Notices

5zigen FN01R-C Wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 5zigen FN01R-C Wheels...

I am really interested in these wheels and I was asking advice on what size to get and what color... I was thinking of either a Hyper Black or a Silver rim... and as far as size, I was looking at 18x7.5 or 17x8... here are some pics of the difference of the colors...

The silver...

The Hyper Black...

This will be going on an NBM tC so which do you think would match best? What price would be a good price to pay? Also on the offset, they only offer either +35 or +48 offset, wouldn't the +35 be the only one that could fit??? Just making sure

Stephen
Old 02-20-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was looking into getting those rims also, but the bronze color. Imo i'd get the silver for your car, gun metal works for darker cars, well to me it does.

I think people are running 48 offset but rub on the bumps. Im not too sure so correct me if im wrong.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gcxandy
I was looking into getting those rims also, but the bronze color. Imo i'd get the silver for your car, gun metal works for darker cars, well to me it does.

I think people are running 48 offset but rub on the bumps. Im not too sure so correct me if im wrong.
Thanks for the info! I was looking at the Hyper black just because its a darker silver and I think it would blend in well with the NBM... especially when I get my tail lights tinted... I wish I could see the wheels on my car before I buy them!!! I found on Edgeracing.com these with tires for $1189 (probably not including shipping!) or $222 a piece for 18x7.5 Hyperblacks... just let me know what you think, any info or insight would be great! Also pics would be most appreciated!

Stephen
Old 02-20-2006, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the wheels pictured above look like they are a wide/high offset model for 240sx/350z/g35 coupe. unfortunately the tC's size wont look so sunk in.

in person i've seen 18x8 et35 and 17x8 et35 on a tc. looks tight.

18x8, et35 i'm told
Old 02-20-2006, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HKSpeed
the wheels pictured above look like they are a wide/high offset model for 240sx/350z/g35 coupe. unfortunately the tC's size wont look so sunk in.

in person i've seen 18x8 et35 and 17x8 et35 on a tc. looks tight.

18x8, et35 i'm told
Yeah I believe you are right, too bad these wont work though! So in the pic they are 18x8? I thought they only made them in a 18x7.5 or 18x8.5, not 8... Anyone have pics of the Hyperback??? Thanks!

Stephen
Old 02-20-2006, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hyper black close up (17x10 for S14 240sx. lol)

bottom:17x8 et35
top: 17x9 et20
bronze and hyperblack
Old 02-20-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want to keep your performance stick with the 17" rims. if you want a little more bling and can scrifice some some performance and handling ability then 18s MAX is what you want. im going to get a set of these in 17" for my SW.

i saw though gunmetal.. i dont like hyper black.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5Zigens kick ****! Get Hyper Black. Sometimes the rims look dark grey, sometimes they look silver. Just depends on how the light is hitting it. I have some pictures of my 5Zigens in Hyper Black. I'll post a couple here...5Zigens 18" RX-6 Hyper Black w/35mm Offset (Before TRD Springs)

And this is after my TRD Springs

Good luck with what you choose! I hope my pix helped.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5zigens rule! i cant decide between the 5 and 6 spoke. they both look soooo good.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 02-20-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
5Zigens kick ****! Get Hyper Black. Sometimes the rims look dark grey, sometimes they look silver. Just depends on how the light is hitting it. I have some pictures of my 5Zigens in Hyper Black.....
very very nice!!! I am about positive I want to go with Hyper Black now! The only question is should I go with 18x7.5 or 17x8??? Will both wheels be flush with the body? On the performance note, is it that noticable of a difference? I am planning on getting the Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 suspension setup from TRD Sparks as well, so which wheel size would be better off?? Thanks for all your input and keep it coming!

Stephen
Old 02-20-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ycart1201
5zigens rule! i cant decide between the 5 and 6 spoke. they both look soooo good.

Nathan
ycart1201
I agree with you, they both look real sweet!!! The reason I chose the 5 spoke design is because I have always loved the look of the 5 spokes, plus I believe they are lighter and have a little better prices I believe! The 5 spokes just suit my taste and needs all around! Pic whichever appeals to your needs/eyes more and you will be very happy I am sure! Anyone know if you can get different center caps??? J/w, also any other price figures??? All very good info everyone! Very nice pics HKSpeed, put me over the edge on the Hyper Black!

