Notices

Hit Pothole, Stock Right Front tire deflated.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member

Default Hit Pothole, Stock Right Front tire deflated.

Well, it happened. My first flat tire. I stop somewhere and get out all my stuff and begin to try to change the tire to the donut provided. I set the jack up and start to jack it up. I get it half way and when I try to get the tire off the car jerks back and bends my jack like at an angle. Then a friend comes to help with the same exact jack as I had and it bends in half, so then we go to another friend who has another jack of the same kind and we wind up not using it.

I was on my way to pick up my sister who needed to go to the hospital and picked her up, on the way to go drop her off I hit a massive pothole and next thing I know i have a flat tire in the front right, so then I went and changed it to the donut.

I parked my car at home and have been away from my car so I was wondering what tire the 07 Tc's come with, I know they are Yokahama something. I need to know how much a new tire is going to cost me. I've been trying to search and came up with the Yok S32A tires. About $200. I was thinking of ging to get it inflated and see if it will seal up again or if its busted.

This sucks, ;imited funds and a trip to GA teetering on this.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member

I would check the lip on the rim for any bends. I had the same thing happen to both rims on the passenger side. Went a little close to the edge of the road on a curve and hit an edge where the asphalt chunked out. Two semi bent rims on the inside lip.

Short story. It's a good chance that it's the rim that's bent and not the tire.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you can get just the flat tire off, just take the flat to a tire shop. They will determine if you need a new tire, new rim, or both.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

suxxxx... but yeah whatever you do.. well this is to everybody... don't use that fix-a-flat crud in a can... it'll corode your rim and if it has a nail and you take it to get it fixed a lot of places won't do it.. plus that stuff just smells nasty either way.

ohhh forgot to mention... if you lookin at a whole new set... or for when you do... check out the Goodyear Eagle F1 gsd3... i think they're called.. awesome.. you'll love them
Old 05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member

Well I took it to a Goodyear shop and let them check it out. They said that there was a pinch in the tire and they couldn't repair it. I looked around for the stock S32A tires and found out they were nationally back ordered. I talked to a guy at a tire shop who pointed me to a different Yokahama tire with the same size and same speed rating just about $100 cheaper.

They balanced it and put the tire on the front passenger side. The ride seemed to have suffered as well as a few other things, so I just rotated it to the back and put the stock tire in the front and that seems to have cleared up the problem.

Had to take my front window tints off... sucks it being 95* here in Socal.