Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Raceland or Rokkor Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

spicey i already said, i do NOT want the high end expensive coilovers. why do u keep pushing it in this thread. this thread has a simple quesion, raceland or rokkor. nothing else. its even the title of the thread for goodness sake. if ur gonna keep making stupid comments, just keep out of this thread then.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doc, don't take this the wrong way at all. You're going in a very nice direction with your car. Don't ruin it with cheap, crappy components. Doesn't really matter if you will track a car or not, I just don't see it worth it to buy cheap and slam a car then deal with blown components or horrible drive line issues down the road. Do as you want, but this cash could go towards some nice stuff for the car that will last.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

Im being dead ___
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
So by your "logic", he should spend the cash on performance coils, slam them, and reduce their longevity just like the Rokkors?
By my logic the tC looks like garbage slammed and no one should do it. People treat these cars like Honda's, their not. It's sad to see slammed tC's that aren't at least on bags for a real slam. Coils don't "slam" like most people want.

Doc, you wanted opinions. You're getting them. If you don't like opinions, don't make threads asking for them. I actually like how your doing your car.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Banned
SL Member

Get racelands
Old 01-04-2011, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, im on a pretty sad budget. i bought some tein basics from swsnowman before, and had a horrible experience. i still have them to this day. im just tryna sell those, and buy some new coilovers. part of the reason why im settling for racelands or rokkors(most likely rokkors) is cuz of all the $$ ive already lost cuz of dumbass swsnowman ripping me off.

and nylitc ur really voting for me to get RLs? haha. cuz im already like 90% settled on rokkors
Old 01-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

That's not logic, that's an opinion. And I don't know if you realized it, but the tC is an economy car. Same category as the Civic, Sentra, etc.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and for the record, the rokkors/racelands do just the perfect drop i want. airbags are waaay too pricey and do too much of a drop
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spicy_McHaggiz quit trollin

So many people are running these without a problem. Me being one of them, and you come in here, and say "Just run air bags" you aren't giving any good advice at all, just being flat annoying. Just like the other anti stance people...

Oh your opinion on "Slammed looks dumb" Ya because we all know 4x4 is the wayyyyyyy to gooooo.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Banned
SL Member

I bought racelands and cant wait to install them but i cant afford 300 for installation
Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohhh yeah, are u the one i offered to install for free? too bad ur in ny. i would defly help out a homie. dont pay a shop to have them installed. if anything, find someone that would lend a helping hand or maybe give em a few bucks.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nylitc
I bought racelands and cant wait to install them but i cant afford 300 for installation
That's when you grab some tools, a friend to help, pizza, and beer, and do it yourself.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nylitc
this is why I install everything in front of my house...
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 09SocalTC
this is why I install everything in front of my house...

i do everything in my car myself also. too bad i live in a condo. theyre strict here with liability crap on the parking lot or garage. so i have to ask friends to borrow their garage or driveway. haha
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had no idea giving a valuable opinion was trolling. ROFL

And a lot of people are also running both of these setup's with problems. The raceland thread is full of issues with the product, and rokkor's are fairly new and problems are just starting to arise.

Jon, yes the tC is an "economy" car however its a very expensive or "high end" economy car. Its one of the most expensive in its class, and has many many more standard features for a decent price then what it would cost for a civic, sentra, etc. However for those who are putting a decent amount of money into it does not mean that it should settle for cheap parts. Look how many well modded civics have a few grand into them, a lot of them have more money in performance parts then what the car is worth. I think your logic might be a bit flawed, but thats a matter of opinion.

Doc, once again your car, mod as you like. Good luck with the Rokkor's and let us know how they work out.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Banned
SL Member

Yea but i dont have tools and i tried installin it but the middle nut in the top keeps spining
Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im making my account for the rokkor website now as we speak. about to order them. weeee.

and nylitc, u mean the nut on the top mounts? u need to compress the spring first before u remove the hat. or else the srping will shoot out like a cannon. haha
Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You don't have the tools, yet the "middle nut" keeps spinning? Contradicting. I spent 30 bucks on the tools to install my springs, only because my real tools are back in Illinois. Find a cheap tool store and do it.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by jeremydoc
im making my account for the rokkor website now as we speak. about to order them. weeee.

and nylitc, u mean the nut on the top mounts? u need to compress the spring first before u remove the hat. or else the srping will shoot out like a cannon. haha
Lmfao
What i was saying is when i tried installin the top mount to the coilover the middle nut kept spinnin so that why i didnt wanna kept doing it lol
Old 01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so, u dont trust "cheap" parts, but you recomend a "cheap tool store" to do the job? wow

Quick Reply: Raceland or Rokkor Tuning