Pirelli

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

Default Pirelli

So yesterday I went to get my new rims put on my car. I didnt get new tires because i had Pirelli's with 30K on them and figured they would be fine (had them almost 2 years to the day). as the shop took the wheels they noticed somthing and came into the shop and got me. They took me into the garage and showed me 3 of the 4 tires has severe cracking along the sidewall. They told me im lucky that one hasnt blown yet. So what was just gonna be new rims turned into another 600 for new tires as well. Afterwards the shop told me they have noticed Pirelli is a piece of junk and they have seen this before and just a week earlier a guy whos tires were only 6 months old had the same issue. Has anyone else on here had any issues like this with pirelli? As of right now I will NEVER buy Pirelli again.

Pirelli
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

i havent had any problems with my pirelli's. i've had them for about 2years and nothing.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its all about Nitto Neo-Gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mossfan15
Afterwards the shop told me they have noticed Pirelli is a piece of junk and they have seen this before and just a week earlier a guy whos tires were only 6 months old had the same issue. Has anyone else on here had any issues like this with pirelli? As of right now I will NEVER buy Pirelli again.

Pirelli
yeah your tire shop is telling you the truth! Pirelli's are the WORST tires I've ever seen when it comes to consistent quality. Or lack of quality. Had tried out some Pzero Neros, put them on the balancer, tire was in an "S" shaped wobble, back n forth, as it spun. The tread wasnt even put on straight! And pirelli claims they have robotic assembly, i think the robots were drunk! And yea this wasn't just one tire either but was many that were tried, I gave up and tried something else! Never will I waste my time on Pirelli again, either.

And to the others out there who are Pirelli defenders, the rim/wheel was NOT bent, it was checked so yes it was cheap quality Pirelli tires.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
yeah your tire shop is telling you the truth! Pirelli's are the WORST tires I've ever seen when it comes to consistent quality. Or lack of quality. Had tried out some Pzero Neros, put them on the balancer, tire was in an "S" shaped wobble, back n forth, as it spun. The tread wasnt even put on straight! And pirelli claims they have robotic assembly, i think the robots were drunk! And yea this wasn't just one tire either but was many that were tried, I gave up and tried something else! Never will I waste my time on Pirelli again, either.

And to the others out there who are Pirelli defenders, the rim/wheel was NOT bent, it was checked so yes it was cheap quality Pirelli tires.

i had the pzero neros myself. i just cant believe two years is all i got out of a "top of the line" tire
Old 03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When they tested the ZR1 vette against the Ferrari, the vette got better ratings at high speed handling (150+) because it was equipped with better tires. The Pirellis on the Ferrari on the same track and the same speeds broke apart on the edge of the tread near the sidewall. This is on a brand new 250k+ car. I forget what car mag the article was in but google will probably show it somewhere if you look for it.