Notices

I need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM

Default I need a little help

Hello my name is Evan and yes i am new to this foroum but not to modifying cars. Yet i am kinda stuck in a little predicament and i could use some suggestions. First I was shadowing at a shop and the owner just so happened to have a pair of Rays Volk CE 28 with brand new Bridgestone potenza pole pistions on 'em, well short story short he wanted 1500 for them so i bought them. I did some research and found that they would fit but most of the research i did said that i could stuff a 245r18 where those stockers satso i did the only problem now is that the center hub protrudes about 1/4'' and i cant find center caps that will fit. The owner of the shop said that rays doesn't make a center cap that isn't flush mount but yet i have seen his set of carbon fiber set that did but he wanted 2 bills for them and i didn't know what to do. My other question is that i have 80 k on my tc and its only an 07, i want to turbo and rebuild the engine and i think it is worth it but what parts would you suggest about the internals. Any help would be appreciated. p.s. I have posted a link so you can see what im talking about with my rims. and my other questions were that i do want to lower my car. Yes i want to lower it, I'd love to drop it but i have two kids and the little ones right now so i was either gonna invest in either coil-overs when i save some cash but right now i just had my little one so i just wanted to get some h-tech's but i was wondering would it just be eaiser and more cost effective for a pair of coilver (tein or just getting the springs and when my shocks do need to be replaced (cause i've already got 80k with 5 or more long road trips and i have a leaking passenger cv joint) Selling the springs and using my saved money to get the coilovers? and the problem is i am running 245's and what could i do if i drop it 1.5/2.0 fr&r? Would i have to tuck my wheels and i need some help cause i've never done it before. Thanks guys.Name:  IMAG0744.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  77.3 KBAnd this is the rear wheels Name:  IMAG0745.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  147.6 KB
And how close the cap is to fitting Name:  IMAG0628.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  47.9 KB
and i did find Evasive Motorsports offers some other versions but i was wondering would i grab the high or low version?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

tried....reading....runons....so....hard...eyes....bleeding....dead
Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

You already have a thread about this. Use it. Don't make another one.