Stephen
Old 02-21-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I need your help too with this.....Im interested in the same rims. I own an indigo ink pearl with the trd drop. Can you guys help me with the color and the offset. Also I been doing my share of research on the wheels, if i remember correctly the stock rims is 20pounds...Why would 18 x 7.5 hurt performance, if they are actually lighter (17.5pounds) than the stock ones? So thats a savings of 10 pounds. Im not sure about the stock tire weight but i read it was around 24pounds.... So if i go with my planned tires toyo t1R weighting at 23 pounds i will save 14 pounds between tires and rims... Guys correct me if im wrong Oh my car has tinted taillights and the chrome grill...so pleasse help me out with the offset and the color..thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stock wheels weigh somewhere from 22.5 lbs to 23.5 lbs.

They would hurt performance, ultimately, due to the law of conservation of angular momentum. It's something like velocity is inversely proportional to weight and distance. So with less weight, you get more momentum but at the same time, you increase distance from the center to the edge of the weight so you'd get a hit in velocity. A savings of a few pounds may offset the extra distance. Just don't spring for 19's you know? These 18's are good. Bigger wheels basically mean less side wall so you'll have slightly improved cornering due to the lesser sidewall flex.

For all out performance in a straight line though, go with 16's. For all out performance in the twisties.. it's probably best to stick to 17's or 18's.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These rims are really the best bang for the buck. BUT !! You just have to look out for pot holes and speed bumps because THEY WILL dent. Just keep that in mind.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by curryBOWL
These rims are really the best bang for the buck. BUT !! You just have to look out for pot holes and speed bumps because THEY WILL dent. Just keep that in mind.
thanks for the info and here in the missouri we have quiet possibly the worst roads in America!!! What size tire were you riding on?? I will just drive slow and be extra attentive!

Stephen
Old 02-21-2006, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yankee21
I need your help too with this.....Im interested in the same rims. I own an indigo ink pearl with the trd drop. Can you guys help me with the color and the offset. Also I been doing my share of research on the wheels, if i remember correctly the stock rims is 20pounds...Why would 18 x 7.5 hurt performance, if they are actually lighter (17.5pounds) than the stock ones? So thats a savings of 10 pounds. Im not sure about the stock tire weight but i read it was around 24pounds.... So if i go with my planned tires toyo t1R weighting at 23 pounds i will save 14 pounds between tires and rims... Guys correct me if im wrong Oh my car has tinted taillights and the chrome grill...so pleasse help me out with the offset and the color..thanks
If I were you, since you have the IIP and the chrome grill I would go silver... I think silver would go better with the lighter blue and the chrome grill... just my .02 cents though... Also, the 18 is more like 18.5 pounds or so, but still less then those stockers

Stephen
Old 02-21-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
Stock wheels weigh somewhere from 22.5 lbs to 23.5 lbs.

They would hurt performance, ultimately, due to the law of conservation of angular momentum. It's something like velocity is inversely proportional to weight and distance. So with less weight, you get more momentum but at the same time, you increase distance from the center to the edge of the weight so you'd get a hit in velocity. A savings of a few pounds may offset the extra distance. Just don't spring for 19's you know? These 18's are good. Bigger wheels basically mean less side wall so you'll have slightly improved cornering due to the lesser sidewall flex.

For all out performance in a straight line though, go with 16's. For all out performance in the twisties.. it's probably best to stick to 17's or 18's.

stock wheels weigh 19lbs
Old 02-21-2006, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So silver is the top color choice right now... How about the et? 35? or 48? Remember im drop with the trd springs + shocks....
Old 02-21-2006, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never ever go with an offset higher than 40 unless you have a 9.5 or 10 inch wide wheel. you can fit anything 40 and higher (like the stock wheel), but it will look terrible since the wheels will sit so far in. you will not rub on an offset higher than 35 unless your car is ungodly slammed or you have tremendously wide wheels and equally wide tires.

offsets of 45 and higher belong on Subaru's, which will fit quite nicely.
for a tC, if the your wheel is 8 inches wide or less, 35 offset is PERFECT. conversely a 35 offset wheel on a Subaru will stick out (literally) like a sore thumb.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So if i go with 18 x 7.5 with a 48 et....and 225/40/18 tires will i rub?

Quick Reply: 5zigen FN01R-C Wheels...