Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tein SSP Coilover and Tein EDFC

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Default Tein SSP Coilover and Tein EDFC

So i hear that the Tein basic coilovers are really stiff and shouldnt be used for every day driving so i was thinkin about the Tein SSP coilovers and the Tein EDFC so i could raise and lower my car for when i wanted to drive fast and stiff and when i wanted to drive for everyday driving (Soft). wat do u guys think???
Old 07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The tein super streets have the same spring rate (stiffness) as the tein basics, and you cannot adjust ride height with the EDFC (electronic damping force controller) what you can modify is the shock rebound rate (shock stiffness) or damping force by changing the oil transfer rate through the bypass in the piston - what changes ride height is compressing the spring because the car rests on the spring.

Also on the tein basics you can't adjust damping force, but you can adjust ride height.

Reducing the shock stiffness will make the car a bit more comfortable to ride, but it will be more bouncy (as in hitting our head on the ceiling over bumps) - The teins are very stiff, I would suggest finding someone to ride with in the car over some bumpy roads and maybe slight potholes before you make your decision.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

o thanx that totally changes my opinion on the SSP's. so should i just get the tein basics cause im pretty tall and my head probably would hit the roof with the bounciness. i do know that all the tein coilovers are stiff but i hear they have one of the best handling. wat do u recommned i do: get the ssp's with the EDFC or just the basics???
Old 07-23-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i have the SSp with edfc and they are stiff but def not uncomfortable. I drive my car everyday and drove it all the way to maryland and back (1600+ miles) and they didnt bother me at all. They are a great setup for daily use, they have a great control of the road.

I would def reccomend them