Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

So whos gotten their alignment at Firestone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Default So whos gotten their alignment at Firestone?

I found that they do lifetime alignments for only 150 and my girlfriend got her tc aligned at firestone after being lowered on sportlines for about 4 months already. She got a discount 119 out the door and since she referred me, I'm getting mine for the same price and im scheduled on the 29th! So i was just wondering if anyone here got their alignments there.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have it, its hasnt given me a problem
Old 11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most of the other chains have such deals too, although many don't advertise it. Many places now charge ~$70 for a 4-sheel alignment, so it certainly makes sense to pay double or just a bit more for the "lifetime" deal.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea but lifetime deals usually equal them cutting corners. I got my girls ride aligned for 50 bucks and shes lowered on stechs. They did a fairly good job.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Maybe, kinda depends on what you mean by "cutting corners". They'll make any adjustments required for the alignment to be within stock specs, which is good enough for most people. They won't take the time required for additional camber some people want, as more work is extra cost.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Just make sure you get a printout of the alignment. Camber and Caster are unadjustable but you need to know if they are out or not so that you may buy a camber or caster kit to fix the camber problem that comes with lowering the car, no mater which lowering kit you buy.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i go there...they are the only place with an in floor jack... i trust them. plus a buddy of mine works there so they don't cut corners...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats not true for all locations. Just because there are some honest workers at your firestone, that does not ring true for all. Its like a diamond in the rough. For example, go on youtube and check out Jiffy Lub. They are known for scams in many of their locations, however not all there shops are crooked.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the firestone lifetime alignment. different techs and service managers at different locations will vary the service. the location I regularly go to will set my camber at whatever spec I want, whereas my local firestone wont deviate from stock specs at all.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

oh i didnt mean they are all good. same thing with me as with hks...the one i go to will set camber to w/e i want...the one down the road wont.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea they will all be different and who is working at the time will be different. One time I bent my rim and got the tire transferred over to a new rim and they did a great job, not one scratch or mark. Recently I got new tires and an alignment from them and they put several marks on the rims, then 2 weeks later when I was changing my oil I found a ton of scratch on my side skirt where it looks like it hit the lift or was drug over something.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought the lifetime alignment from Firestone and abused it when I had my car lowered on coilovers.
I once did 3 alignments in a week because I kept adjusting my ride height.
And each time I got the tech to set it to where I wanted it, even if it meant being out of recommended spec.

To avoid getting screwed over or having corners cut, schedule your alignments during slow hours.
You'll p1ss them off if you try to receive "free" service during their busy hours.
Tell them you'll waive their free inspection (checking fluids, lights, belts, etc.) to save them (and you) time.
And always ask for a before/after printout of your alignment specs in case problems arise.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so would you recommend them for lowered cars with aggressive fitments?? Because i want to get spacers and am looking for a good shop that will adjust the camber as needed. I went to les schwab and they were feeding me bull____ on how i needed to by a camber kit when my car was not even slammed.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like some of us said, each store has different techs and managers so if you are comfortable with the store in your area then go for it.

Also forgot to add that you should always keep your eyes on your car instead of sitting in the waiting room.
I'll always watch the tech do his thing and strike up a conversation.
Rims are scratch free!!!

All the stuff I mentioned sounds like a lot of work on the customers part but it's worth it for basically free alignments for life after the first few.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what camber spec would you guys suggest? Also I was thinking about something today. When you press on your brake, does the rear brakes lock in as well? I dont think so but I gutted my ride the other day to swap out the quarter windows and everytime I tap the break, I can hear the rear brakes.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a lifetime plan with them. spent almost $150(tax and everything) for it back then.

going to be switching to coil overs soon...so going to get my moneys worth and then some. probably go to 2 places to make sure they do it right.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i work at tires plus we do a 3 year alignment for 99$ the tc is the easyest car ever to align
Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Only found one place that could do an alignment on my car in Houston due to my ride height and body kit. That was a Firestone waaaaaaaaay far away from me.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 07specTC

To avoid getting screwed over or having corners cut, schedule your alignments during slow hours.
You'll p1ss them off if you try to receive "free" service during their busy hours.
werd. i always go on Sunday mornings at 8 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
^^ Only found one place that could do an alignment on my car in Houston due to my ride height and body kit. That was a Firestone waaaaaaaaay far away from me.

that firestone is on like bellaire and beechnut or something right?? the performance individual owned firestone.. owned by a brown guy.. man ive gotten some work there and they are good in their work but not alignment.. ive gotten three alignment from there and they keep messing up.. i havent found any regular firestone that will do my car as a lifetime.. im lowered on stechs and have a low lip.. i have about 3 inch clearence... and they all say no to me cause they can get it up on the machine.. so i found this other place.. they charge me 80 bux but they are good.. southwest alignment.. dunvale and fondren..

Quick Reply: So whos gotten their alignment at Firestone?