Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD suspension for Tc

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD suspension for Tc

Hey does anyone know how much the dealer is charging to install the trd spings, shocks, and sway bar for? Or a ballpark figure of how much i will be spending? thanx guys. . .
Old 04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TRD suspension for Tc

Originally Posted by VeronP17
Hey does anyone know how much the dealer is charging to install the trd spings, shocks, and sway bar for? Or a ballpark figure of how much i will be spending? thanx guys. . .
I was quoted $400 for all 3 put on by the dealer.... Ask them how much just for the shocks/struts first.....THEN after you get the price, add the springs and see if they raise the price. The springs have to come out anyway to do the shocks/struts and they will try to charge you hours for both products.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its pretty rediculous through the dealer, but you do get the whole intalation warranty dealio
Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

I'm paying about $300 for springs/sway bar

no shocks at this time.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tahnx guys....yeah i figured if i want the warranty the dealership has to do it which sucks but i'll deal i guess
Old 04-12-2005, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at my dealer the install was included. i thought it was the same for all? but i know they charge extra for the sway bar.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I was quoted about $550 for install and alignment. Remember to make sure they align it after all the work.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$550 for install... Wow... I think my dealer quoted me $450...

I don't get it... I think the standard per hour labor cost is about $70. How the hell can a dealership take 7 hours to install and align springs with all the perfect tools and a nice lift? Should be 3-4 hours max.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh, good thread...good to know how much that would cost me to install at dealer!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is what my dealer is charging me for labor...

TRD Shocks/Struts/Springs - $420.00
TRD Swaybar - $60.00
TRD Quick Shifter - $90.00
Alignment - $89.95

Labor Total = $659.95.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i asked my dealer, they said it takes pretty much the whole day cause when changing the struts in the rear, they have to pretty much take out every panel and stuff to get to the the strut bolts. my dealer said they could hook me up at 25/hr if i buy all the parts from them
Old 04-12-2005, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Boobala

TRD Swaybar - $60.00
Alignment - $89.95

Labor Total = $659.95.
you're getting the sway bar installed at the dealer? $70!? wow that's a lot. I don't even think i paid that much for my rear bar. i picked it up on sale last year for i think $70 or $80 shipped. makes me feel good to know how much i'm saving from doing all my own work. springs going in once it warms up, which is very soon
Old 04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brian
Originally Posted by Boobala

TRD Swaybar - $60.00
Alignment - $89.95

Labor Total = $659.95.
you're getting the sway bar installed at the dealer? $70!? wow that's a lot. I don't even think i paid that much for my rear bar. i picked it up on sale last year for i think $70 or $80 shipped. makes me feel good to know how much i'm saving from doing all my own work. springs going in once it warms up, which is very soon
It's all being rolled into the car loan. Otherwise I'd do it myself.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

1) the install is free *if* you buy those parts at time of sale. At least at my dealership.

2) Lol, it doesn't take all day to do the struts....I've talked to several people here who have done them, it's closer to 2-4 hours, depending how experienced you are. The dealer telling you that it takes all day, b/c you have to take out the interior is full of crap, and is not being hoenst with you. There are tutorials on this site about disassembling the eniter car. Regardless, I will be doing both TRD springs/struts this weekend myself. I will let you know how long it takes me, including the amount of time to do the writeup.

3) your warranty is still intact if the dealer does not install the parts. They would have to prove that the parts were installed incorecctly (and actually caused a problem) before they could void the warranty. How would they know that *a* dealer did not install the parts??? They would only know that *their* dealership did not install them. There is a thread on this today....Magnussen Moss act.... searching for it will give you more than you care to read about that subject.

Hope this was helpful, and not bashing
Old 04-12-2005, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
1) the install is free *if* you buy those parts at time of sale. At least at my dealership.

2) Lol, it doesn't take all day to do the struts....I've talked to several people here who have done them, it's closer to 2-4 hours, depending how experienced you are. The dealer telling you that it takes all day, b/c you have to take out the interior is full of crap, and is not being hoenst with you. There are tutorials on this site about disassembling the eniter car. Regardless, I will be doing both TRD springs/struts this weekend myself. I will let you know how long it takes me, including the amount of time to do the writeup.

3) your warranty is still intact if the dealer does not install the parts. They would have to prove that the parts were installed incorecctly (and actually caused a problem) before they could void the warranty. How would they know that *a* dealer did not install the parts??? They would only know that *their* dealership did not install them. There is a thread on this today....Magnussen Moss act.... searching for it will give you more than you care to read about that subject.

i would like to see the write up when you're done i'll be doing the spring/strut install in a couple weeks when finals are over and when it's a little warmer. can't wait.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm really excited to do it...both the install and the writeup. I'll be taking lots of pix, so it shoudl be pretty easy to follow
Old 04-12-2005, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

F that guys...either do it yourself (it's not hard to do...just takes a while)

Or take it to a local performance shop. I was quoted $90 from a local speed shop. I doubt the warranty would be voided if it was done by a shop other than a Toyota one. It's only struts and springs for God's sake...not a Supercharger.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: TRD suspension for Tc

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Originally Posted by VeronP17
I was quoted $400 for all 3 put on by the dealer.... Ask them how much just for the shocks/struts first.....THEN after you get the price, add the springs and see if they raise the price. The springs have to come out anyway to do the shocks/struts and they will try to charge you hours for both products.
Yeah.. the dealer here quotes over $600 for springs only.... I will just install my own when I get them... I can do it in less than half the time the book quotes!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox

Install is supposed to be the same no matter when you buy them according to Scion.. but the service departments are trying to jack up the prices on the parts and labor if you dont get it with the car.. For example, the dealer I bought mine from has the AEM intake (yes, I know its not out yet... mine is on backorder through the dealer) listed for $475 installed... yet after purchase of the car they are trying to charge almost $600 installed. The people in scion sales told be they had just been to a class on the scion parts and that the service department is not allowed to raise the price!!!! So talk closely with the Scion salespeople when you buy the parts after the fact, do not let the service dept overcharge you!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

instead of paying an extra $300+ for installation, i bought a craftsman tool set and installed it myself. I got the tools (tools are manly) and the satisfaction of working on my car. it took me a whole day to install the springs/struts cuz im a newbie, but im proud of my self. priceless :D

Quick Reply: TRD suspension for Tc