Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Rotora Big Brake kit install **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Rotora Big Brake kit install **pics**

Picked up the front Rotora big brakes for the tC. I would like to thank Sport Compact Only for ordering the Rotora Big Brake kit. I would also like to thank Ken and his crew from All tune and Lube in Mesa Arizona for installing the brake kit.

The brake kit arrived well packaged; all the components arrived in the box with the owner’s manual and brakes lines. Rotora also includes additional bleed nipples and washers for maintenance or that may be damaged while being used. As one would expect from a top manufacture the kit arrived in good order, I pulled all contents for a full inspection, the manufacturing quality of the rotors and calipers is top notch. The brake pads are already loaded and the calipers are ready for installation.

The rotors will need to be cleaned to remove the anti rust protection that comes on the rotors. The calipers require no preparation prior to the installation, the pads are preloaded. The removal of the stock brake system is easy to remove, the brake shield will require you to cut it off s you will not be using it on the kit. The brake lines come off easily with no issues or difficulty. While I was handling the stock calipers vs the Rotora, the weight difference is significant. The stock calipers are easily 2 to 3 pounds heavier that the Rotora’s.

The system was installed quickly; bleed through a brake line vacuum. I was amazed at how little brake fluid was used on the new calipers; I don’t think we dropped more than a half a reservoir of brake fluid. I expected to use more and questioned the brakes were bleed correctly. The install was competed and tested, it was correct. The brakes were a little soft at first, but quickly came to life after a few minutes of use. The pads breaking in and the rotors cleaning off any residue contributed to the soft stopping at first.

The test, I entered the tC in the D1 Auto X autocross during the Arizona event. The brakes performed properly and flawlessly under hard braking. On a few instances I even set off the ABS system, it works properly and felt no adverse effects to the tC ABS braking system or it’s ability to work correctly.

The overall experience as a consumer is very high, I was able to obtain the Rotora Kit from Sport Compact Only quickly and was treated very well. The installation by All tune staff was professional, meticulous and provided a complete, clean and properly working braking system. Rotora supplying the customer with a complete quality performance system meet my expectations. Enjoy, I know I am!

Old 05-25-2006, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

wow, nice, so how much did u pay for it?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

very nice Kelly.. I am jealous..
Old 05-25-2006, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice BBK. Now one thing that bothers me about your car is the lack of center caps on the wheels. I would have thought by now you would have gotten some or something. Whats going on with that? Sorry for going off topic. But I can bring it back . . . Sweet brakes. Let us know how the stop. lol
Old 05-25-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Nice looking brakes.

btw, you're not allowed to have images in your sig.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wooo rotoras, now you have sweet brakes, but now you need to go get new wheels......lol
Old 05-25-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm just wondering.... do you have them on right? Aren't the slots supposed to face the other way? Not pointing forward, but swept back?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

they go forward on mine
Old 05-25-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks everyone, I am really happy to get them on the tC finally, I need to finish up the rears.

As to the wheels, I really like them, I have yet to see another set of white Enkei 7 spokes around. I am looking to do a staggered set up, unless I can come up with the right look and fit, the Enkei EMS 7 spoke stay on the car. The center caps, I have left them out, looks a little race style to me, sloppy to others and just out right wrong. It is not for everyone and that is cool.

As to the price, all retailers are in the ball park, there is no drop dead deal out there. Knowing that you have now made the commitment to make the purchase, the decision is from which retailer. Do like I did, shop around, but not for price, look for service, support and return policies. I would call SCO and ask for Raman or Bryan, tell them I sent you. They are great guys along with the rest of the staff. If your comfortable with the service, sales and price, pony up!

1-800-766-0022

Old 05-25-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What size are the rotors?

Thanks

Jeremy
Old 05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man those wheels must be heavy painted/pc'd. I think they were at 24 or something to start.

I was about to get them and pc a graphite similar to the RS1, but they were too heavy for me.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn thats nice.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks hot mang! how much was it?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Wow Thanks for the post!!! im like one pay check away from getting the same BBK too but in the blue color.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rolloutrs1
looks hot mang! how much was it?
As to the price, all retailers are in the ball park, there is no drop dead deal out there. Knowing that you have now made the commitment to make the purchase, the decision is from which retailer. Do like I did, shop around, but not for price, look for service, support and return policies. I would call SCO and ask for Raman or Bryan, tell them I sent you. They are great guys along with the rest of the staff. If your comfortable with the service, sales and price, pony up!

