone experienced the rear skipping when driving on crappy roads?

also - Our cars have quite a bit of body flex... Just look up when you're sitting in your seats
Quite the contrary actually, the roof is stiffer than industry standards by a bit.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? I would have never guessed...

I still can't see how the glass roof is more structural than 'a regular full hardtop' ...

I know there are 3 structural braces that run across the floor of the scion to help with body ridgidity...I read it somewhere.

I'd love to read the document for your source if you can find it.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glad you liked the suspension mod but trust me, the tC still has massive understeer.