Notices

CUSTOM RIMS ON *** PICS PAGE 9,10 ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^^ I don't think people are "hating" I didn't read all the pages - NO WHEELS are worth 12 pages
But, I think people wondering why someone would spend $5200+ on rims/rubber for a $17k car are legit questions.
Building a "show tC" is about like building a show VW Bug - there's a ton of 'em, and frankly, the car is at the end of it's run in the current form.
We're all free to do what we want, but I count myself in the "I don't get it" group.

Scott
Old 05-20-2007, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

thats true, not matter how many shows i went to i couldnt justify spending 5k on wheels and losing my girlfriend for a few trophys but ben doesnt care i guess
Old 05-20-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
thats true, not matter how many shows i went to i couldnt justify spending 5k on wheels and losing my girlfriend for a few trophys but ben doesnt care i guess
You'd have to put your girl to WORK to get that kinda green
Old 05-20-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

fu<k that! haha id rather roll on stockers!
Old 05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I expected the fitment to look a little better. not worth 4k IMO. I'll stick with my 16x8 sportmax 501's for 400 bucks a set shipped.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how is the fitment off? if they sat out anymore i'd be hitting the fender?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly guys, half the people on this site wont understand because they bought the car because it was cheap and looks good. I bought it to build into a competitive show car that I hope to gain national recognition in the media and shows. Now to be competitive in the show scene and have a recognized car you need the highest quality products on your car. This means that sometimes you have to pay to play to get these more prestigious wheels.

Go buy Motegis and Konigs and then buy a set of Volks. I did. People's perception of my car has changed significantly with the change in wheels. Also, the difference in quality is quite evident.

I agree, people aren't hating because they just don't know how important custom wheels or high quality wheels are to people building show cars or customizing their cars to be shown. All I know is that these wheels are top of the line and that they are a great investment.

Ben, again, man those wheels are awesome.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just because you pay 5k for a set of wheels doesnt necessarily mean that they are going to get better or more recognition than a set of 1k wheels.

you say he has 10" rims in the back, but in no way or shape do they look like it, the tires are small and the wheel has little to no lip.

you may think that EVERYONE on this forum bought the car because it is cheap, which i am sure it it true, but what the hell is a COMPETITIVE SHOW CAR? i bought my tC to be a comptetive TRACK car.. im buying a set of enkei RPF1's and those are only 200 bucks a piece, 800 DOLLARS set, and i think they are much better than his wheels.

who in the world would htink of buying 19x10 wheels for a FWD car? only scion & vw's.

PS: You will have a greater chance of getting coverage in a magazine, or your own feature by actually taking your car to a track and actually using it for its purpose.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't saying everyone bought it for its affordability, I was just saying a lot of people have. I'm saying that buying custom wheels or forged wheels better your chances at competing with others at shows. I'm sorry if I offended you cause you seem to be responding quite aggressively.

I just was stating that the more high end modifications you do the better your chances are at winning shows, gaining media coverage etc.

What I meant by someone building a competitive show car, I was referring to someone taking it the next level beyond just bolt on modifications adding a little flavor to a stock car. Once someone takes that step towards a more custom route it becomes a whole new game.

Again, please no hostility, I was trying to offer some insight on why he may have chosen to customize his car in such a fashion. I am sorry if I came off as accusing or trolling or whatever.

I personally am not a fan of staggered setups myself mainly because they are a sort of oxymoron on a FWD car, but I do have to say it looks nice on Nebster's car.

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone or came off as condescending etc.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
uhhh that what fender rolling tools are for. you wanna be "custom" then thats what you do. hell i didn't just roll i CUT my fenders. if you rolled tham you'd have more room and then you'd need to space them out and defeat the purpose of you 10in wheels with 93 offset. thinks about it ....HOW ARE THEY FLUSH IF THEY AREN'T EVEN HITTING THE INNER LIP OF THE FENDER!?!?!?! and for you people that are say i'm hating because i dont understand why he's spend that much that just stupid. just because i cost a lot doesn't make em fit right and make em any better. i was gonna drop that much on wheels until i had an accident and needed wheels asap. so i had to settle on only spending 1400 on wheels instead of the 2g's+ i was gonna drop on works. you still didn't answer my ? of what the offset is.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
I wasn't saying everyone bought it for its affordability, I was just saying a lot of people have. I'm saying that buying custom wheels or forged wheels better your chances at competing with others at shows. I'm sorry if I offended you cause you seem to be responding quite aggressively.

