Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

OUT NOW!! FUNCTION & FORM TYPE II COILOVERS for TC

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:08 AM
SL Member

okay great. got my fronts perfect. another day im going to take the bolts off the rears and try to max them out. i can max them out with the top still bolted on right i just need to take off the bottom bolt and twist the shock body? do i need to unlock the red collars when i turn the shock body or just move the gold collar thing up. sorry they come with no directions at all so it weird trying to figure it out just by looking at it.

how much will they settle too over a few days? not much? or will i get a 1/4 inch or so?

If you have time to take a picture of your rear shock with your wheel off it would really help me, I'd really appreciate it if you could just take a picture of it so i can see how yours looks when its adjusted properly so i have something to go by.

thanks again man. =]
Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

have no pixs of the rear...yea you can lower it with the top strut bolts on just remove the lower strut bolt and then remove it from the lower control arm unlock the gold collar and twist the shock body from the bottom. dont touch the 2 red collars
Old 08-09-2010, 01:46 AM
SL Member

ok. well i touched the red collars not knowing how to adjust them when they were on the car. but only on one side so ill just measure and put it back to what i had on the other side. i should be able to tuck my 18s on 225s right when the rears are maxed? because i had no problem tucking them in the front.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it should be about the same as your front or maybe just a Lil higher but it will go a lil lower when they settle. could be anywhere up to 1/2" or more just depends

Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
SL Member

awesome, thanks man. i did that before i put them on but i guess i didnt go low enough. the red perches stay locked when i turn that bottom part? i just need to move the gold perch up.

ONE last question, the front sway end links, how should they be adjusted should i have both front wheels in the air so there is no tension and adjust them to the right height or do i need to adjust them on the ground some how. thanks.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The red collars just stay in the same spot. Yea unlock the gold collar, as for the endlinks when your car is on jacks screw one side first and by you lifting the sway bar you will be able to adjust and screw the secong bolt.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 AM
SL Member

i adjusted the rears. i guess they were maxed out. i couldnt turn the shock body anymore. there is still about an inch maybe more left above but it doesnt go past a certain point. do you still have threads left to go up on your rear shocks but it stops about an inch before the top? anyways i talked to function and form and the guy told me to just loosen the springs and that will make the car sit lower. so for now i have the shock bodies turned as high as they will go. then i loosened the red collars down a bit, i could actually move the spring up and down about an 1/8 of an inch if that idk i was able to move them around there wasnt much tension on them at all. and it worked perfectly, the car went another inch lower maybe 3/4 of an inch. and all is good =].......... unless my shock body is supposed to thread all the way to the top but i dont think so, theres about an inch of thread left to go after it wont turn anymore.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it won't go any more then your maxed out, and yea you can go lower by loosening the red collars but its gonna make you lose shock travel..
Old 08-10-2010, 05:56 PM
SL Member

yeah. i can't believe that having them maxed out didn't tuck any of my rear tires? im on 18s with 225.40's on.

thats why i thought the shock body should have been able to turn more, because there is still like an inch or so of thread left for the shock body to turn up to but i guess there is a point before the thread runs out where it just stops.

i didnt loosen the springs too much though so i didn't lose too much shock travel.

i guess i have to see where they settle though, because maybe they will lower another half inch or more after a week or so and i can move the spring perch back up so i have full shock travel.

did you notice them getting any lower after a week of driving on them?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I noticed....just remember how high it was sitting when you first dropped it and then compare it in about a week or so...u should see it lowered a Lil more. How much you get your set 4?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 AM
SL Member

pm'd you.

but today i went to adjust my front endlinks and when had both front wheels in the air and unbolted the endlinks the sway bar just falls there is no tension. anyways i had no idea where to have it, i called function and form and the guy couldnt really explain it.

anyways i put them on it what i thought was close to right, they are even, and the end links don't hit the shock body when i turn the wheel right or left all the way. but tonight after i messed with them im hearing a little clunking sound its short and brief, seems to be when i go down into a large bump or man hole cover. or if i take a turn and i go over a slight or small bump i hear it. when im driving straight and hit bumps or small pot holes ect in the road i hear nothing whether im on the highway going 70 or local roads going 40. but if im turning or if i hit something big enough i get a little clunk.

i didnt notice anything yesterday or today before i adjusted the end links so my guess is its the sway bar is not sitting right. or maybe its just the sound of the shock bottoming out because they are pretty much maxed out.

*the noise is coming from the front of the car* no noise from the rear as far as i can tell. i know sounds can travel throughout and seem like they are coming from somewhere else, but i didnt hear this noise at all yesterday so if anyone can help me understand how low or high the sway bar needs to sit id really appreciate it. thank you.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 AM
SL Member

just read back and found something. sway bar might be rubbing or bumping against the body or frame of the car? so i need to either shorten or lengthen my end links?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That noise is not from bottoming out, your endlinks are to short so your sway bar is hitting the frame.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

losen the top bolt of the endlink, now with the bottom of the endlink still bolted to the sway bar just grab the endlink from were you unbolted it and just pull up and you should see the sway bar go up as to say it was on the ground and there was tension that way you can adjust it rite
Old 08-12-2010, 01:42 AM
SL Member

yeah i looked at my friends stock tc and my sway bar was way to high, you could actually see a mark on my sway bar from where it was hitting the frame of my car. so i lowered it down a bit today and all the noise is gone =]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's koo atleast you fixed all your problems and got the suspension put on good so now all you have to do is post some pixs so I can see the end results
Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Post some pics of your ride cbridges.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:10 PM
SL Member

i will. im in germany right now, until the 17th, there are sooo many nice audi's/vdubs and bmw's lol, the autobahn was awesome, we rented a standard bmw type suv thing that i have never seen in the states, its not marked either so idk what to call it lol sorry, its a turbo diesel 6 speed. anyways when i get home im going to adjust the height one more time, get an alignment, and a car wash and ill have some pics =]
Old 08-15-2010, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant wait.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does anybody have pictures of the F&F type 2's max out and settled w/ out taking out rings etc.?

Quick Reply: OUT NOW!! FUNCTION & FORM TYPE II COILOVERS for TC