Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

NAPA Ultra Premium rotors - don't buy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NAPA Ultra Premium rotors - don't buy.

Just got done with my brake job, thought I'd let everyone know what happened to me.

I liked that the NAPA Ultra Premium rotors were painted on the hub and vanes, yes I know others do that, but NAPA was local so I bought a set. Reviews seemed good online. Well, I put them on and the run-out keeps changing, I check the hub mounting surface, it's good. Couldn't understand what was going on until I noticed that it was wobbling on the center hub. Took the rotor off and measured the center hub hole and guess what?!? it's not even correct! The factory measures 53mm, NAPA measured about 55mm! Also measured the lug stud holes too, 3 of the 5 were incorrect as well.

I went through a couple NAPA sets, one set wasn't even for my car (part number on box was correct, part wasn't correct), another set had a crack on the backside of the rotor (bad casting), and then this last set.

People might defend NAPA but I want to warn anyone out there thinking of putting NAPA rotors on the tC, forget it! Save your time get something else. I eventually just went to the dealer and got a pair of theirs, fits perfectly, and looks like Toyota is painting the hub and vanes now too, as well as doing the X (double disc ground) finish. And yeah the runout was perfect on Toyota. I usually don't praise the dealer parts, but on this one, I had to share after I wasted all this time.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sucks, I've never had any issue with Napa parts. But you do have to understand that all parts stores are simple copies of OEM, kind of like ebay knock offs. So you come to expect issues like this.