I just was stating that the more high end modifications you do the better your chances are at winning shows, gaining media coverage etc.

What I meant by someone building a competitive show car, I was referring to someone taking it the next level beyond just bolt on modifications adding a little flavor to a stock car. Once someone takes that step towards a more custom route it becomes a whole new game.

Again, please no hostility, I was trying to offer some insight on why he may have chosen to customize his car in such a fashion. I am sorry if I came off as accusing or trolling or whatever.

I personally am not a fan of staggered setups myself mainly because they are a sort of oxymoron on a FWD car, but I do have to say it looks nice on Nebster's car.

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone or came off as condescending etc.
no hard feelings whatsoever, i come off like that alot, but i never mean to offend anyone.

everyone has different opinions on how they want to set up there car, i mean i can stare at show cars all day, but i would never build one.

and like i said earlier, i like the look of his rims, they are nice.. they just dont look special because they dont have anything that makes it extraordinary like a huge lip or something.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aight i get what your saying now! whew... I try not to make enemies on this site, which is difficult to avoid with so many opinions being expressed at one time in one place.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yellow_Sub
Originally Posted by nebster
uhhh that what fender rolling tools are for. you wanna be "custom" then thats what you do. hell i didn't just roll i CUT my fenders. if you rolled tham you'd have more room and then you'd need to space them out and defeat the purpose of you 10in wheels with 93 offset. thinks about it ....HOW ARE THEY FLUSH IF THEY AREN'T EVEN HITTING THE INNER LIP OF THE FENDER!?!?!?! and for you people that are say i'm hating because i dont understand why he's spend that much that just stupid. just because i cost a lot doesn't make em fit right and make em any better. i was gonna drop that much on wheels until i had an accident and needed wheels asap. so i had to settle on only spending 1400 on wheels instead of the 2g's+ i was gonna drop on works. you still didn't answer my ? of what the offset is.
they're flush bc if you'll notice i'm cambered a bit and so the bottom is actually slightly outside the wheel well.

offsets i honestly don't know but i think they're somewhere around 38 and 40 respectively to f / r
Old 05-20-2007, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

wow first off you drop several grand for custom wheels and you dont even know the offset!! now wonder they aint flush. and yes duh it's flush at the bottom!! the fender curves in!! if camber makes it not flush then get rid of the camber. you should only use it if the wheels are low offset and stick waaaay out pass the fender. this is what camber is used for and this i flush
Old 05-20-2007, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude i don't care and that just looks stupid to me.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yellow_Sub
wow first off you drop several grand for custom wheels and you dont even know the offset!! now wonder they aint flush. and yes duh it's flush at the bottom!! the fender curves in!! if camber makes it not flush then get rid of the camber. you should only use it if the wheels are low offset and stick waaaay out pass the fender. this is what camber is used for and this i flush
thats not flush, FLUSH=Equal to fender line, that sticks out.

and seriously back of already, he bought the rims, he likes them, alot of people like them, END OF STORY.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

hmmm really? not flush? dont see it out any further then the fender. and yes i know the front isn't the was SECONDS after i put them on and i didn't do the work on the front yet
Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that much camber is stupid unless its on a race car, which uhhh im assuming your xB isnt.

GTFO this thread.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is stupid. why in the hell would i want my car to look like that.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

this is why i love SL, ben you made a great choice on wheels and i cant wait to see them in person. Youll always get people that dont like what you do and youll never convince them of anything else so theres no point in arguing.

Quick Reply: CUSTOM RIMS ON *** PICS PAGE 9,10 ***