Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tein Reviews!!!!! My SSP are here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Default Tein Reviews!!!!! My SSP are here!!!!

well i just got my ssp today. all i could say is wow. they sure look awesome. all i have to do is wait for tomm to install it at a local shop. Well tomm morning i will be at the shop. after that i plan to test them out to see how they work i still have to get an alignment and some brand new tires and then the real performance test can be achieved. i plan to rite a nice review on them after i get then put on. i also planning on writing another review when i install the Quaife LSD ( which should come out soon becasue it appears already on the Quaife Priclist), the new tires. i have the trd sway bar and the hotchiks strut bar. Then Later THE TURBO REVIEW. If anybody has any any reviews on the tein basic, ss, or ssp post here.

A special thanks to Keith from Illusive Motorsports. Great guy i will always find a way to help u out even when he is not at work. Great deals too
Old 01-12-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the ssp's and love them also have the trd rear swaybar dc strut bar and hotchkis rear arm's still have stock tires to cheep to replace them when they still have plenty of tread left. just dont slam thecar all the way down to the ground i only lowered the car about 1.75 inche's then i set the edfc to about between 4-8 i normaly run 6 front and rear you can go firmer but it is not very pleasant to drive. if you cotact rammaudio he could probly give you some set up info
Old 01-12-2006, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recently installed the SS-P and I enjoy them so far. They aren't as stiff as I was expecting from all of the posts in this forum. The handling is greatly improved but the only thing I can compare to is stock.

Question: doesn't anybody know if the dampening on the front and rear shocks are the same? In other words does level 4 on the front and level 4 on the rear offer the same dampening force? I've heard it's ideal to match dampening forces with the spring rates and since the rear rates are higher, the rear shocks should be a bit firmer. Does anybody know if Tein has already factored that into the dampening levels or do we have to manually match them? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

WHat setting does someone have without the EDFC?
Old 01-13-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edfc and manuel setting's are the same thing as far as setup what you want to do is drive the car than do your adjustments if the rear is loose than you can soften the rear if you need more front than soften the front it is all personal taste but you should start off with a setup that feel's good than go from there.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I run zero front and 6 rear. Super stiff = super fun i don't drive my car b/c it's "comfortable," I drive it b/c it's fun

If you don't have the EDFC, the setting is essentially what you choose to have it at. You adjust what level you want it at. A certain tuning shop broke one of my EDFC motors when adjusting the ride heighth somehow (I just bought new wheels and needed to raise it about an inch), so I haven't really gotten too much of a chance to play.

I can tell you though, and my g/f certainly can (who owns a stock suspension tC), EDFC = wow. I've scared the crap out of her so many times b/c she's used to taking particular turns near our area at certain speeds and I'm going somewhere near double her speeds without a chirp in the stock tires. "That scared the hell out of me....that's hot."
Old 01-20-2006, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey DP.. I want a ride too
Old 01-20-2006, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

teins ss-p the right way to do suspension
Old 01-20-2006, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boostedscion
Hey DP.. I want a ride too
lol, show up to the scion kickoff show on Saturday and you can see....unfortunately one of the EDFC motors broke last week...waiting on the warranty right now. :\
Old 01-20-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how did they break the edfc motor was it the wires coming out or something else.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i run 14 up front and 12 out in the rear.. i like it very stiff..
Old 01-22-2006, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't know how it happened, and neither do they. All they were doing was adjusting the ride heighth, so the shock was in place the entire time. For whatever reason, one of the EDFC motors no long has a connection from the motor to the end of the wire. They said that it was "pinched" or something....yet, there's no pinch marks.

I think Tein is trying to screw me out of a motor. But I dunno.

Also, Hawk, that's closest to the loosest possible setting. Seeing as how 16 means soft as possible...you get the idea.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I run zero front and 6 rear. Super stiff = super fun i don't drive my car b/c it's "comfortable," I drive it b/c it's fun
i run 14 up front and 12 out in the rear.. i like it very stiff..
They both said they like it very stiff. What is stiff on the ssp 0 or 14?

Rick C.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

0 = stiffest

16 = softest

Hawk = doesn't know
Old 01-25-2006, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah the lower the number the stiffer the ride
Old 01-25-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank guys I just order my set of SS-P and I will have them next week, I can’t wait. But what you really adjust is the rebound not the spring of curse, so all you are doing is:
0=stiffer so the spring don’t bounce?
16=soft the spring will bounce more?
Do I have that correct?

Rick C.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the dampening is adjusted for compression and rebound not just rebound when you adjust ride height you are adjusting only the height not spring rate if you want to change that you will have to buy new spring's
Old 01-25-2006, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks; I guest I have to play with it went I get them.

Rick C.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah you will be happy with them just make sure you get the car aligned a couple of week's after you install them that way the spring's can settel.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im sorry to sound like a jerk.. but you guys should really read the installation instructions...
FROM THE MANUAL:
When Shipped from the manufacturer, the adjustment **** was set at the hardest setting(FULLY CLOCKWISE). Confrim that the adjustment ****(located at the top of the piston rod) has not been moved from this position.
1. Use the included wrench( HEX wrench) to turn the adjustment **** on the top of the piston rod to the HARDEST SETTING(FULLY CLOCKWISE GUYS)-that means to the right, which means THE HIGHER THE NUMBER THE STIFFER IT IS

come on guys.. dont get a product and not read the installation manual..

p.s. if you guys are running low numbers on your dampeners, then you dont know what STIFF is.. HAHAHA

quick question.. how many of you did your own install??

Quick Reply: Tein Reviews!!!!! My SSP are here!!!!