Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tokico Blues

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Why is Swift considered trash? I have read good reviews about them.....granted, they were probably not spring experts or anything but good none the less.
My rule of thumb is that if it's not a brand with OEM quality parts, then it's not worth putting on the car. I have heard nightmare stories about Swifts in the Honda world.

Progress is TRD for example. H&R are proven. Eibach is proven and OEM etc..
Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahhh...I see. Thanks for the insight.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the H&R sport springs with The Tokico Blues and I love them. Ride is great. I got rid of alot of sway from that alone. I parted out my sway bars but it still handles great. add a rear sway and it rides nice and tight.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Please dont cheap out on suspension!!! Also maybe Ack154 will see this cause i believe he still has the H&R and tokico set-up like me and he auto-x and does really well. Or PM him.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome....at least it sounds like Tokicos are winners along with the Progress rear sway. I think the H&R drop too much so I will probably go with Eibach's then. Like Paul said, proven spring. Trust me, I am not going cheap but I do not want unnecessary stuff on my car when not needed. I already cheaped out on the exhaust and now I am already thinking about switching it.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^The H&R race are about a 2" drop, while the H&R sport are about a 1.4" drop. Perfect IMO. Eibach Prokit is about 1.2 which is also good.

And I agree, proven parts FTW.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad you guys chimed in, sounds like I'll go with the H&R Sports.

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Awesome....at least it sounds like Tokicos are winners along with the Progress rear sway. I think the H&R drop too much so I will probably go with Eibach's then. Like Paul said, proven spring. Trust me, I am not going cheap but I do not want unnecessary stuff on my car when not needed. I already cheaped out on the exhaust and now I am already thinking about switching it.
The drop is 1.4 front 1.3 rear, just .2 and .1 more than the Eibachs. I was looking at those as well until I heard that they were rather stiff and decided I would be better off with something else since I DD my car.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by carben100
I'm glad you guys chimed in, sounds like I'll go with the H&R Sports.

The drop is 1.4 front 1.3 rear, just .2 and .1 more than the Eibachs. I was looking at those as well until I heard that they were rather stiff and decided I would be better off with something else since I DD my car.
Which springs were you looking at compared to now?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been looking at TRDs, Eibach Pro Kits, H&R Sports, and Swifts. Unfortunately I can't find the spring rates for the Eibachs and the H&Rs, but I was trying to compare them based on that since the drop is very similar for all 4.

From what I've been reading I think I'd be happiest with the H&Rs, the fact that it drops a tiny bit more in the front doesn't hurt either.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, the H&Rs sound good. Now I just need to find someone who sells them. The Eibachs are easy.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcday
with any drop you get you'll need an alignment no matter what to fix your ish.........i'm on stech right now with negative camber and my wear is even.....as long as your toe is on point you should be good

Not necessarily. I have the TRD whites (1" all around) and my car remained very well within spec. No uneven wear and car handles great.

Originally Posted by carben100
I've been looking at TRDs, Eibach Pro Kits, H&R Sports, and Swifts. Unfortunately I can't find the spring rates for the Eibachs and the H&Rs, but I was trying to compare them based on that since the drop is very similar for all 4.

From what I've been reading I think I'd be happiest with the H&Rs, the fact that it drops a tiny bit more in the front doesn't hurt either.

I love my TRD's. Lots of hate on them because they don't drop it enough, but for me, I just wanted my wheel gap gone. Handles better too. Didn't have to replace my struts either. Very inexpensive suspension upgrade that really made a night and day different. Still a very happy customer.