Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD Struts & Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question TRD Struts & Lowering Springs

Okay, so I've been doing my research over the past few days (here on scionlife) and I am most likely going to be upgrading to TRD Struts & Lowering Springs, however there are two things I want to be clear on...

1) I've seen people comment that you should wait a "little while" after installing lowering springs to get an alignement so the springs can "settle in." Is this true? (If so how long and how is this not bad for the tires??)

2) Regardless of when I would get the alignment, is it a 4 wheel alignment that is necessay or just the fronts?

I'm not a noob to modifying cars but I've never dealt with this issue (lowering) before so forgive the questions if they seem obvious but I want to make sure that I know what i'm talking about when I take the car, eventually, to have everything put on.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JLFIII
Okay, so I've been doing my research over the past few days (here on scionlife) and I am most likely going to be upgrading to TRD Struts & Lowering Springs, however there are two things I want to be clear on...

1) I've seen people comment that you should wait a "little while" after installing lowering springs to get an alignement so the springs can "settle in." Is this true? (If so how long and how is this not bad for the tires??)

2) Regardless of when I would get the alignment, is it a 4 wheel alignment that is necessay or just the fronts?

I'm not a noob to modifying cars but I've never dealt with this issue (lowering) before so forgive the questions if they seem obvious but I want to make sure that I know what i'm talking about when I take the car, eventually, to have everything put on.
If they are all new, yes wait a few weeks to have them settle in. it is a 4 wheel alignment correct....if u get worried about camber eating ur tires.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also depends how much driving you do. I do about 450 miles a week, which would be more than enough to let them settle. And yes, you definitely want a "four wheel alignment".
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mxyooji
If they are all new, yes wait a few weeks to have them settle in. it is a 4 wheel alignment correct....if u get worried about camber eating ur tires.
Well I'm going to need tires real soon, so would you recommend doing this before getting new treads?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recommend waiting a few weeks after installing springs. Let them settle in, then do the alignment.