Call Raman or Bryan as they should be able to hook you up. 1-800-766-0022

The install is a snap, we had a lift and the shop did it. Even if you do it yourself and you have the right tools it is a fun project to perform to the tC. You should give Roman or Bryan a call at Sport Compact and see what they can do for you. Just make sure you tell them that I sent you.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was it worth the performance
Old 05-29-2006, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nfiniti9
Man those wheels must be heavy painted/pc'd. I think they were at 24 or something to start.

I was about to get them and pc a graphite similar to the RS1, but they were too heavy for me.
The Enkei/RS1 are not any heavier than the sotck 17”, the wheels are powder coated. It looks pretty thick, it is the high gloss of the finish that make it look like that.

The performance vs the money, was it worth the money? Absolutely, once you have it you wonder how you ever got along without them. In fact I like the fronts so much I am ordering the rears lines and rotors from Sport Compact only on Tuesday. If they actually made a caliper for the rear I would buy that also.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Number one this Brake Kit is not listed on their site. I am glad you are adding alot to your hot tC, but it looks like you are pushing SCO pretty hard, and they are your sponser. I am sure you are gettting most of these items at no or little cost. Props to you. But there are a few people who asked you how much they were, and you did not respond to their request, but to tell them to call or look around elsewhere. If you know how much they are please answer the question, so we could decide better where to shop. I for one would like to know the ballpark price. You have a few threads listing your recent mods and i think it is REALLY GREAT you are doing more to your tC, but from what i have seen on SCO they are NOT at all means cheap in their pricing. Matter of fact they are a little high priced. Please dont get me in the worng way, i am at no means argueing, but its seems when i read your thread its like watching or viewing a commercial or advertisement for SCO. LOL....
Old 05-29-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good questions and a valid point that may need some clarification, thanks for asking.

As a good member of the SCION community it is important to offer up accurate actionable information. I manage 50 online selling web sites, it important to provide as much information as complete as I can. This allows the reader/member/buyer the information that they need from the post.

Why does it look like an ad for SCO? If it comes across that way it was not my intention, when you write ads and copy I like color and images. It adds more depth and impact from a one dimensional media, forums! If it is to much I can always pull them out make them boring! LOL!

As to the price, yes I paid for them if you must know, there is nothing in life for free. I have never asked anyone what they paid, I don’t see the value in knowing the details of a purchase.

As to my point on shopping around I think you missed it, it was not specific to price. That is between you and the seller that you eventually pick. SCO as most retailers have a “Minimum Advertised Price” that is set by the manufacture, they call this MAP pricing. Manufactures do not want price degradation in the market place and the retailer is entitled to make money, which I am sure you would agree with me.

The point was a total buying experience, as a consumer and a shopper there are several qualities I look for when purchasing from brick and Mortar or online. Price is not the most important; anyone can throw a low ball price out to get you to buy. I do want a good value for my money. Not at the expense of service, technical support and a warranty.

Lastly, the two purchases I have made are fairly large, I have saved and waited for a very long time to make this happen, I am very excited about them and wanted to share my experience so far. Unfortunately people are more likely to tell you about a bad experience than a good one.

Thank you for asking,

BTW, I cut and pasted this from the SCO web site, this is the front brake kit for the tC.

2005 Scion tC Front 4-Piston 295Ã-25mm 1-PIECE Disc
16" min. Wheel size Req.
w/Red caliper and Cross-drilled/Slotted Rotors
Part #: RBK010.01AC

Usually ships
within 2-4 days MSRP: $1,395.00
Your Price: $1,297.97
or only $64.90 a month
Total Savings of: $97.03
Old 05-30-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

^^^ SWEET BRO.. Thanks for cleaaring that up for me... I really like what you have done to that tC, and i am not too far behind you when it comes to saving big $$$ for quality items. My Work's are finally on order, and it is a first step in getting my tC looking up to par to yours.

Matter of fact i have decided to get the Kaminari Kit with the CF RevCowlHood, and CF wing with it. I am still debating on dual tone, or just make it all BSP with accents...? I will be your oppisite, lol.... Ebony and Ivory.... LOL,, I sure hope we could meet up one day, once i get my stuff on the ride.... you are not that far from me, AZ correct? well we TX guys dont mind one bit if you come over to our side...

I was planning on going to Texas Heatwave, but i might not have offm and my car is far from competition at this point. Again, i hope you did not missunderstand me, i just reread my post, and it came off a bit rude, and that WAS NOT my intention. Thanks for answering the question on costs.. For some reason i cannot find the info on thier site, even when i search for it in the search box... oh well..

I did notice that this was only for the fronts, correct? 12-1300 for justthe fronts? do they come with the rears too.. I saw online where it was 2400 for them, but it did not state the reason, or difference. i know there are 4 and 6 pistion options for these.. Again thanks for your info... Later...

Quick Reply: Rotora Big Brake kit install **pics**