Pic Request: TCs on SSR Professor

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pic Request: TCs on SSR Professor

Hey everyone,

Just like the title reads, I'm looking for pics of TCs running SSR Professors. Preferrably 18s. Please also share/provide as much setup info as possible.

Yes, I'm aware of HKSpeed's setup and have seen numerous pics of his car - visually, it's my ideal wheel/suspension setup. Fortunately, he shared his setup info with me. Unfortunately, its not what I'm looking for in terms of everyday drivability. I would just like to see if there are others running similar (slightly less agressive) setups.

I've gone through all the "Post your TC with aftermarket rims/wheels" and "Post your lowered TC" posts and did not find what I was looking for. Hopefully, someone out there has pictures that are rarely posted.

Sorry for the long read. Thanks in advance!

- R
Old 07-25-2006, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is nothing wrong with what HKS did for drivablity, its perfect.........what do you have in mind? you seem rather vauge with what you are looking to do.......
Old 07-25-2006, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And I quote HKSpeed:

the ride is bumpy, noisy, and i rub alot. i cant have any rear passengers since it'll make the rubbing worse. i'd like to go lower, but i'll rub even more. i had to roll the rear fenders to fit the wheels. despite the negatives, i like the look.
Trust me, I would like nothing more than to just take his exact setup and duplicate it on my car. However, I still need a fairly reliable car that I can use everyday. IMO, I think this means that it should ride comfortably (not on some Maybach-type comfort but not an "angle-for-every-dip-in-the-road" ride either) and be capable of seating 4 (rare but still happens).

My setup now consists of the stock 17s on TRD springs and I'm content with it. I know that there will be some trade-off in drivability and comfort if I upgrade but I would like to make every attempt to give away as little of that as possible.

My initial post was a little vague, hope this clears things up and makes my end goal more clear. So, any pics/suggestions?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

his set up is pretty close to mine, i have had 4 adults in my Tc.......as long as your not running some super slammed springs you should be ok.
his set/ my set up is very reliable for daily driving, very comfortable, and a good solid ride.....nothing harsh, nothing too soft. i think with the TRD drop your fine......just add some nice18" rims with 225/40 tires and your good, that is what most people run, very reliable.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71809

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43337

http://www.ptuning.com/html/project_tc.cfm

these guys dont have nearly as much lip as I do.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, arnt you running 8.5?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm actually kind of relieved to know that I can still bite (yes, I'm considering some un-originality here) the look without sacrificing ride comfort.

HKSpeed - thanks for the pics. They were nice but still don't cut it for me. The only one that came close was the Ptuning that was sitting on 19s.