Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Reducing body roll without the use of sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Getting the thickest rear possible is not good advice at all. If the rear is too thick in relation to the front you will be promoting terrible oversteer.

The same goes with getting only the front. You will make the car understeer worse (I cant see why you would want to do this)

If you get a rear only, dont go stiffer than the TRD. If you want to get more agressive than that you really need to get a set (front and rear) that are made to work with each other. The idea is to balance out the handling, not go too far one way or the other.

i second this. People that want to do a front only sway bar have no idea what they are doing. This car has massive traction loss due to the factory safegaurd understeer. Front sway bars make it worse rears fix the problem to a degree. The trd rear sway is the best choice if only doing 1 bar and daily driving and comfort is a factor. Do not do a front only. TRD rear, or a front rear set. Front only is extremely dangerous.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For this car, getting a new front sway bar would be counterproductive but RSX owners sometimes swap their front sway bars for the smaller Civic sway bars so they can adjust for more oversteer while increasing amount of sway; it seems pretty fair to me. Anyways, that's where that rule comes from I believe.