Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

NEW! Dezod V2 Rear End links for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Hellz jeah. Looking good on the TRD sway
Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

can i get a package price for front and rears?
Old 03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by DonNguyen
can i get a package price for front and rears?
No package pricing at this time. Fronts are not ready for shipping.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much for the front endlink shipped to 92703? Do u have in stock?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by cabrera1985
How much for the front endlink shipped to 92703? Do u have in stock?
See post above. Fronts are not done yet. We are waiting on parts from the machine shop.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Paul...just got my endlinks in today...installed...sort of...

The endlinks are supposed to be completely vertical...does that mean if they are at an angle right now I adjust the height up or down?

Someone mentioned that the sway bar should be parallel to the ground but which part (the angled part after the part where the endlinks connect to)?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc4joe
Hey Paul...just got my endlinks in today...installed...sort of...

The endlinks are supposed to be completely vertical...does that mean if they are at an angle right now I adjust the height up or down?

Someone mentioned that the sway bar should be parallel to the ground but which part (the angled part after the part where the endlinks connect to)?

Thanks in advance!
x2 I was wondering the same things for mine...
Old 03-26-2008, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you won't be able to get the endlinks perfectly vertical nor will you be able to get the bar perfectly parallel to the ground, but you can adjust them to be pretty close.

as for what part of the bar you want to be parallel:

maybe its just me but putting it so close to this spec seems to apply more pressure on the bushings thus making them squeak like a ****, even after taking it apart and using lithium grease. however i am still troubleshooting if its the tightness of the sway bar or something else, going to take it apart again this weekend and try to pinpoint the noise, maybe loosening it up a little to give it more play will help. then again it may not even be the bar.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool thanx for the info...probably play with them and adjust them as best as i can tomorrow

keep us posted if you find out anything about the pressure on the bushings
Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCeeder
you won't be able to get the endlinks perfectly vertical nor will you be able to get the bar perfectly parallel to the ground, but you can adjust them to be pretty close.

Correct. These endlinks have a decent adjustment span to accomodate for a few different adjustment spans.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

when are the fronts gonna be ready to ship
Old 03-30-2008, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i did a little adjusting today..

jacked up the car and took both rear wheels off, took both endlinks out and the entire sway bar with the bushings. cleaned up everything with engine degreaser and wiped it down good.

i compared the oem endlinks with the dezod's. since i'm lowered i went ahead and adjusted them to be even shorter than the oem endlinks. i lubed up the inside of the bushings with the lithium white grease, as well as the outside curved part that goes into the metal bracket, and on the frame of the car itself, the big flat spot that the bushing bolts to. i bolted everything up tightening it evenly as i went. when i was all done i took it for a spin and sure enough, no sqeaks and the endlinks are adjusted ever better than before, so now i have basically no play at all.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCeeder
well i did a little adjusting today..

jacked up the car and took both rear wheels off, took both endlinks out and the entire sway bar with the bushings. cleaned up everything with engine degreaser and wiped it down good.

i compared the oem endlinks with the dezod's. since i'm lowered i went ahead and adjusted them to be even shorter than the oem endlinks. i lubed up the inside of the bushings with the lithium white grease, as well as the outside curved part that goes into the metal bracket, and on the frame of the car itself, the big flat spot that the bushing bolts to. i bolted everything up tightening it evenly as i went. when i was all done i took it for a spin and sure enough, no sqeaks and the endlinks are adjusted ever better than before, so now i have basically no play at all.
Hey in your pic you have a fat washer in between the endlink and your swaybar. Did yours come with it? My washers don't seem to be that thick so part of my endlink seems like its rubbing on the swaybar!!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should have gotten 8 of those thick black washers in your kit. here is how mine looks after yesterday:

note, the silver washer is something i added. if you go on the dezod site they have theirs with a lot of washers, which helps illiminate the endlink rubbing on the swaybar (which mine was doing before i redid it all).

so mine is like so:

Bolt -> black washer -> endlink -> black washer -> (my) silver washer -> car frame -> nut

for the top its the same just replace car frame with sway bar.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess I gotta go buy more washers then... My kit only came with some thin washers
Old 03-31-2008, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ try the local auto parts store, they seem to have every size possible: i found the right washers for the endlinks and my CF hood
Old 03-31-2008, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I guess I gotta go buy more washers then... My kit only came with some thin washers
Mine didn't come with any washers, I didn't know it came with them...it also didn't come with the four bolts that tighten the top and bottom pieces, but those I found easily at the auto parts store...
Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by pinoyFMtC
Mine didn't come with any washers, I didn't know it came with them...it also didn't come with the four bolts that tighten the top and bottom pieces, but those I found easily at the auto parts store...
The bolts where missing and washers? Damn I need to get Enrique involved on QC before stuff leaves here. SOrry fellas.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
The bolts where missing and washers? Damn I need to get Enrique involved on QC before stuff leaves here. SOrry fellas.
No biggie for me Paul... Home depot ain't that far anyway. Couple of washers shouldn't cost that much. I'd be worried if mine didn't come with the bolts like pinoyFMtc...
Old 04-01-2008, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
No worries A quick, cheap trip to the auto parts store didn't bother me any haha...

Quick Reply: NEW! Dezod V2 Rear End links for the tC