Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by TravisDTD
You will be very happy with what you get you are getting a lot of tire for your money. We ship Free. www.discounttiredirect.com, we should have them instock we well a ton of them. We will guaranty the lowest price too. If we don't have it, call us and we will match the competition. CarbonxE post up what you think when you get them, I know you will be happy but its better to hear it from your finger tips on SL then from us telling you.
I'm definitely going to buy it from you guys, I got my Cooper tires out in the Avondale, Az location and had amazing service. The cheaper Cooper tires I wanted weren't availible ($102 a piece), so they offered me the 2XS (which were about $145 each back then) for only $102 each. Add on free shipping and the full damage damage warranty and you really can't beat the deal. I've got about a month until I can get the rims/tires, but I'll definitely give some feedback.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

FYI on the Nitto: I had some NeoGens on one of my personal cars for over a year and absolutely loved them. I never had a chance to take them in any thick weather here in AZ but they were a great tire for me. Before that, I made the mistake of buying the cheapest thing I could find (this was before I knew anything about tires) boy did I notice a difference. There are a lot of cheap no-name brand tires out there that beg "buy me" with their price but put them on and you will wish you spent an extra 10.00 per tire for something good. Falken and nitto are two brands that you really do get a lot of tire for your money, Trust me on this one I learned the hard way.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by TravisDTD
FYI on the Nitto: I had some NeoGens on one of my personal cars for over a year and absolutely loved them. I never had a chance to take them in any thick weather here in AZ but they were a great tire for me. Before that, I made the mistake of buying the cheapest thing I could find (this was before I knew anything about tires) boy did I notice a difference. There are a lot of cheap no-name brand tires out there that beg "buy me" with their price but put them on and you will wish you spent an extra 10.00 per tire for something good. Falken and nitto are two brands that you really do get a lot of tire for your money, Trust me on this one I learned the hard way.
That's why I'm trying out Falken, I loved my Coopers, but they died too fast (more due to just driving aimlessly too much...20k in a year doing local driving). I've always liked Falken tires and decided to get them a shot. I'm def going to order a set of Blizzaks for my 17's just to use in the winter, then I think I might try out some Toyo's next.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Nitto and Toyo are made by the same manufacture. I would suggest the Nittos next then maybe some BFG's I know they are a little more money but they are made by michelin and I have an old roomate that swears by them. He drives a Audi A4 3.0 (Gforce Sports)
Old 01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i recently got the falken fk 452's on stock rims, 115 each. This tire handled exceptionally well in the heavy rain, even though its a summer tire. (Los Angeles just went through a storm last weekend) After the rain, I had a chance to drive more spirited in the canyons and it grips very well. I would say the falken fk 452's are very nice all around tires, you should consider the 452's as a possibility.