Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD suspension for Tc

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
3) your warranty is still intact if the dealer does not install the parts. They would have to prove that the parts were installed incorecctly (and actually caused a problem) before they could void the warranty. How would they know that *a* dealer did not install the parts??? They would only know that *their* dealership did not install them. There is a thread on this today....Magnussen Moss act.... searching for it will give you more than you care to read about that subject.

Hope this was helpful, and not bashing
True, your warranty on the car is still intact. The warranty on the TRD parts damaging any other parts does not get enforced unless a Toyota dealer installs it. The TRD part is still warranted for a year or whatever if you install it yourself.

I thought there was also mention of some central Toyota computer network that any dealer could see the work log on a car done at any other Toyota dealer? Is this fact or fiction? If so, they'd easily be able to see who or who didn't install your parts.

I did my exhaust with help from my dad, I just don't feel comfortable tackling the suspension work, plus I've heard horror stories of spring compressors slipping and people getting hurt. I just feel better about letting the dealer do the suspension install. However, from this thread I'm going to make sure they don't double charge me on springs/strut labor since the springs have to come off anyway.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:47 AM
pkg
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I paid ~$1100 for the springs and struts installed at the dealer. It is worth it in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mancide

I thought there was also mention of some central Toyota computer network that any dealer could see the work log on a car done at any other Toyota dealer? Is this fact or fiction? If so, they'd easily be able to see who or who didn't install your parts.

I did my exhaust with help from my dad, I just don't feel comfortable tackling the suspension work, plus I've heard horror stories of spring compressors slipping and people getting hurt. I just feel better about letting the dealer do the suspension install. However, from this thread I'm going to make sure they don't double charge me on springs/strut labor since the springs have to come off anyway.
There is a central database, but I've talked to service guys and they've told me that it isn't perfect, that sometimes stuff just does not get put in, because the service guys didnt create a ticket for it. I bought the spoiler, auto dim rear view mirror, and foglights from the dealer at time of purchase of the car. None of those items are in the database.

I just did my springs/struts this weekend (write up with pics to be posted later this week). It really wasn't too bad at all!
Old 04-18-2005, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TRD suspension for Tc

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Originally Posted by VeronP17
Hey does anyone know how much the dealer is charging to install the trd spings, shocks, and sway bar for? Or a ballpark figure of how much i will be spending? thanx guys. . .
I was quoted $400 for all 3 put on by the dealer.... Ask them how much just for the shocks/struts first.....THEN after you get the price, add the springs and see if they raise the price. The springs have to come out anyway to do the shocks/struts and they will try to charge you hours for both products.
DAMN! My dealer wanted over $1300 for just the shocks an springs. I said No way jose and just did it myself! for $400 I would have let him do it in a heartbeat lol