58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Continental Extreme Contact Tires Vs. Kumho Ecsta Asx Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also what is the expected mileage from a set of tire he/she wants. Sticky tires don't last and as a rule of thumb I've always said that for every 100 of a tires UTQG rating an aggressive driver might get 6k to 8k miles while an average person should get 8k to 12k miles. Noting the aggressive driver will run at higher PSIs then the average person would be. And that's before any added negative camber is added for better cornering.

This is just my own rule based on my past tires (Kumho 712, Falken Azenis, Eagle F1 GS-D3 and Hankook R-S2 Z212) life spans since I began driving like a crazy person.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SavedByZero
But has anyone brought up the Fuzion ZRi tire yet?? Very high marks, 320 UTQG rating, $85 for a 215/45-17 and Fuzion is tire made for the tuner market by Bridgestone.

==> http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....del=ZRi#Survey

I have Fuzion tires and they are horrible. The life span is tremendous. You can burn out at every light and the tread looks exactly the same. Horrible traction in wet conditions but is good at higher speeds at getting the water away with such deep channels.

I like the Kumhos. They have more traction than my Fuzions. It doesn't take as long for the Kumhos to hook up compared to the Fuzions. I also would drive 70 mph in the rain on Kumhos with no worries.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoboCop
Originally Posted by SavedByZero
But has anyone brought up the Fuzion ZRi tire yet?? Very high marks, 320 UTQG rating, $85 for a 215/45-17 and Fuzion is tire made for the tuner market by Bridgestone.

==> http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....del=ZRi#Survey

I have Fuzion tires and they are horrible. The life span is tremendous. You can burn out at every light and the tread looks exactly the same. Horrible traction in wet conditions but is good at higher speeds at getting the water away with such deep channels.

I like the Kumhos. They have more traction than my Fuzions. It doesn't take as long for the Kumhos to hook up compared to the Fuzions. I also would drive 70 mph in the rain on Kumhos with no worries.
Do you have the HRi, VRi or ZRi Fuzions?? Cause Tirerack.Com rate the HRi and ZRi very highly in both dry and wet traction.