Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD COILOVERS!! SINCE WHEN!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007 | 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
these cant be the same as progress... dont the progresses go all the to a 3-4 inch drop?
kinda like how the trd/vortech supercharger runs 7 psi, but it is built to handle up to 25 psi. just because they don't sell it at it's full potential doesn't mean that it isn't a rebadged something else.
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well I'm about 99.99% sure that they are made by progress but they still aren't available from TRD so it kind of whatever.
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
Originally Posted by redwar1441
I dunno, coilovers shuld be percision suspension components for racing while springs are for show and budget. You just want to look they part buy springs you actually want to do some racing buy some nice fully adjustable coilovers. But as with everything theres still junk out there on the market.
I strongly disagree, street-class coilovers don't need to have damper adjustment if they have proper spring and damper rates. In fact, I think the current crop of adjustable coilovers for the tC probably do more harm than good in terms of handling versus nonadjustable because most of their owners have no idea what they are adjusting and how it relates to the performance of their suspension. The fact is NONE of the coilovers available for the tC are for track use, they're all for street performance and fashion; none of them have separate adjustable compression and rebound rates and the travel (stroke) is too long for serious track use.
how about the jic coilovers?
Old 05-08-2007 | 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
Originally Posted by davedavetC
these cant be the same as progress... dont the progresses go all the to a 3-4 inch drop?
kinda like how the trd/vortech supercharger runs 7 psi, but it is built to handle up to 25 psi. just because they don't sell it at it's full potential doesn't mean that it isn't a rebadged something else.
true true
Old 05-08-2007 | 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

iF u wanna take ur ride and slamm it for the show....then get airbags!!, leave the coilovers for performance needs!!
Old 05-08-2007 | 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by ashiva
Those are street-class coiovers as well, they lack separate compression and rebound adjustments, and the spring rates are too soft.
Old 05-09-2007 | 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are street-class coiovers as well, they lack separate compression and rebound adjustments, and the spring rates are too soft.

i wish someone made a cilover with seperatly adjustable high/low speed compression and rebund dampening.
Old 05-09-2007 | 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you dont necessarily need an external resovoir to be a race spec coilover, ALOT of racers use your everyday coilover with custom valving and spring rates.. mind you this is in the lower classes of racing, but it is racing none the less.
Old 05-09-2007 | 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by FLINT
1-1.5 drop for 1100 is quite craptacular
Yeah, because for free, you can remove your springs and get killer drop

More to suspension than drop.
Old 05-09-2007 | 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
you dont necessarily need an external resovoir to be a race spec coilover, ALOT of racers use your everyday coilover with custom valving and spring rates.. mind you this is in the lower classes of racing, but it is racing none the less.
I never said you need external reservoirs, but if you want a true race-class coilover, you need the option of separate rebound/compression adjustment, and/or you need the ability to custom valve and select spring rates for a proper setup per track, otherwise, your coilovers are mainly for daily driving. And yes, many club racers use street-class coilovers, but they are not originally designed for racing and I wouldn't use them for wheel-to-wheel racing.
Old 05-09-2007 | 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very true.. but i figure if you can get that ideal set up everyone longs for.. where your dampening matches your spring rates ideally.. then you should be set, however track conditions can change, and you may want change as well, so i guess your right.

i wont be doing wheel to wheel in my tC, only time trial so i should be fine.
Old 05-10-2007 | 11:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by redwar1441
I dunno, coilovers shuld be percision suspension components for racing while springs are for show and budget. You just want to look they part buy springs you actually want to do some racing buy some nice fully adjustable coilovers. But as with everything theres still junk out there on the market.
I strongly disagree, street-class coilovers don't need to have damper adjustment if they have proper spring and damper rates. In fact, I think the current crop of adjustable coilovers for the tC probably do more harm than good in terms of handling versus nonadjustable because most of their owners have no idea what they are adjusting and how it relates to the performance of their suspension. The fact is NONE of the coilovers available for the tC are for track use, they're all for street performance and fashion; none of them have separate adjustable compression and rebound rates and the travel (stroke) is too long for serious track use.
and the TRUTH SHALL SET U FREE
Old 06-10-2007 | 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

their now available, too much if you ask me! Who's gonna be the guinea pig?

http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=2573
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes their now available, I saw them on TRDusa last weekend.
Old 06-14-2007 | 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I can confirm this as well. They have been available since June 1st actually. No one likes to foward things to us though so we're a little behind. They should be up on our site before the end of the day.
Old 06-14-2007 | 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can now "build your scion" with these.

they cost about 1400, which is kinda a rip, because you can get the progress for 1100 which are the same thing.
Old 06-14-2007 | 07:24 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tC9o9
you can now "build your scion" with these.

they cost about 1400, which is kinda a rip, because you can get the progress for 1100 which are the same thing.
Almost the same thing.
Old 06-14-2007 | 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

really? is there a difference?

and im not being sarcastic, im being serious.
Old 06-14-2007 | 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

There are but to be honest i couldn't tell you because I don't have detailed specs on the TRD coilovers. I do know that they are made by progeress but when TRD has a company make parts for them they buy the rights to whatever it is they have made. So there have to be slight differences so there isn't a conflict between the to.

That's my PC answer btw. lol
Old 06-14-2007 | 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its all good, thanks for the reply.

i guess only time will tell how these are. thats pretty awesome though, do you know of any manufacturer that sells a car equipped with coilovers

I <3 Scion

Quick Reply: TRD COILOVERS!! SINCE WHEN!!