Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

my front drivers tire is getting eat up.....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default my front drivers tire is getting eat up.....HELP!

i have an 07' tc with no modifacations to the suspension at all, except for when a jerk side swiped my car. so, i have no big rims, no lowering springs, no coilovers to cause this problem. i was traveling about 20 mph and he was just pulling out, so there was no high-speeds involved. He hit me right at the front-passengers tire & fender. I know that when he hit me, something got bent up or twisted somehow cuz my car has been eating the front tires ever since. the guy who fixed my car said he had the front looked at & there were no problems, yeah right ....he didnt get it looked at! Im FAR from knowing suspension, but I think its a tie rod that may have gotten bent. im goin to take the fr.-pass wheel off this weekend hopefully & look. if not the tie-rod what else could it be guys/ gals? if you have pics that would be great!

Thanks in advance everybody!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, and i've had my car professionally aligned, then drove it to find that it STILL PULLS and that the tire is still eating, I took it back & they checked the alignment & printed the sheet for me and the aligned is almost perfect! AND i have hit no pot holes or anything like that! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFO HERE GUYS INSTEAD OF JUST READING! THANKS AGAIN!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the tires were purchased brand new, my steering wheel pulls sharply to the right side just as soon as I let go of the wheel, i have tried this on flat interstate highways & locals roads.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

same thing happened to my car after i got in an accident my front tires started getting eaten up and now there bald and i only drove the car bak home so thet ow truck can pick it up in the mornign so insurance can fix it. so imagine that only 20 miles till i got home and my tires got chomped on.

so when i got my car fixed they said my control arm was shot and sumthign else in the suspension and now the car is fine but still bald tires lol ofcourse i got an alignment too. have a mechanic check ur car on a lift maybe it can be sumthing on the driver side or whever its pulling from u neveer know
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have also kept check on air pressure in tires
Old 01-14-2009, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there not anyone else on here that knows something about suspension? geez
Old 01-14-2009, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

CAMBER , CASTER , CONTROL ARM INNER AND OUTER TIE RODS AND TOE COULD BE OUT OF WACK OR BENT take it to a collision shop (toyota) and there best at fixing things suttle and it could be in the rear also your cars can be be dogg tailing and you not even know it. take it to a collision shop and have them check it out asap and then get your money back from the guy who fixed it, good luck
Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

just have everything replaced.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionboi06
CAMBER , CASTER , CONTROL ARM INNER AND OUTER TIE RODS AND TOE COULD BE OUT OF WACK OR BENT take it to a collision shop (toyota) and there best at fixing things suttle and it could be in the rear also your cars can be be dogg tailing and you not even know it. take it to a collision shop and have them check it out asap and then get your money back from the guy who fixed it, good luck
I agree, it could also be bent strut or tweaked structure. A good collision shop will have a chassis jig, so they can determine how much it's tweaked (if any) and bend it back into spec.