Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Post Pics of Your Lowered tC Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006 | 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we need pics of htechs, have not seen one yet

Ta Suck
Old 02-06-2006 | 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KJ_Scion
lol TRD's arent too high, thier a perfect drop IMO. Fills up the wheel gap good. Some of the pics here might be the TRD's right after they're installed, they do settle a little lower after a couple of weeks.

Here some pics of mine on TRD's fully settled.

Love the pics...car looks very NiiiCE I think you just sold me on the TRD Springs, that and my uncle is a parts manager at a Toyota Dealership. which makes for some good discounts...LoL
Old 02-06-2006 | 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Here is a pic of mine on Tein S-Techs
Old 02-06-2006 | 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im goin with goldlines... nice clean drop, and since ill be staggered...it will stil look raked
Old 02-06-2006 | 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The GoldLine Spring company isnt too far from you, you should just drive to their building and pick them up. If your in diamond bar its about in the middle between me and you. Plus when you pick them up yourself like my friend did, they gave him a OK discount on them.
Old 02-07-2006 | 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by awesometc
WOW
Nice paint, great grill, and LOVE the 20s!
Old 02-07-2006 | 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Thank you, I really enjoy the car.
Old 02-12-2006 | 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

lol TRD's arent too high, thier a perfect drop IMO. Fills up the wheel gap good. Some of the pics here might be the TRD's right after they're installed, they do settle a little lower after a couple of weeks.

That first pic shows EXACTLY how I want my car to sit.

I've been stuck- the TRD was my sure choice, but every time I look they seem to leave just a little bit too much wheel gap. Then again, I didn't want to worry about sending my shocks to an early grave with the S-techs, though that drop did look good.

I think I'll go TRD, because 1. your picture showing them settled inspires me, 2. they'll be less taxing on the shocks, and 3. they look perfect when you go up to 18s.

Now just have to make some cash to buy them...
Old 02-13-2006 | 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Magnus213

I've been stuck- the TRD was my sure choice, but every time I look they seem to leave just a little bit too much wheel gap. Then again, I didn't want to worry about sending my shocks to an early grave with the S-techs, though that drop did look good.

I think I'll go TRD, because 1. your picture showing them settled inspires me, 2. they'll be less taxing on the shocks, and 3. they look perfect when you go up to 18s.

I'm not saying that the TRD springs are a bad idea (they are not) but why not go with the Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 kit??? With the kit you get The Hotchkis springs and sway bars... on TRD sparks the kit is $355. If you want more of a drop go with Hotchkis the drop in front is 1.7" instead of 1.25" and the rear 1.97" instead of 1.25"... With these springs I haven't heard of anyone having issues with rubbing on 18's and this will give you that lower look you are going for... Also definately consider getting some sway bars, huge improvement in handling!!! Try this kit if you are stuck on TRD springs... TRD Sparks Stephen
Old 02-13-2006 | 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Originally Posted by awesometc
WOW
Nice paint, great grill, and LOVE the 20s!

F----ING clean is all I can say that is a awesome looking Tc!
Old 02-13-2006 | 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went with the TRD springs living in Denver, CO cause I wanted the least amount of drop which is what TRD has. It surprised me to how much they settled a couple weeks after the install. I have no issues with potholes or deep curves which is what I was worried about in the denver area. Looking at the Hotchkis, they look really good also, especially with the 18's. Guess it kinda depends on where you live and your environment to choose what springs to go with. Ill see if I can take some more pictures today showing it off at different angles.
Old 02-13-2006 | 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went with the TRD springs living in Denver, CO cause I wanted the least amount of drop which is what TRD has. It surprised me to how much they settled a couple weeks after the install. I have no issues with potholes or deep curves which is what I was worried about in the denver area. Looking at the Hotchkis, they look really good also, especially with the 18's. Guess it kinda depends on where you live and your environment to choose what springs to go with. Ill see if I can take some more pictures today showing it off at different angles.
More pics would be great... yeah if you think Denver is bad then you haven't seen the roads in Missouri I guess I will see what happens when I get the Hotchkis kit because I just want a little lower look than the TRD and don't want to go with the extreme drop's with Tein... Stephen
Old 02-13-2006 | 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

More pics would be great... yeah if you think Denver is bad then you haven't seen the roads in Missouri I guess I will see what happens when I get the Hotchkis kit because I just want a little lower look than the TRD and don't want to go with the extreme drop's with Tein... Stephen
Old 02-14-2006 | 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged

I'm not saying that the TRD springs are a bad idea (they are not) but why not go with the Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 kit??? With the kit you get The Hotchkis springs and sway bars... on TRD sparks the kit is $355. If you want more of a drop go with Hotchkis the drop in front is 1.7" instead of 1.25" and the rear 1.97" instead of 1.25"... With these springs I haven't heard of anyone having issues with rubbing on 18's and this will give you that lower look you are going for... Also definately consider getting some sway bars, huge improvement in handling!!! Try this kit if you are stuck on TRD springs... TRD Sparks Stephen
You jerk! (Kidding)

Now you've made me all unsure again, when I had just thought I had it sorted out. You didn't address the issue of the shocks, though... could someone run through the expected lifetime after lowering, if it's bad driving with blown shocks, everything I need to know?

*EDIT* forgot to mention, the hotchkis front bar sounds like it's an incredibly frustrating install that would best be done with a lift, which I don't have.
Old 02-14-2006 | 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You jerk! (Kidding)

Now you've made me all unsure again, when I had just thought I had it sorted out. You didn't address the issue of the shocks, though... could someone run through the expected lifetime after lowering, if it's bad driving with blown shocks, everything I need to know?

*EDIT* forgot to mention, the hotchkis front bar sounds like it's an incredibly frustrating install that would best be done with a lift, which I don't have.
I do know that there are a few people on here that are just running the rear sway bar right now... they say it has added a huge improvement to handling, even without the front sway bar in... also it can be done without a lift, but yes it will be very frustrating!!! And take a long time to do as well... I don't know about the lifetime of the shocks, but if you are afraid to blow them out then get the TRD shocks, they should work out fine! The stock shocks should last you a while though since it is not as drastic of a drop as the Tein's... keep looking on trdsparks.com, they have a suspension set with those TRD shocks if you want them... Stephen
Old 02-14-2006 | 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
You jerk! (Kidding)

I do know that there are a few people on here that are just running the rear sway bar right now... they say it has added a huge improvement to handling, even without the front sway bar in... also it can be done without a lift, but yes it will be very frustrating!!! And take a long time to do as well... I don't know about the lifetime of the shocks, but if you are afraid to blow them out then get the TRD shocks, they should work out fine! The stock shocks should last you a while though since it is not as drastic of a drop as the Tein's... keep looking on trdsparks.com, they have a suspension set with those TRD shocks if you want them... Stephen
I ask about the shocks mainly because I can't put up the cash for 'em any time in the near future, if I could I wouldn't have such a dilemma over the springs.

Well, I know some people who know some people... I could probably find my way onto a lift if I needed to. We shall see.
Old 02-14-2006 | 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Tein H-Techs w/ 18"s

Old 02-15-2006 | 02:41 AM
5 Year Member

teinnnn coil overs. beezies.what you know! haha

[/img]
Old 02-16-2006 | 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics